Frustrated about my diet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frustrated about my diet

My weight loss doesn't seem linear at all. 1st, I am carb cycling right now. I did it last year and liked it.
    Last week, I eat 15,880 calories and do 5 days of cardio and lose 2.2 pounds, this week I eat 16801 calories and do 6 days of cardio, and gain .5 pounds.
    How does this happen? I have only dieted 2 times in my life, 2 different ways and had no problems like this. According to the website I use I should be at 14,910 plus the calories I burn from cardio. I am only trying to lose 1 pound a week.

Still frustrated. Dropped 8 ounces. Changed my diet to a more normal diet. Dropped carb cycling. But I do have 2 cheat meals on Sat.. May have to drop 1 or both. Eat about 3600 to 3700 calories on Sat.(higher carbs 450 carbs, 200 Pro, 100 fats), 2100 calories or below the rest of the week(250 Pro, 125 carbs, 55 fat). I did cardio 4 times this week. 3 for 45 minutes, 1 for 30 minutes. Kept my HR at 130.
    I should be dropping at least 1 pound a week. I ate 15400 calories this week, To lose a pound I should have ate 15,900 with cardio. I may have to drop to 1800 calories.
    I train 4 times a week.

Comment

You are making this way too black and white and that is exactly why it isn't working.

First, who says you "should" be dropping weight at those numbers? I ask because they are clearly lying to you.

If you aren't dropping weight, cut calories or increase cardio and don't look at it as "I NEED or SHOULD be taking in X amounts of calories" and you will start losing body fat.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
      Instagram: @intensemuscle
      YouTube: TEAMSKIP
      TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
        You are making this way too black and white and that is exactly why it isn't working.

First, who says you "should" be dropping weight at those numbers? I ask because they are clearly lying to you.

If you aren't dropping weight, cut calories or increase cardio and don't look at it as "I NEED or SHOULD be taking in X amounts of calories" and you will start losing body fat.

Skip
        ^wisdom
        My intro thread: http://intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=49855

Comment

I did my first show 17 years ago. The internet didnt exist, prep coaches didnt exist. I did my own prep...I didn't have any formulas like the one you describe....

Other than a very basic template everything was fluid from week to week....I came in peeled and won my class. My point bring is exactly what Skip alluded to, stop making this an equation and start paying attention to the feedback your body is sending you
          '17 USAPL Chicago Raw
          17 AAU Super Total
          '16-AAU Hi
          '15-USPA Metro
          '15-USPA State
          '15-AAU HI
          '14-AAU HI
          '14-USPA Metro
          '14-WABDL Sonny's
          '14-USPA State
          '14-HI Strongman
          '13-USPA
          '13-WABDL Sonny's
          '13-USPA State
          '13-AAU HI
          '11-USPA Metro
          '10-NPC Stingrey
          '09-NPC Islands
          '09-NPC Stingrey
          '09-ABA Islands
          '02-ABA Islands
          '02-ABA IronWorks
          '01-NPC Paradise Cup
          '01-ABA Olympia
          '01-ABA Islands
          '00-NPC Nat.Tri-State
          '00-INBF Musclefest
          '98-NGA Ill
          '98-INBF Ohio

Comment

Thanks for the advice, I just feel like I am too early in my diet to drop calories and add cardio even more. Because, later in my diet, I wouldn't know where to go. I guess it is just a new learning experience. I am going to keep this new diet this week, and see how I do. Then cut down another 500 calories a day, if I don't lose a pound.

Comment

Originally posted by -AJA14- View Post
              Thanks for the advice, I just feel like I am too early in my diet to drop calories and add cardio even more. Because, later in my diet, I wouldn't know where to go. I guess it is just a new learning experience. I am going to keep this new diet this week, and see how I do. Then cut down another 500 calories a day, if I don't lose a pound.
              And you may be correct but ... you either are responding or you aren't so don't wait too long or it will be wasted time.

Skip

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Skip is right man. I added in calories and backed off thermos after almost a year of dieting and I dropped bf and went up 6 lbs in a month. It was shattering to drop body fat after adding in calories...but it worked, just like he said.
                Plus you are carb cycling, meaning your weight is going to fluctuate almost daily. Bottom line you have to change things if you're not meeting your current goals

Comment

Lost 1.8 pounds this week. A little more than I wanted. I prefer a 1 to 1.5 pound loss every week. But a hell of a lot better than the past 2 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by DensitY View Post
                    Skip is right man. I added in calories and backed off thermos after almost a year of dieting and I dropped bf and went up 6 lbs in a month. It was shattering to drop body fat after adding in calories...but it worked, just like he said.
                    Plus you are carb cycling, meaning your weight is going to fluctuate almost daily. Bottom line you have to change things if you're not meeting your current goals
                    I stoppped carb cycling 2 weeks ago. I just feel it is easier for me to control variables on more of a regular diet, this time around. Plus I think I was eating too much peanut butter as my fat source and not controlling calories. Also when I was carb cycling my calories were all over the place every day.

Comment

carb cycling affects how you hold water so yes, bloat vs non bloat.

Comment

Just to update, lost 3 pounds this past week. I think 1 of them was water weight. I weigh myself after a shake and went up a pound, then I weighed myself the next mornong and was still up that 1 pound.

Comment

Looks like this new diet is working lost 2 pounds this week or 3 depending on the number I use from last week.

Comment

Glad that things are going well now.

Skip

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
                              Glad that things are going well now.

Skip
                              Thanks. Just trying to get to a weight to where I can hire a coach to fine tune me to 10 - 12% in 12 weeks. I figure I will have to get down to 225 pounds.

Didn't lose anything this week. This has been rough dieting down this time. I got shoulder surgery 2 weeks before I started, so I could only do 1 arm of training. I still am not 100% from it. So, I am not exactly doing the training I was before the surgery. Now, 2 weeks ago I hurt my knee on the stepmill, so I have been only training 1 leg. But I was still able to do the ellipitcal. I think 1 more week of rest, my knee will be recovered.
                              All in all, I am still 7 pounds less, than where I thought I would be at this time. My face, upper back and legs has thinned out a lot but my waist is being very stubborn. Thinking about going to a thermal soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X