strange left chest pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• strange left chest pain

never had this before but when i breathe i can feel a semi-sharp pain between my left nipple and sternum. not really sure how to describe this kind of pain but its not exactly dull nor stinging.

background: 25, total cholesterol was 188 or something, hdl 62, ldl 112 (forgot exact numbers) so heart-wise i should* be fine?

last night though i did have a lot of physical cardiovascular exertion for hours and without much sufficient hydration. i found myself hyperventilating at times for air and it was hot (Crowded area). that has happened before, but without the subsequent pain i felt that started upon waking.

Did take a decent dose of adderal that night too (40 mg IR total)

should i be worried? one friend suggested it was heartburn (but i didn't eat yesterday) or lung pain from exertion

I have had similar pain to what you describe - turned out to be slightly pinched nerve in my neck.
    "Be gentle in what you do, firm in how you do it."
    Buck Brannaman.

"It is the certainty of punishment that deters crime, not the severity of it."
    'Hanging' Judge PARKER

"Nothing is so powerful as an insight into human nature... what compulsions drive a man, what instincts dominate his action... if you know these things about a man you can touch him at the core of his being."
    ~William Bernbach

Comment

pinched nerve in neck => lung pain when breathing??

(if i dont breathe in or out, i dont feel anything)

Comment

I am no Dr - The Phrenic nerve in the neck goes to the diaphragm after passing the heart and lungs mid chest. If impinged ie pinched nerve you can get severe pain when breathing. I had this 2 times from incorrect form from dead lifts. My neck did not hurt at all.

I did get slight left arm numbness and pinky finger numbness also on one of those occasions.

Also when I didn't breath it did not hurt. If I took small breaths it hurt less. Getting in and out of bed was terrible to the point I had to psych myself up.

Lasted about 4 days. I used voltaren 50 at the direction of my Dr.

There was also some specific exercise restriction that really helped. PM me for more if you think this stuff applies to you.
        "Be gentle in what you do, firm in how you do it."
        Buck Brannaman.

"It is the certainty of punishment that deters crime, not the severity of it."
        'Hanging' Judge PARKER

"Nothing is so powerful as an insight into human nature... what compulsions drive a man, what instincts dominate his action... if you know these things about a man you can touch him at the core of his being."
        ~William Bernbach

Comment

Its not your heart. Look up plueretic chest pain.

Comment

Working...
          X