how to work out in a crowded gym

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to work out in a crowded gym

Helpful hint: to make sure you have access to the equipment you need at the gym no matter how crowded it is, just put twelve eggs and a potato in the blender right before your workout and pound it down like a boss. Moses parting the Red Sea will have nothing on you. If you know you will require a machine that is in high demand, and of which there is only one, it's best to err on the side of caution by adding a can of beans to the mix. If you find yourself getting frequent dirty looks from those who are not as hardcore as you, arm yourself with a T-shirt that reads, "I'll stop farting when everyone else starts racking their fucking weights."
    "Be kind, friendly and lenient towards your fellow man, but unrelenting and pitiless with yourself." -- Franz Bardon

"If you're ready to do DC, you're not gonna give a flying f*(k about fatigue from the previous exercise. You get under the bar and kill it, each and every time." - homonunculus

"Nothing better than coming to IM and seeing a Wall of Text next to that big Tricep pic." - Lonnie123

“Hateful to me as the gates of Hades is that man who hides one thing in his heart and speaks another.” - Homer

The scale doesn't show a number. When he steps on it, it simply reads: Big Mother Fucker. - Skip

Comment

I'll just wake up earlier, or train later (this is worse), or find times when the gym is empty...like Sunday afternoons.
      #docswholift
      PGY-1 FM
      "No idea is above scrutiny and no people are beneath dignity." -Maajid Nawaz

Comment

We had a kid that was like that except it was B-O. It was so freaking bad that you literally couldn't work out near him because you have to breathe hard between sets.

I used to walk up to people near me (when he was nearby) and preemptively tell them "that's not me"!

Comment

Originally posted by armoredvan View Post
          We had a kid that was like that except it was B-O. It was so freaking bad that you literally couldn't work out near him because you have to breathe hard between sets.

I used to walk up to people near me (when he was nearby) and preemptively tell them "that's not me"!
          we must work out at the same gym :yield:

Comment

Don't even get me started on this. I work out at New York Sports club in NYC and it's horrible. Now that everyone is on this Crossfit junk you have 130 lb men taking barbells off of the benches and squat racks to do "cleans" that they are completely incapable of doing. They also leave the weights and bars on the floor when they are finished.
            The dumbbell racks are a mess. You will find guys doing chest presses with 30 lb dumbbells on the benches right next to the 100-125 lb dumbbells not understanding that they belong over near the light weights. Mostly it's just skinny fat guys dressed to the 9's in their fancy new lululemon or under armor matching getups with 300 dollar headphones who spend more time checking facebook and texting then they do actually working out.
            I once saw a guy doing hacksquats while talking on the phone, it was hysterical!
            Last edited by Rictor54; 04-20-2015, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Find another gym. This is a battle you'll never win.

Comment

Originally posted by Atlas429 View Post
                Find another gym. This is a battle you'll never win.
                Yep. Unfortunately my other options are either inconvenient or overpriced. Corporate gyms don't care about their members, they prefer you pay and not show up. My corporate discount didn't work with them because "I was already a member". How lame.

Comment

Originally posted by Rictor54 View Post
                  Yep. Unfortunately my other options are either inconvenient or overpriced. Corporate gyms don't care about their members, they prefer you pay and not show up. My corporate discount didn't work with them because "I was already a member". How lame.

Damn if I lived in NY id goto Bev Francis' gym and hope I see Kai Greene. Its a big city there should be a million places that aren't corporate...

Comment

Originally posted by BlenderManDan View Post
                    arm yourself with a T-shirt that reads, "I'll stop farting when everyone else starts racking their fucking weights."
                    I would pay good money for this T-shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by trulysmoked View Post
                      Damn if I lived in NY id goto Bev Francis' gym and hope I see Kai Greene. Its a big city there should be a million places that aren't corporate...
                      Bev's is in Long Island, that's not convenient at all You have to keep in mind that if you live in NYC that having a car is unnecessary and expensive. The rents for space are so expensive that a mom and pop gym would have a miserable time even getting a small space unless it was bankrolled by someone with major finances. Only corporate gyms can really survive in Manhattan (NYSC/WEAK-UINOX).

Comment

My favorite NYSC is in Brooklyn!
                        SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

Working...
                        X