how I feel about cruising

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how I feel about cruising

When you're taking it easy on the weights because it's a cruise week, and you see other people going balls-to-the-wall around you, do you ever feel like you've been allowed into an orgy, only to be told to stand chastely in the corner while everyone else gets it on right in front of you? Cruising sucks.
    "Be kind, friendly and lenient towards your fellow man, but unrelenting and pitiless with yourself." -- Franz Bardon

I like the analogy. lol

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
    Instagram: @intensemuscle
    YouTube: TEAMSKIP
    TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

People like you are why I train at home where no-one can see me and my body. Thanks heaps Orgy fantasy boy. Even your screen name screams mixing things up.
      "Be gentle in what you do, firm in how you do it."
      Buck Brannaman.

"It is the certainty of punishment that deters crime, not the severity of it."
      'Hanging' Judge PARKER

"Nothing is so powerful as an insight into human nature... what compulsions drive a man, what instincts dominate his action... if you know these things about a man you can touch him at the core of his being."
      ~William Bernbach

Comment

The key is to be so mf ing strong that when your "cruising" your wieght is still heavy as shit see
        Then your ego is fully intact and no one is the wiser lol

Ok ok sorry I had to throw a lame comment in there

Idk for me yea it does suck a lot
        I don't like training less than the setting of "crazy as fuck"
        But I think cruises are a great time to
        Pre exaust with "stretch and squeeze" type shit
        Use extremely deliberate rep tempos and make the wt FEEL HEAVIER
        cut rest interavals down shorter btw sets to really focus on the pump
        Use higher reps
        Cut all intensity enhancers
        Jus use straight sets

That way your still providing some good stimulus to the body and going to challenge your body which using the above FOR ME is much different than bitch slapping a log book or doing a lot of negatives and statics and partials and such
        If your training is RETARDILY intense like mountain dog, yates or dc
        Jus 2-3 exercises split over 3 days in the week and my cruise is more like "normal" training

Or if you subscribe to extremely high volume jus cut the volume back

For me it's still going to a hypothetical "failure point" but only CONCENTRIC failure with nothing to make myself go beyond that and nothing set up in an optimal fashion (such as using pre exaust and very deliberate rep tempos high reps and little rest btw sets) to train as heavy or Intensly as I NORMALLY DO
        So for me my cruises are INTENSE jus in a high rep burning type way with different exercises (none that put me in any pain, or open up injury easily and none that I been beating to death)

So I usually take the first part of the week off start about tuesday hit a workout thursday then friday or sat
        Jus standard push pull

It's not so bad that way
        I look forward to the "Deload" by using the above to try to get a crazy pump fast as shit with smart exercises and give my joints a break

But I still get that feeling your talking about when I see 5 big wheels rattling over some beat shaking wheels lol chior boy at an orgy
        Last edited by DC_catholic315; 03-05-2015, 08:59 PM.
        I see you didn't take a s#!t before deadlifting....
        I too like to live dangerously

Comment

Lol

You just gotta try and remember that cruising is beneficial for so many reasons. I try to use the time cruising being productive in other areas of my life. Whether that means giving your family more attention, completing projects around the house you'd normally be too tired to do or trying to earn more money at work.

True Nutrition Discount: SRC745
          *2006 USAPL Washington State Powerlifting Championships- 1st, 14-16 age-148lb class -2nd Men's Open 148lb class
          •2x WABDL Worlds Runner Up - Teens 16-17 165lb
          *Former WABDL Teen 16-17 165lb World Record Bench Holder (Washington state record) of 396.6lbs

Comment

Originally posted by SAHD View Post
            People like you are why I train at home where no-one can see me and my body. Thanks heaps Orgy fantasy boy. Even your screen name screams mixing things up.
            Oh God, that made me laugh so hard.

It sucks to admit this, but my muscles having been growing faster during the cruise than they were during the blast. It's like my body's saying, "OKAY, got the fucking message, dude--you want me to grow. Can I please have some chill-out time to really do it?" I think I've gotten stronger during the cruise, too, not just stayed the same. For weighted dips, I'm now cruising at 5 reps with 90 on the belt (I weigh 240). That's a nice, easy set. Before I began the cruise, that would have been quite a taxing set. I wonder if it might even be a good idea to extend the cruise to two weeks instead of one and cut back on the lifting even more during the second week--just hike, do yoga, etc. It's probably gonna depend on whether anyone at my job pisses me off to the point that I either have to lift hard or kill someone. :insane:
            "Be kind, friendly and lenient towards your fellow man, but unrelenting and pitiless with yourself." -- Franz Bardon

Comment

Originally posted by BlenderManDan View Post
              When you're taking it easy on the weights because it's a cruise week, and you see other people going balls-to-the-wall around you, do you ever feel like you've been allowed into an orgy, only to be told to stand chastely in the corner while everyone else gets it on right in front of you? Cruising sucks.
              It never works for me. I always end up ramming my cock down some poor lady's throat. :/
              My intro thread: http://intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=49855

Comment

Cruising and blasting is like knowing the difference between a slut and a whore. A slut will sleep with every one at the party. A whore will sleep with everyone at the party except you. Cruising is the whore.

Comment

Originally posted by squirilla View Post
                  Cruising and blasting is like knowing the difference between a slut and a whore. A slut will sleep with every one at the party. A whore will sleep with everyone at the party except you. Cruising is the whore.
                  This... this here... this... damn. That's a thought we all need to sit back and meditate on for a bit.

Comment

LOL, Squirilla!

Well, the cruise is over, and I'm pleased to say I am now fucking bludgeoning the log book. That was exactly what the doctor ordered. Thank God there won't be another cruise for the next several months.

Comment

Also, this is the best song you could ever have on your MP3 player when doing your first blast set after finishing a cruise.

[youtube]sU_JBjLfXBo[/youtube]
                      Last edited by Sammich; 03-12-2015, 11:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MyTMouse View Post
                        I always end up ramming my cock down some poor lady's throat. :/
                        LMAO! Somehow this quote ended up in my signature. Can mods do this, or did something odd just occur?

Comment

Working...
                        X