Anybody microwave their eggs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody microwave their eggs?

This is probably the most convenient way for me to eat breakfast before work, but i read recently that microwaving them doesnt kill salmonella. Anybody do this and live to tell about it?

Where did you read that?
    Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
    kind of a douche

Comment

On here, I searched 'microwaving eggs' b/c Im pretty paranoid when it comes to uncooked food. Im not really sure about the legitimacy of the post but it tripped me out. I got wicked bad food poisoning before, sh*t my pants bad.

Comment

i currently do not microwave my eggs, however as a lazy teenager i did throughout high school and i'm still alive and well. i can also say that my grandpa microwaves his eggs whenever he wants some.

Comment

I wouldn't have thought there would be a salmonella issue if you've made the eggs hot enough? Could be wrong though.

Whenever I'm short on time I microwave the eggs in a bowl with a bit of milk to make scrambled eggs. Not had a problem yet.

Comment

Always do my eggs this way adding small amount of milk and strong cheddar cheese for flavour - makes great scrambled eggs

Comment

I think my mom mentioned doing this. I always just cook mine in a skillet (usually, with steak, and cheese).

If you want to be extra cautious, you can use a food thermometer. The "center" of the mass of scrambled eggs should reach 170 degrees(F) to guarantee death of all salmonella.
              My intro thread: http://intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=49855

Comment

jason genova does this, and it turned out he never really knew how to cook any of his food and would just either microwaved chicken, beef, steak etc.
                Last edited by Calipso; 03-26-2015, 02:48 PM.

Comment

I worked at a bagel place when i was a kid and they had a special saucer they put egg beaters in and i microwaved it and nobody ever died i use to eat at a min 1 a shift

Comment

Working...
                  X