Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do I hold on to everything the day after a refeed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do I hold on to everything the day after a refeed?

Doesn't even have to be a skipload. If I cheat on Saturday night, Sunday I'll gain weight and for the remainder of the day I just get excessively bloated.

For example:
    Saturday was my skipload. Baseline 203. I skiploaded all day and woke up at 214lbs (11lbs). I did my cardio and I train back. But it's like the 2 gallons of water I consumed for the day just builds in my body. I don't pee as much and plus my stomach is full and bloated still like all the food is just sitting in my gut.

I'll wake up Monday at 214lbs and for the day I'll piss like a race horse and I'll drop 6-7 lbs Tuesday morning

Why is that? If I loaded on Sunday this wouldn't happen. Is it because I'm not working and after training I'm pratically laying around all day? It's extremely uncomfortable and kind of a mental mind fuck. How ever I'll be 201 this Saturday. Doesn't effect progress, but the gaining of 20 lbs is uncomfortable.

I suspect aldosterone have something to do with this? When I was loading 6-10 hours and back on my diet and fluids after this wouldn't happen. It's only when I cheat at night before bed.
    Last edited by The Stallion; 04-26-2015, 10:59 PM.

That's basically skiploading or refeeding. You eat a lot of carbs and drink water and your body holds onto a lot of it. Over the course of the week your body will drop carbs and water with it and you'll be back at baseline or below by your next refeed.

As far as being uncomfortable and bloated, I think that would depend how your system handles the excessive amount of food. It's a lot of gastric stress. Maybe try some digestive enzymes to help break down the foods. Also, you should not be forcing food down your throat and feeling sick. Eat until you feel full and stop and weight till another meal.

I am usually sluggish in the gym the day after a skipload. I think that is normal.

True Nutrition Discount: SRC745
    *2006 USAPL Washington State Powerlifting Championships- 1st, 14-16 age-148lb class -2nd Men's Open 148lb class
    •2x WABDL Worlds Runner Up - Teens 16-17 165lb
    *Former WABDL Teen 16-17 165lb World Record Bench Holder (Washington state record) of 396.6lbs

Comment

Where do you get the gaining of 20 pounds? My math doesn't come to 20 pounds in your situation.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
      Instagram: @intensemuscle
      YouTube: TEAMSKIP
      TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

I weighed 214 Sunday morning. Before I went to bed (7 meals 2+ gallons of water) I weighed 221. So more like 18 lbs. all together

Today (Monday) I woke up at 214lbs.

So a total of 11lbs from the load. Then an additional 7lbs for the day. Instead of pushing water out I just add to it and it gets really uncomfortable.
        Last edited by The Stallion; 04-27-2015, 11:05 PM.

Comment

The weight of food and water that you take in, doesn't matter. There is no need to weigh yourself at night, ever, because it isn't an accurate weight. We take our scale weight to get an accurate measure of muscle, fat and water. The only way you can do that is with a morning weight vs. a morning weight.

Skip

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

I know. I suppose I'm a bit nuerotic. How ever today (Tuesday) woke up at 208.3lbs. I'll baseline most likely on Friday and drop 1-2 by Saturday. It's like clock work. Just curious on why I hold on to my refeed weight for two days.

Comment

It's water weight; everyone holds water weight for a few days.

Skip

Comment

I'll play devils advocate, who cares if you hold water if you're dropping, it's glycogen, carbs + water, I was the same way, took all week to come off, some drop it quicker

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
                  It's water weight; everyone holds water weight for a few days.

Skip
                  Do they?? I know nothing about this topic

Comment

Working...
                  X