Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coconut oil ? I just start to use it ...what do you thin if any good or not . how you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coconut oil ? I just start to use it ...what do you thin if any good or not . how you

Thanks

I mean how you people use it ..

Comment

I use it to cook my potatoes in (with grassfed beef) and I use it to cook my eggs in.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
      Instagram: @intensemuscle
      YouTube: TEAMSKIP
      TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Thanks skip ...but what about the benefit of it I mean the fact that is made of a medium chain of saturated fat ?

Comment

Was drinking it in bullet proof coffee. Jacked up my LDL. Done.
          Family Guy but also; Old School SoCal, punk rock loving, powerlifting, hardcore gym rat. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtLQ73EutoY

Comment

I tried the oil pulling by swishing but couldn't stand it... Just use it in lieu of lotion occasionally now. I don't really use it to cook, I prefer olive or avocado oil... Just personal preference
            "This is your life. It is the only one you get. So no excuses, and no do-overs. If you make a mistake or fail at something you learn from it, you get over it and you move on. Your job is to be the very best person you can be and to never settle for anything less."
            ~ Ann Richards, former TX governor

Comment

Originally posted by Swaminator View Post
              Was drinking it in bullet proof coffee. Jacked up my LDL. Done.
              Are you sure it was the coconut oil?

Skip

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Originally posted by london View Post
                Thanks skip ...but what about the benefit of it I mean the fact that is made of a medium chain of saturated fat ?
                Here is the deal if I am being completely honest:

I am not at all sold on this new trend to all of a sudden throw down large amounts of saturated fat. I get it, this saturated fat is "special" but I feel the verdict is still out as far as I am concerned.

I have been using coconut oil and grass-fed beef and will continue to and I will see if there is any change in my blood lipids. That will tell me a lot more. I already have a very good cholesterol level so it hasn't impacted it yet but I will keep watching.

I think what happens is that as soon as something in the nutrition field (or supplement field) starts to look promising everyone and their Mother jumps on the wagon and regurgitates what only a few people have said about something being healthy. You have some people saying things like, "not all saturated fat is created equal". Really? Well, a lot of people say that saturated fat in eggs, butter and grass fed beef is fine because it doesn't have anything to do with heart disease so ... why say they "aren't all created equal?"

My position is that I am not at all convinced (yet) that saturated fat is great. I think it is very possible that the truth is somewhere in the middle where some saturated fats are bad or how they are cooked can make them bad or something like that. I have a hard time believing and accepting that saturated fat is nothing but great and healthy.

Skip

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
                  Here is the deal if I am being completely honest:

I am not at all sold on this new trend to all of a sudden throw down large amounts of saturated fat. I get it, this saturated fat is "special" but I feel the verdict is still out as far as I am concerned.

I have been using coconut oil and grass-fed beef and will continue to and I will see if there is any change in my blood lipids. That will tell me a lot more. I already have a very good cholesterol level so it hasn't impacted it yet but I will keep watching.

I think what happens is that as soon as something in the nutrition field (or supplement field) starts to look promising everyone and their Mother jumps on the wagon and regurgitates what only a few people have said about something being healthy. You have some people saying things like, "not all saturated fat is created equal". Really? Well, a lot of people say that saturated fat in eggs, butter and grass fed beef is fine because it doesn't have anything to do with heart disease so ... why say they "aren't all created equal?"

My position is that I am not at all convinced (yet) that saturated fat is great. I think it is very possible that the truth is somewhere in the middle where some saturated fats are bad or how they are cooked can make them bad or something like that. I have a hard time believing and accepting that saturated fat is nothing but great and healthy.

Skip

Very true. I don't believe its like people were saying years ago "blargh don't eat saturated fat it'll kill you" but then I don't agree with the dinosaurs saying "blargh carbs are the devil eat more meat, drink butter, and bathe in coconut oil" I guess the takeaway is everything in moderation. Too much of a good thing can be bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
                    Are you sure it was the coconut oil?

Skip
                    No. But the only change I made to my diet was adding a tablespoon per day and my LDL shot up 20 points.
                    Family Guy but also; Old School SoCal, punk rock loving, powerlifting, hardcore gym rat. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtLQ73EutoY

Comment

So there was no science behind it. I just ate like I typically did but added 1 tbsp. of coco oil per day in my coffee. 2 months later I re-took lipids and HDL was down a couple points and LDL was plus 20. No proof it was the coconut... but it's not like I loved the stuff anyway. I figure that if I am going to add MORE saturated fat, might as well make it bacon or something that tastes good lol.

Comment

mmmmmm! Bacon!
                        Unless a man undertakes more than he can possibly do, he will never do all he can.

Unfathomable progress is the result of consistent, daily steps toward a single goal

Comment

Coconut oil is made of a medium chain saturated fats that's why is no the bad .....different for saturated fats from beef , eggs are made of for must part of good cholesterol but anyway I take 3 to 5 g of omega 3 in the morning from day one and my cholesterol as always be fine ...

Comment

Originally posted by Swaminator View Post
                            So there was no science behind it. I just ate like I typically did but added 1 tbsp. of coco oil per day in my coffee. 2 months later I re-took lipids and HDL was down a couple points and LDL was plus 20. No proof it was the coconut... but it's not like I loved the stuff anyway. I figure that if I am going to add MORE saturated fat, might as well make it bacon or something that tastes good lol.
                            LOL

No shit. Not even a fair trade - coconut oil instead of bacon? Shit, please.

When you stopped the coconut oil, did you redo blood work? I would be curious as to whether it went back down.

Skip

Comment

Originally posted by london View Post
                              Coconut oil is made of a medium chain saturated fats that's why is no the bad .....different for saturated fats from beef , eggs are made of for must part of good cholesterol but anyway I take 3 to 5 g of omega 3 in the morning from day one and my cholesterol as always be fine ...
                              I understand the difference; what I am saying is that a lot of people say that the saturated fat in butter and beef and eggs has no impact on heart disease, too, and I am not convinced of those assertions. It may not be the connection we once thought but ... I am not convinced there is NO connection, at all - at least not at this point.

Skip

Comment

Working...
                              X