Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jump Rope

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Jump Rope

    Can anyone recommend a good jump rope? I'd like to get something decent and probably a speed rope instead of a weighted one since I'll be new to it.

  • #2
    If you're using it as a means of cardio, I would find something else. The shin splints are debilitating.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by FRANK_KOVACIC View Post
      If you're using it as a means of cardio, I would find something else. The shin splints are debilitating.
      Really? I was told that it's a good way to do some extra conditioning, even by some powerlifters. What about doing intervals, like 1 minute on, 2 minutes off?

      Comment


      • #4
        The shin splints might be debilitating for some but I've never had an issue with them. It probably comes down to if you are predisposed to getting them. I grew up wrestling and used a rope and still do. I never had a good time trying to get one of the thin speed ropes spinning well. I also used one of the para-cord like ropes that are surrounded by inch long plastic pieces. This made it a lot easier for myself to get a decent rope speed going without tiring my shoulders so I could skip for longer.

        http://www.amazon.com/K-Roo-Sports-7.../dp/B00VIHO4HY
        The average silverback gorilla in the wild is between 5'7 and 5'11, and weighs between 298 and 397 pounds (according to wikipedia). Why not shoot for that?

        -LoRez from T Nation

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by SDMF View Post
          Really? I was told that it's a good way to do some extra conditioning, even by some powerlifters. What about doing intervals, like 1 minute on, 2 minutes off?
          Originally posted by sampsellta View Post
          The shin splints might be debilitating for some but I've never had an issue with them. It probably comes down to if you are predisposed to getting them.
          I think it's an awesome way to get in conditioning as well. It's one of the more intense forms of cardio and would probably lend itself great to intervals. My shins can't handle it, unfortunately. Perhaps sampsellta is right and that it affects some more than others. Maybe you can even build up a tolerance for it. I just found it painful and never stuck with it.

          Comment

          Working...
          X