Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would this guy think of Skiploading?!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would this guy think of Skiploading?!!

I have friends pasting this shit all over Facebook so it made me ask the question; What would this guy think of Skiploading? Or better yet does this video have merit?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QK86W...ature=youtu.be
    Last edited by Indianpower; 04-07-2015, 12:53 PM.

I honestly don't care what that skinny-fat fucker in the video thinks about nutrition.
    My intro thread: http://intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=49855

Comment

Originally posted by MyTMouse View Post
      I honestly don't care what that skinny-fat fucker in the video thinks about nutrition.
      I am noticing a little hostility from ya guy! I take it you know this gentleman in some form or another?

Comment

Originally posted by Indianpower View Post
        I am noticing a little hostility from ya guy! I take it you know this gentleman in some form or another?
        Haha, no personal hostility, no. He may be a great guy, and a lot of what he says in this video has merit.

There is some hostility in general, though. I'm not a fan of anyone who speaks as an "expert" in nutrition and/or training when they have spaghetti arms, spaghetti legs, and a wood stove for a gut.

Comment

And anything that has the word Crossfit in it already raises skepticism in my mind. I listened briefly and a few of the things he says do have merit but I am not going to listen to some cat that I don't know, don't trust and doesn't look like he practices anything of what he preaches.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
          Instagram: @intensemuscle
          YouTube: TEAMSKIP
          TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
            And anything that has the word Crossfit in it already raises skepticism in my mind. I listened briefly and a few of the things he says do have merit but I am not going to listen to some cat that I don't know, don't trust and doesn't look like he practices anything of what he preaches.

Skip
            I wasn't gonna touch the Crossfit thing, but I agree.

Comment

This is the article he mentioned in the first 30 seconds.

http://www.phys.mcw.edu/documents/Sp...9-Group-10.pdf

He makes it out to be some out of the box, revolutionary stance. It a nice article, but it just outlines the basic aspects of what's called metabolic syndrome, which is nothing that anyone who has paid attention to cardiovascular risk factors doesn't know about.

Its a way to introduce the topic that grabs peoples' attention.

My guess is that at least part of the reason why he doesn't look like super stud cross fit badass has something to do with what looks like a disability related to his left leg.

-S

-S
              The Book Has Arrived!
              The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
              2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
              2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

Originally posted by homonunculus View Post

My guess is that at least part of the reason why he doesn't look like super stud cross fit badass has something to do with what looks like a disability related to his left leg.

-S

-S
                I noticed the leg thing too. Besides, I don't think a person has to be shredded or look athletic in order to have knowledge on the subject and any credibility. Sure, it helps. Practice what you preach, right? But it isn't the deciding factor, for me, that I should or should not listen to what he says. I know some pretty big and shredded dudes who are dumb as shit.

Everything he is saying realistically is true. Some of his grocery shopping tips are dumb but it's not too far off. MOST foods down the aisles are hardly food.

As this relates to skiploading, it really doesn't. I'm sure if you asked this guy if sugars and refined carbs have a place in physique enhancement he'd probably say yes. He may say you can spike your metabolism and fill glycogen stores with cleaner and healthier carbs, preferably. But the point is he really didn't touch on that.

To me skiploading is like high sodium or cholesterol. If you have high cholesterol or high blood pressure, you should probably watch those things that make it higher. Otherwise you're fine. Maybe that's an oversimplification but it makes sense to me. And one last thing, skiploading is not a IIFYM kind of thing. You eat clean quality whole foods throughout the week and then for a given amount of hours you eat refined high glycemic carbs. That's not nearly long enough or frequent enough of those kinds of foods to cause any health problems, unless you were already at the tipping point of some of these health related issues.

True Nutrition Discount: SRC745
                *2006 USAPL Washington State Powerlifting Championships- 1st, 14-16 age-148lb class -2nd Men's Open 148lb class
                •2x WABDL Worlds Runner Up - Teens 16-17 165lb
                *Former WABDL Teen 16-17 165lb World Record Bench Holder (Washington state record) of 396.6lbs

Comment

Originally posted by homonunculus View Post
                  This is the article he mentioned in the first 30 seconds.

http://www.phys.mcw.edu/documents/Sp...9-Group-10.pdf

He makes it out to be some out of the box, revolutionary stance. It a nice article, but it just outlines the basic aspects of what's called metabolic syndrome, which is nothing that anyone who has paid attention to cardiovascular risk factors doesn't know about.

Its a way to introduce the topic that grabs peoples' attention.

-S

-S

That intro did the exact opposite for me, quite honestly. He sounds bored.
                  #docswholift
                  PGY-1 FM
                  "No idea is above scrutiny and no people are beneath dignity." -Maajid Nawaz

Comment

Working...
                  X