bulking with a sensitive stomach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bulking with a sensitive stomach

anyone else out there have experience bulking when you have a sensitive stomach/problem holding your food down?

i normally have two bulking shakes (whey, milk, and peanut butter) a day but this morning about twenty minutes after i drank it i just threw it right back up. i'm thinking about switching to a protein bar in the morning cause i have no problem drinking the shake at night. anyone have any suggestions as to what i should do?

Throwing up your food? Holy shit. No, I have not ever had that problem.

Just so that I understand: You are eating so much that you are throwing it up??

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
    Instagram: @intensemuscle
    YouTube: TEAMSKIP
    TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

yeah its not even that ridiculous of an amount, i'm only taking in around 3700-4000 calories a day but i have trouble keeping it down. i sip water after i eat then lay down for 20 minutes just to make sure my food stays down but sometimes that doesnt even work.

Comment

I have a permeable intestinal lining and some other f'd up stuff with my stomach... docs are still looking for a diagnosis as to why I am having my issues. I'm going to Hopkins this Friday to see a better doctor.

You need to find your trigger foods. First I would see a GI doctor as it could very well be a bile secretion issue or you have bacterial overgrowth.

If certain foods cause you issues, following an elimination diet will allow you to determine the cause.

You could also add in probiotics and digestive enzymes
        Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
        2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
        2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

That ^ is good advice. I have worked with a LOT of people for a very long time and I can say with certainty that if you are struggling to keep food down and it isn't from gorging yourself, something isn't right.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
          Instagram: @intensemuscle
          YouTube: TEAMSKIP
          TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
            That ^ is good advice. I have worked with a LOT of people for a very long time and I can say with certainty that if you are struggling to keep food down and it isn't from gorging yourself, something isn't right.

Skip

IMO, when digestion is wrong, to me, it signals something, something beyond just the food, is not right. Many hormones affect the processes of the GI tract and is something is wrong, it tends to show in digestion or lack thereof.

Gi issues can arise if you are under excess stress for prolonged periods, if you are overtained, if you have adrenal fatigue, if you have liver issues, if you have serotonin and dopamine issues, if you have metabolic issues, if you have bacteria overgrowth, if you have immune system problems... there are many issues that have the potential to manifest in the form of GI problems. I am not saying that they always will cause problems but there are may reasons for GI issues and you need to dig below the surface
            Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Originally posted by mentalflex View Post
              I have a permeable intestinal lining and some other f'd up stuff with my stomach... docs are still looking for a diagnosis as to why I am having my issues. I'm going to Hopkins this Friday to see a better doctor.

You need to find your trigger foods. First I would see a GI doctor as it could very well be a bile secretion issue or you have bacterial overgrowth.

If certain foods cause you issues, following an elimination diet will allow you to determine the cause.

You could also add in probiotics and digestive enzymes
              i don't think its any specific food because i've thrown up milk shakes, spaghetti, and chicken all the same. i think i'd like to give the probiotics and digestive enzymes a try before the gi doctor as i'd need a referal and paper work and yada yada.... any brand or product recommendations for the probiotics and disgestive enzymes?

Comment

IMO, when digestion is wrong, to me, it signals something, something beyond just the food, is not right. Many hormones affect the processes of the GI tract and is something is wrong, it tends to show in digestion or lack thereof.

Gi issues can arise if you are under excess stress for prolonged periods, if you are overtained, if you have adrenal fatigue, if you have liver issues, if you have serotonin and dopamine issues, if you have metabolic issues, if you have bacteria overgrowth, if you have immune system problems... there are many issues that have the potential to manifest in the form of GI problems. I am not saying that they always will cause problems but there are may reasons for GI issues and you need to dig below the surface
                well i have lowered kidney and liver function because i had a nasty bacterial infection last march. i had a 102 degree fever for 5+ days, my skin turned purple, and my organs started shutting down. when it was all over my entire skin peeled off like a snake. if the probiotics and digestive enzymes don't help my issue i'll definitely seek medical help for this.

Comment

Originally posted by trulysmoked View Post
                  i don't think its any specific food because i've thrown up milk shakes, spaghetti, and chicken all the same. i think i'd like to give the probiotics and digestive enzymes a try before the gi doctor as i'd need a referal and paper work and yada yada.... any brand or product recommendations for the probiotics and disgestive enzymes?

I use high end probiotics, VSL #3, but renew life critical colon is very good.

Life Extension enhanced enzymes and now super enzymes are good IMO

2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

well i have lowered kidney and liver function because i had a nasty bacterial infection last march. i had a 102 degree fever for 5+ days, my skin turned purple, and my organs started shutting down. when it was all over my entire skin peeled off like a snake. if the probiotics and digestive enzymes don't help my issue i'll definitely seek medical help for this.

Impaired liver function can cause a host of GI issues

2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

I use high end probiotics, VSL #3, but renew life critical colon is very good.

Life Extension enhanced enzymes and now super enzymes are good IMO
                      I'll go with the lower end of the price range there and purchase the "renew life critical colon" and "now super enzymes". I'll post in this thread after a week of taking it and let you know how it goes.

Comment

I'll go with the lower end of the price range there and purchase the "renew life critical colon" and "now super enzymes". I'll post in this thread after a week of taking it and let you know how it goes.

It generally takes a few weeks for recolonization of bacteria... The digestive enzymes should help fast though... That is if that is part of the issue

2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

It generally takes a few weeks for recolonization of bacteria... The digestive enzymes should help fast though... That is if that is part of the issue

Looks like due to budget restrictions I'll have to stick to the enzymes for now. The critical colon is a bit out of my price range. Could I drink a cup of kefir or eat some yogurt for probiotics?

Comment

Looks like due to budget restrictions I'll have to stick to the enzymes for now. The critical colon is a bit out of my price range. Could I drink a cup of kefir or eat some yogurt for probiotics?

Some probiotics are formulated specifically for various issues... Kefir would certainly not be a bad idea. I drink a lot of that, close to a liter per day.

I have not used them but others have said Jarrow probiotics are decent. Try the 25million cfu product

2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Some probiotics are formulated specifically for various issues... Kefir would certainly not be a bad idea. I drink a lot of that, close to a liter per day.

I have not used them but others have said Jarrow probiotics are decent. Try the 25million cfu product

alright that price looks better! Haha. I'm going to head out to vitamin Shoppe first thing in the morning and get all this stuff. While giving this a run, are there any changes I should make to my diet? I can post up an average day of eating if you want.

Btw, thanks for all the help mentalflex, you're the man.

Comment

Working...
                              X