Help Me Battle Liver Cancer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Me Battle Liver Cancer!

So, after looking at the costs and what could come up, my fiancee and I decided to break down and make a go fund me campaign. The info is on my campaign page, but this is why we are asking for help... Insurance will cover treatments from 65% to 85% depending on what it is and will cover the donor testing and transplant costs at the same level. They would like to do a live donor transplant from a family member like my mom or brother, as these can be done faster. With that said, you then have the prescription meds for myself and the donor (these are sometimes only covered at 50%), transportation costs and hospital stay for myself and the donor (given living transplant), physician costs and post surgery follow up costs. The estimated cost of everything for the transplant can easily exceed $500k (this provides the 2011 costs of a liver transplant and states it would be $577,000 estimated: Transplant Living | Financing A Transplant | Costs ). In the best case scenario with everything covered at 85%, I would be out of pocket something in the ballpark of $80k

This is the link to my campaign. We would greatly appreciate it if you could share this page everywhere you can, and if possible make a contribution to support our medical expenses.

http://m.helphopelive.org/campaign/8836
    mentalflex
    ISOM Winner February 2012
    Last edited by mentalflex; 05-01-2015, 02:49 PM.
    Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
    2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
    2015 Beat Cancer!

Funded! Best of luck and health kris!
    SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

Originally posted by LG1 View Post
      Funded! Best of luck and health kris!
      Thank you brother!

I truly appreciate it!!!!
      Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Originally posted by mentalflex View Post
        Thank you brother!

I truly appreciate it!!!!

Glad to be able to assist you in a time of need. God bless!
        SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

I haven't been here in quite awhile. But when I was a regular a couple years ago you could tell (as I'm sure you still can) this forum is unlike most of the others. This place is a community of support, encouragement, and when necessary a slap in the face or a place to check yourself. We didn't put up with bullshit. But if you checked your ego at the login, sought out help, advice, whatever, this family was amazing.

One member of my family is now in need. Let me tell you about what I know about Kris. I know he is intelligent, driven, motivated, strong, courteous, caring, compassionate. He is also willing to share knowledge, to be an advisor, a mentor, a sounding board, a guide... A friend. A brother and I do not frequently use those two words to describe people I know.

He's usually one of the first to respond to questions about training plan critiques. The one who will spend tons of time picking apart your plan when he doesn't even know you. Why? Not because he's trying to prove himself. But because he's actually one of the few who really do like helping. Not merely one who touts such but one who acts.

I've gone through some hard times here and there the last few years, the details of which I'll not delve into here because this is about helping one of our own. Kris has always been there for me. Six months can go by without so much as a hi from me, but if I email him with a problem, he answers within minutes at least to acknowledge the email. He's sent me care packages when I was deployed just to show support. He's helped me figure out academic goals and helped to balance them with life and heartbreak. He's always there when I needed him. And I KNOW I'm not the only one here who he has helped personally, professionally, or both.

Now it's our turn to show him how much we appreciate him and to help him through this difficult time. He's strong. I have no doubt he'll destroy this cancer. But I'm honored to know him and honored to help him. I'm not sure how many people are still around from a few years ago. I came here to post about my friend Kris.

Oh.... And I didn't mention I've never even met him face to face. THAT'S how strongly I feel about him as a person. Let's get this done. It doesn't matter what the monetary value is. Everyone can help out. So do it.

Mike

Comment

As I said in your other thread on the subject, I would be more than happy to help. I'm waiting on 2 paychecks from 2 jobs and I will make a donation. Let's keep this thread going in the top threads as a reminder.

Make sure to look into some credits doctors and surgeons will give. It all depends on your income compared to the cost of the operation but when I had acl surgery I was not well off at all and my bill after insurance was 8k. The doctor, because of my income, knocked it down 45%. There's a name for this but I can't remember what it is.

True Nutrition Discount: SRC745
            *2006 USAPL Washington State Powerlifting Championships- 1st, 14-16 age-148lb class -2nd Men's Open 148lb class
            •2x WABDL Worlds Runner Up - Teens 16-17 165lb
            *Former WABDL Teen 16-17 165lb World Record Bench Holder (Washington state record) of 396.6lbs

Comment

You already got 5k in in less than 24h, like I said brother, people will come out of the woodwork to help you ASAP.

As soon as I get my paycheck I'mma help out too, will also post the go-fund me page wherever I can.
              "If you're ready to do DC, you're not gonna give a flying f*(k about fatigue from the previous exercise. You get under the bar and kill it, each and every time." - homonunculus

"Nothing better than coming to IM and seeing a Wall of Text next to that big Tricep pic." - Lonnie123

“Hateful to me as the gates of Hades is that man who hides one thing in his heart and speaks another.” - Homer

The scale doesn't show a number. When he steps on it, it simply reads: Big Mother Fucker. - Skip

Comment

Also, asking permission to get it up on instagram.
                "If you're ready to do DC, you're not gonna give a flying f*(k about fatigue from the previous exercise. You get under the bar and kill it, each and every time." - homonunculus

"Nothing better than coming to IM and seeing a Wall of Text next to that big Tricep pic." - Lonnie123

“Hateful to me as the gates of Hades is that man who hides one thing in his heart and speaks another.” - Homer

The scale doesn't show a number. When he steps on it, it simply reads: Big Mother Fucker. - Skip

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Travis View Post
                  I haven't been here in quite awhile. But when I was a regular a couple years ago you could tell (as I'm sure you still can) this forum is unlike most of the others. This place is a community of support, encouragement, and when necessary a slap in the face or a place to check yourself. We didn't put up with bullshit. But if you checked your ego at the login, sought out help, advice, whatever, this family was amazing.

One member of my family is now in need. Let me tell you about what I know about Kris. I know he is intelligent, driven, motivated, strong, courteous, caring, compassionate. He is also willing to share knowledge, to be an advisor, a mentor, a sounding board, a guide... A friend. A brother and I do not frequently use those two words to describe people I know.

He's usually one of the first to respond to questions about training plan critiques. The one who will spend tons of time picking apart your plan when he doesn't even know you. Why? Not because he's trying to prove himself. But because he's actually one of the few who really do like helping. Not merely one who touts such but one who acts.

I've gone through some hard times here and there the last few years, the details of which I'll not delve into here because this is about helping one of our own. Kris has always been there for me. Six months can go by without so much as a hi from me, but if I email him with a problem, he answers within minutes at least to acknowledge the email. He's sent me care packages when I was deployed just to show support. He's helped me figure out academic goals and helped to balance them with life and heartbreak. He's always there when I needed him. And I KNOW I'm not the only one here who he has helped personally, professionally, or both.

Now it's our turn to show him how much we appreciate him and to help him through this difficult time. He's strong. I have no doubt he'll destroy this cancer. But I'm honored to know him and honored to help him. I'm not sure how many people are still around from a few years ago. I came here to post about my friend Kris.

Oh.... And I didn't mention I've never even met him face to face. THAT'S how strongly I feel about him as a person. Let's get this done. It doesn't matter what the monetary value is. Everyone can help out. So do it.

Mike
                  Mike pretty much summed it all up in his post.

Kris is an amazing young man and if you can give then please do.

Kris, you are a great young man and I am here for you.

-Tony
                  2014 USPA Nevada State / Regional Championships - 1,168 total

2014 USPA National Championships - 1,235 total

2014 Village Gym Meet - 1,260 total

2015 USPA Camp Pendleton Meet - 1,235 total

Journal: http://intensemuscle.com/showthread....80#post1112980

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Travis View Post

Mike

Originally posted by Collabera View Post
                    As I said in your other thread on the subject, I would be more than happy to help. I'm waiting on 2 paychecks from 2 jobs and I will make a donation. Let's keep this thread going in the top threads as a reminder.

Make sure to look into some credits doctors and surgeons will give. It all depends on your income compared to the cost of the operation but when I had acl surgery I was not well off at all and my bill after insurance was 8k. The doctor, because of my income, knocked it down 45%. There's a name for this but I can't remember what it is.

No worries brother! My girl and I are meeting with everyone on Monday to work out some financials and details of the transplant.

Originally posted by 0001Delta View Post
                    You already got 5k in in less than 24h, like I said brother, people will come out of the woodwork to help you ASAP.

As soon as I get my paycheck I'mma help out too, will also post the go-fund me page wherever I can.

Originally posted by 0001Delta View Post
                    Also, asking permission to get it up on instagram.

Permission granted Delta. Thank you so much!!!

Originally posted by TLopez View Post
                    Mike pretty much summed it all up in his post.

Kris is an amazing young man and if you can give then please do.

Kris, you are a great young man and I am here for you.

-Tony

Mike and Tony, you guys are family. I am close with many members here and also consider them family. You are both amazing people and I feel so blessed to have both if you as friends. Thank you guys!

Thank you everyone! The amount if support has been overwhelming!!!

2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

College cash comes around the first. I'll pitch in what I can then.

J
                      "No man ever won a war by dieing for his county. He did it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his."

George Patton

Get your Protein where the real men get theirs, TrueProtein.com

5% off with Dicount code JNR490, and 10% off orders over 10 lbs!!!

Comment

Bump
                        2014 USPA Nevada State / Regional Championships - 1,168 total

2014 USPA National Championships - 1,235 total

2014 Village Gym Meet - 1,260 total

2015 USPA Camp Pendleton Meet - 1,235 total

Journal: http://intensemuscle.com/showthread....80#post1112980

Comment

We are at Hopkins now, looks like it is going to be far more expensive than we thought.

There are a lot of out of pocket things that don't fall under insurance coverage. This, compounded with my girl having to take unpaid leave and being out of work for up to 6 months is going to be a big burden to bear.

We are going to go through one of the two liver transplant organizations to arrange for additional fundraisers

We have a long journey ahead. We are really struggling to stay positive today...

2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Originally posted by mentalflex View Post
                            We are at Hopkins now, looks like it is going to be far more expensive than we thought.

There are a lot of out of pocket things that don't fall under insurance coverage. This, compounded with my girl having to take unpaid leave and being out of work for up to 6 months is going to be a big burden to bear.

We are going to go through one of the two liver transplant organizations to arrange for additional fundraisers

We have a long journey ahead. We are really struggling to stay positive today...
                            Sorry to hear that Kris. We are investigating a company called American HealthCare Lending for our Bariatric patients who are uninsured or in many cases today under insured. They have lots of divisions and I'm not sure if they may be able to help out or not. Their web address is www.americanhealthcarelending.com
                            Joe

Contest History:
                            2017 Muscle Heat - 2nd Place Masters 40+ HWT & 3rd Place LHW
                            2017 Gold's Classic - 3rd Place Masters 40+ HWT & 4th Place LHW
                            2016 GK Classic - 1st Place MW & 4th Place Masters 40+
                            2016 Charlotte Europa - 3rd Place MW & 1st Place Masters 35+
                            2015 Mid-Atlantic Classic - 4th Place LHW & 4th Place Masters 40+ HWY
                            2014 Muscle Heat Classic - 4th Place LHW & 4th Place Masters 35+ HWY

Comment

I am sorry to hear that kris. I know in the end if this everything will work out. Also just sent you an email.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              "Only God can Judge me." -Tupac

My Journal- http://www.intensemuscle.com/38062-eye-tiger.html

Comment

Working...
                              X