Programming from Novice to late Intermediate-Shredder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Programming from Novice to late Intermediate-Shredder

What do you feel about following IceCreamFitness 5x5 followed by a modified madcow(with close-grip BP instead of incline and OHP instead of dips, and 3 sets of Chins on Wednesdays) then going to a hypertrophy phase on HST, then using texas method as an intensity phase? I'd stay about a year on each routine Is this a solid route to glory and what are your program recommendations for these stages and what are you're thoughts on this and the programms? I want to know what you big guys think (Advanced to elite lifters) if you happened to lose all your gains and take the fastest route to size and strength.

current lifts 440 squat 300 bench 450 deadlift

All replies greatly appreciated

-Shredder

A little for your time

What I've been doing is following a routine how it is laid out for the big 3, and switch around my accessory work according to how I feel that particular day.
    2014 USPA Nevada State / Regional Championships - 1,168 total

2014 USPA National Championships - 1,235 total

2014 Village Gym Meet - 1,260 total

2015 USPA Camp Pendleton Meet - 1,235 total

Journal: http://intensemuscle.com/showthread....80#post1112980

Comment

I may not be the "elite" you are looking for but I might be able to help.

Just pick a good program and stick with it for at least a few training cycles as you try to beat the log book each session. If you're looking for bodybuilding programs then Mt. dog has some great articles on novice/intermediate workouts, and Fortitude Training is great too. If powerlifting is your thing there are tons of good programs, just read the powerlifting forum or elitefts.com. I don't want to be harsh, but I wouldn't do anything on the advice of IceCreamFitness and planning your training for the next 3 years is probably looking too far ahead.

Hope this helps a little. Keep it simple with one good program, progress through it, and work on your diet too.

Comment

Originally posted by thebarbarian View Post
        I may not be the "elite" you are looking for but I might be able to help.

Just pick a good program and stick with it for at least a few training cycles as you try to beat the log book each session. If you're looking for bodybuilding programs then Mt. dog has some great articles on novice/intermediate workouts, and Fortitude Training is great too. If powerlifting is your thing there are tons of good programs, just read the powerlifting forum or elitefts.com. I don't want to be harsh, but I wouldn't do anything on the advice of IceCreamFitness and planning your training for the next 3 years is probably looking too far ahead.

Hope this helps a little. Keep it simple with one good program, progress through it, and work on your diet too.
        Have you got any links for the mountain dog articles you mentioned? Sounds interesting

Comment

Originally posted by MutantX View Post
          Have you got any links for the mountain dog articles you mentioned? Sounds interesting
          John and Scott just released a training ebook. Buy it, and read it.

Comment

Originally posted by MutantX View Post
            Originally posted by Imprezivr6 View Post
            John and Scott just released a training ebook. Buy it, and read it.
            Here you go:

http://mountaindogdiet.com/custom-pr...-dog-training/

I'm partial to this one, too: www.fortitudetraining.net

-Scott
            The Book Has Arrived!
            The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
            2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
            2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

Good inputs, will look unto Mt.dog and fortitude. But why shouldn't I listen to IceCreamFitness?

And yes I am kind of planning way ahead, but not many things will be changing, Im just going to base the training upon the methods, but write my own templates via modification, nothing major, just substituting dips with CGBP and stuff like that. I want to point out that I wan't to compete in bodybuilding AND powerlifting. Thus the hypertrophy and intensity phase, anybody see where Im trying to go?

Comment

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

And goddamn that's a damn good quote

Comment

And goddamn that's a damn good quote

Comment

Program Links:
                    Scott put up perfect links to the programs I mentioned. Also see the member's section of mountaindogdiet.com for more great material and keep reading the forum for advice (it's a treasure trove).

Planning:
                    Again, I did not want to come off as offensive (it is difficult sometimes with only text), and I apologize if I did so. You may very well be doing a program a year at a time if that is how your training progression pans out. I just thought you might be putting the cart before the horse from my own experience. I have tried to similarly plan out everything neurotically in advance only to fall flat quick. I found it much more helpful for myself to stick to one program and work on progression. I would make sure I was progressing by focusing on the short term; whether that was beating the log book in the next training session or eating correctly for my next meal. Once I made sure those small milestones were lined up I could then look a little further ahead. However, I would get lost/overwhelmed trying to look too far down the line, especially if I had to adjust to some flaw in my "perfect" plan.

IceCreamFitness:
                    I believe the choice to listen to his advice is ultimately for you to decide. It's just my opinion that his "advice" is more of an act to earn affiliate and web traffic income. From my point of view, there are many others online with more experience and accomplishments who are willing to offer advice. His lawsuit with Dr. Norton is also worth researching.

I don't want to go on for too long, but I just want to re-iterate the importance of your diet because I believe it is a LARGE part of accomplishing your goals.

Comment

Working...
                    X