Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guy dies on stage in Florida at BBing show

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Guy dies on stage in Florida at BBing show

    Anyone have any more details on this? I think he was a physique guy but he died on stage last weekend in Florida. He was allegedly working with a well-known prep guy.

    Skip


    Facebook: Skip Hill
    Instagram: @intensemuscle
    YouTube: TEAMSKIP
    TikTok: @intensemuscle


    For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

    Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

  • #2
    There are a few physique guys at my gym and they've told me the same story, I tried searching for details but I haven't found anything yet, so I'm also curious to know.
    "If you're ready to do DC, you're not gonna give a flying f*(k about fatigue from the previous exercise. You get under the bar and kill it, each and every time." - homonunculus

    "Nothing better than coming to IM and seeing a Wall of Text next to that big Tricep pic." - Lonnie123

    “Hateful to me as the gates of Hades is that man who hides one thing in his heart and speaks another.” - Homer

    The scale doesn't show a number. When he steps on it, it simply reads: Big Mother Fucker. - Skip

    Comment


    • #3
      Over on pbb Matt said his name was Randy Blankenship. Nothing was said about who he was working with though.

      See post 14
      http://projectbodybuilding.com/forum...ad-by-Me/page2
      6/22/13 - 2013 NPC VICTORY CLASSIC
      1st - Novice Men's Lightheavy & Novice overall

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
        He was allegedly working with a well-known prep guy.

        Skip
        I know your not going to say any names but is it the same prep guy who had a client die not too long ago??
        6/22/13 - 2013 NPC VICTORY CLASSIC
        1st - Novice Men's Lightheavy & Novice overall

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by LKQSJH View Post
          I know your not going to say any names but is it the same prep guy who had a client die not too long ago??
          Are you referring to that incident that was spread by a certain other coach all over the internet and FB? The one that involved an amputation?

          If so, then the prep guy accused in the matter was not involved, he had lost contact with the guy for nearly 3 months I believe.
          Last edited by 0001Delta; 04-07-2015, 09:18 PM.
          "If you're ready to do DC, you're not gonna give a flying f*(k about fatigue from the previous exercise. You get under the bar and kill it, each and every time." - homonunculus

          "Nothing better than coming to IM and seeing a Wall of Text next to that big Tricep pic." - Lonnie123

          “Hateful to me as the gates of Hades is that man who hides one thing in his heart and speaks another.” - Homer

          The scale doesn't show a number. When he steps on it, it simply reads: Big Mother Fucker. - Skip

          Comment


          • #6
            Quick Google... http://forums.rxmuscle.com/showthrea...ht=Blankenship

            Comment


            • #7
              CAVEAT: I have know idea who this guy is or why he died. For all I know he could have been struck by lightning and it was completely unavoidable. The following comments are about competitive bodybuilding in GENERAL.


              From a Dave Draper article:

              When we returned to the front office, Arthur Jones appeared. He operated in what I recognized as his familiar lecture mode. Casey (Viator)lit up a cigarette, as Jones told me to pay attention. He was about to demonstrate why Casey would always be in a different physical dimension than the one I (and almost everyone else on the planet) occupied, and for reasons unrelated to how either Viator or I trained.

              These deaths do not surprise me. I can't find it now, but read the quote one time where Casey Viator (heavy smoker) once said after being asked about smoking and the dichotomy of being a healthy bodybuilder "Yes I smoke, and whoever told you bodybuilding was healthy lied to you...." This is true today. You can't tell me eating so many surplus calories, taking copious "supplements", messing with insulin, taking fat burners, stimulants, extreme dieting etc. is healthy. Sure its healthier than sitting on the couch and eating hot dogs all day (well maybe it isn't but at least its close), but it is not healthy compared to someone who lives life in moderation. Like my buddy said, "I am going to be a bodybuilder, I will die young but they will bury me in a big casket." He died before 40. But he was big!
              Last edited by Swaminator; 04-07-2015, 11:54 PM.
              Family Guy but also; Old School SoCal, punk rock loving, powerlifting, hardcore gym rat. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtLQ73EutoY

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Swaminator View Post
                CAVEAT: I have know idea who this guy is or why he died. For all I know he could have been struck by lightning and it was completely unavoidable. The following comments are about competitive bodybuilding in GENERAL.


                From a Dave Draper article:

                When we returned to the front office, Arthur Jones appeared. He operated in what I recognized as his familiar lecture mode. Casey (Viator)lit up a cigarette, as Jones told me to pay attention. He was about to demonstrate why Casey would always be in a different physical dimension than the one I (and almost everyone else on the planet) occupied, and for reasons unrelated to how either Viator or I trained.

                These deaths do not surprise me. I can't find it now, but read the quote one time where Casey Viator (heavy smoker) once said after being asked about smoking and the dichotomy of being a healthy bodybuilder "Yes I smoke, and whoever told you bodybuilding was healthy lied to you...." This is true today. You can't tell me eating so many surplus calories, taking copious "supplements", messing with insulin, taking fat burners, stimulants, extreme dieting etc. is healthy. Sure its healthier than sitting on the couch and eating hot dogs all day (well maybe it isn't but at least its close), but it is not healthy compared to someone who lives life in moderation. Like my buddy said, "I am going to be a bodybuilder, I will die young but they will bury me in a big casket." He died before 40. But he was big!
                I agree. What we do isn't the least healthy thing in the world, but it's far from the most healthy. I have told my family and friends several times... I plan to die young.
                My intro thread: http://intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=49855

                Comment


                • #9
                  You are on your own because I have absolutely NO intentions of dying young. There are risks in this sport, of course, but taking precautions and monitoring your health will help to minimize those risks. Not everyone is on a mission to die young in this sport.

                  Skip


                  Facebook: Skip Hill
                  Instagram: @intensemuscle
                  YouTube: TEAMSKIP
                  TikTok: @intensemuscle


                  For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

                  Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
                    Anyone have any more details on this? I think he was a physique guy but he died on stage last weekend in Florida. He was allegedly working with a well-known prep guy.



                    Skip

                    From everything I've heard heart attack, supposedly had a pre existing condition and worked with Don Long


                    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by 0001Delta View Post
                      Are you referring to that incident that was spread by a certain other coach all over the internet and FB? The one that involved an amputation?

                      If so, then the prep guy accused in the matter was not involved, he had lost contact with the guy for nearly 3 months I believe.
                      Thats same one i was thinking of. I had no idea it was spread by another coach and all that though. Will have to look it back up though because thats really shitty of someone to do that.


                      I agree with what is being said about this not being a "healthy" sport/hobby but you can make that same argument about almost everything we do in life. Everytime i get on my motorcycle its a risk, but when you wear a helmet are not careless/reckless you drop the risk down vs someone who is out riding balls out all the time. I feel same way about bbing. Its a risk sure but when things are done in moderation I don't think your running to an early grave. Before i got into bbing I was a heavy drinker, smoked some, and ate terrible. I like my long term odds with my current lifestyle over the other.
                      6/22/13 - 2013 NPC VICTORY CLASSIC
                      1st - Novice Men's Lightheavy & Novice overall

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Yeah, I am not saying bodybuilding is "unhealthy" as it varies WIDELY from person to person. My point is, the words bodybuilding and health are NOT synonymous. As a matter of fact, in some (many) cases, it is the opposite (as I detailed in my first post). But, in many cases they do go hand in hand. It's on the person, not the sport.
                        Family Guy but also; Old School SoCal, punk rock loving, powerlifting, hardcore gym rat. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtLQ73EutoY

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
                          You are on your own because I have absolutely NO intentions of dying young. There are risks in this sport, of course, but taking precautions and monitoring your health will help to minimize those risks. Not everyone is on a mission to die young in this sport.

                          Skip
                          Oh, I didn't mean to imply that everyone in the sport had a death wish or anything, haha. I was just speaking for myself, and only myself. I honestly have no desire to live a "long life". I'll do my best to enjoy my time here, but I really am waiting to get out of this shit hole. Death seems a fine alternative.
                          My intro thread: http://intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=49855

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Swaminator View Post
                            Yeah, I am not saying bodybuilding is "unhealthy" as it varies WIDELY from person to person. My point is, the words bodybuilding and health are NOT synonymous. As a matter of fact, in some (many) cases, it is the opposite (as I detailed in my first post). But, in many cases they do go hand in hand. It's on the person, not the sport.
                            I completely agree.

                            Skip


                            Facebook: Skip Hill
                            Instagram: @intensemuscle
                            YouTube: TEAMSKIP
                            TikTok: @intensemuscle


                            For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

                            Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
                              Anyone have any more details on this? I think he was a physique guy but he died on stage last weekend in Florida. He was allegedly working with a well-known prep guy.

                              Skip
                              Skip.

                              Yes his name was Randy. I have a pretty good idea what happened and can IM you what I know if you want.
                              Joe




                              Contest History:
                              2017 Muscle Heat - 2nd Place Masters 40+ HWT & 3rd Place LHW
                              2017 Gold's Classic - 3rd Place Masters 40+ HWT & 4th Place LHW
                              2016 GK Classic - 1st Place MW & 4th Place Masters 40+
                              2016 Charlotte Europa - 3rd Place MW & 1st Place Masters 35+
                              2015 Mid-Atlantic Classic - 4th Place LHW & 4th Place Masters 40+ HWY
                              2014 Muscle Heat Classic - 4th Place LHW & 4th Place Masters 35+ HWY


                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X