Suggestions with Clen+T3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions with Clen+T3?

Did 10 weeks of mass gaining with test, have another 5-6 weeks to go but switching to stripping the fat away (then continuing dieting without the test). I'm dropping cals from 4k to 2500 for the first week and maybe tapering down each week to close to 2000. I am also trying to add in clen/t3 but I am getting a lot of vague info from my research.

From what I gather, keep T3 relatively constant doses per day (3/day 8 hrs apart) maybe at 100 mcg? And for clen, 2 weeks on 2 weeks off, cycled up to maximum tolerance. Would starting at 40mcg and bumping it up to 100 then back down to 40 over those 2 weeks be a good plan? Then repeat for next "cycle" after the 2 week break?

Going to add cardio maybe 3-4 times of 20mins or so.
    I am currently 192, maybe ~15%, Going to bust out the tape measure and calipers later tonight to start tracking. Would 3lb/wk be too much loss? Trying to get to under 9-10%

I'm no expert. But If I dropped 1500 calories out of the blue, my body would fight me tooth and nail. I've always had to drop calories fairly slowly, 250-500/day per week for a few weeks. So like 4000 as a starting point, I'd do 3750 for a week, then 3500 for two, then maybe 3000 for 2-3 weeks, etc.

Does dropping calories that drastically, and that quickly work well for you?
    My intro thread: http://intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=49855

Comment

Originally posted by MyTMouse View Post
      I'm no expert. But If I dropped 1500 calories out of the blue, my body would fight me tooth and nail. I've always had to drop calories fairly slowly, 250-500/day per week for a few weeks. So like 4000 as a starting point, I'd do 3750 for a week, then 3500 for two, then maybe 3000 for 2-3 weeks, etc.

Does dropping calories that drastically, and that quickly work well for you?
      4000 was stressful eating so 2500 is not a big deal to me at all. i have done this in the past (going from 3k to 1k, a la RFL) and had good results. only lost a tiny bit of strength over those 5 wks

Comment

I hear ya. I'm glad it works for you, it just hasn't for me. Different strokes, different folks.

To contribute a bit to your original post (sorry for getting off topic a little), I think your cycle plan is fine. The only thing I might suggest doing differently is slowly coming up on your T3 dosage. The "tapering down" at the end is ineffective, but the taper up I'm suggesting only so you don't end up using more than you really need. You may find your sweet spot is more like 75mcg per day, instead of 100mcg. Then you can just keep that dosage instead of taking more.

Comment

how can i tell my "sweet spot" with t3? i've never heard of t3 sides but only clen sides

Comment

I'm far from a T3 expert, but 100mcg sounds like quite a lot, especially starting out at that dose.

Comment

Seems to me, and someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but after a 16 week mass building phase, to turn around and start dieting down you will probably lose what little you gained...its important to carry those those gains for some time before you "diet" down...
              Heckman aka "WISE" OLD MAN

Comment

100mcg is a damn big dose. Start much lower than that.

You are in the right track with the clen cycling it on and off.

Dropping 1500 calories and starting t3 and clen at the same time is going to eat up muscle tissue/your gains like Pacman eating dots. I would not do those 3 things at one time.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
                Instagram: @intensemuscle
                YouTube: TEAMSKIP
                TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
                  100mcg is a damn big dose. Start much lower than that.

You are in the right track with the clen cycling it on and off.

Dropping 1500 calories and starting t3 and clen at the same time is going to eat up muscle tissue/your gains like Pacman eating dots. I would not do those 3 things at one time.

Skip
                  Would you recommend dropping the calories slowly keep protein pretty high in hopes of keeping the gained muscle? Just curious about this sort of thing.

Comment

Originally posted by greensoup View Post
                    how can i tell my "sweet spot" with t3? i've never heard of t3 sides but only clen sides
                    I was getting at what the other guys here are saying. Your "sweet spot" with T3 would be the dose where you are seeing fat loss without lots of muscle loss. 100mcg had me losing more muscle than fat (and I was on gear... true story). 50mcg had me losing almost all fat, very little lean tissue loss. But that can vary, from person to person, I'm guessing.

Comment

Originally posted by Heckman View Post
                      Seems to me, and someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but after a 16 week mass building phase, to turn around and start dieting down you will probably lose what little you gained...its important to carry those those gains for some time before you "diet" down...
                      I know for me that has been spot on, in the past.

Comment

i'll keep my cals a little higher for the time being and drop overtime, thanks guys. thought gear would keep the muscle on me.

@mytmouse, how did oyu notice the nuance of losing fat vs losing muscle within a short time period? i'll try 50mcg at first.

edit: just brainfarted and took 50mcg at once instead of splitting it into 3 doses x_x woops
                        Last edited by greensoup; 03-25-2015, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by greensoup View Post
                          i'll keep my cals a little higher for the time being and drop overtime, thanks guys. thought gear would keep the muscle on me.

@mytmouse, how did oyu notice the nuance of losing fat vs losing muscle within a short time period? i'll try 50mcg at first.

edit: just brainfarted and took 50mcg at once instead of splitting it into 3 doses x_x woops
                          I kept each dosage for weeks, not days, to make the evaluation. I checked body weight and body fat % weekly, and with that information calculated lean body mass, and fat mass weekly.

Comment

Originally posted by MyTMouse View Post
                            I kept each dosage for weeks, not days, to make the evaluation. I checked body weight and body fat % weekly, and with that information calculated lean body mass, and fat mass weekly.
                            which method of bf% measurements? i'm using 3 site self calipers and pictures for now. not many other reliable ways

Comment

Yea, I think I was using calipers at the time I did that little experiment. I don't think I had ready access to a BodPod at the time (I did for awhile). It would have been a 7-site test, measurements taken three times at each site, calculations done from averages of the three trials.

Comment

Working...
                              X