Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serious shit ... Pun intended

I am pissed.

Something isn't right and I either have IBS all of a sudden or I have an issue with either stevia, coconut oil or something else that is absolutely destroying my guts the last couple of months.

Yes, this is going to be "shitty" and TMI, but others will appreciate my bringing this up because I am not the only one, I am sure.

I can barely get through with a meal before the porridge-making machine kicks into overdrive. For clarity, I am saying that if I were in my truck when I am eating, a truck seat is going to get shit on. NO joke. And keep your old guy comments to yourselves.

I can't put my finger on it - the problem - not the shit. *sigh*

Watery, porridgy, where you pull yourself down on the fucking toilet with your hands to seal your fat ass against the seat so that shit doesn't end up on your fucking neck. My wife says that it looks like a shit-bomb went off in the toilet. Do I digress? Yes, I fucking digress.

How do you know if you have IBS or are just eating something fucked up? Clearly, I can eliminate variables one at a time and find out. I haven't gotten to that stage yet so I want to hear from people that deal with IBS and find out if what they deal with is what I deal with.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
    Instagram: @intensemuscle
    YouTube: TEAMSKIP
    TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

This is why I don't do egg whites/eggs anymore :-(
    I see you didn't take a s#!t before deadlifting....
    I too like to live dangerously

Comment

Ken,

Any possibility you've got some kind of GI infection?... (Eat sushi lately, or something out of the ordinary, past expiration date, etc?...)

-S
      The Book Has Arrived!
      The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
      2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
      2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

Originally posted by homonunculus View Post
        Ken,

Any possibility you've got some kind of GI infection?... (Eat sushi lately, or something out of the ordinary, past expiration date, etc?...)

-S
        Haven't had sushi in months (unfortunately).

I can't rule out something else causing it but what is odd, that I didn't note in the original post, is on Skipload days it is fine/normal. That is the only day of the week, though.

Skip

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

According the the VA with the amount if times I had the shits, or was vomiting an insane amount I have IBS. That being said, I do not take meds for it, nor do I want to. I have noticed certain foods cause these symptoms in me as well. From what I have read, and experienced for my self, I am putting my bet in the stevia being the culprit. I also wonder if the current state of 'additives' may also play a part in there?

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-c...s/con-20024578

J
          "No man ever won a war by dieing for his county. He did it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his."

George Patton

Get your Protein where the real men get theirs, TrueProtein.com

5% off with Dicount code JNR490, and 10% off orders over 10 lbs!!!

Comment

My wife has IBS, and she either gets two versions: Short sharp stabby pains or long dull bloated aches. But no shit bombs fortunately.

At any rate, I enjoy reading about a middle aged man and his bowel movements. Carry on Skip!

Comment

If I go over 200milligrams of Caffeine in a day then your post is me. Under that and I am normal and pleasant. Something to look at maybe.
              "Be gentle in what you do, firm in how you do it."
              Buck Brannaman.

"It is the certainty of punishment that deters crime, not the severity of it."
              'Hanging' Judge PARKER

"Nothing is so powerful as an insight into human nature... what compulsions drive a man, what instincts dominate his action... if you know these things about a man you can touch him at the core of his being."
              ~William Bernbach

Comment

stomach HCl? just an idea.

iron poisoning one time made me shit everywhere uncontrollably. iron can collect in the water you use

Comment

Any time I have serious bowel issues I do heavy duty probiotics and digestive enzymes. But that's my fix for everything so idk. Works like a charm though.

People with Crohns or IBS/IBD or ulcerative colitis use probiotics all the time to relieve symptoms. 100 CFU is the minimum in those cases I believe. I know one lady who used 500 CFUs daily for ulcerative colitis.

Worth a try.

True Nutrition Discount: SRC745
                  *2006 USAPL Washington State Powerlifting Championships- 1st, 14-16 age-148lb class -2nd Men's Open 148lb class
                  •2x WABDL Worlds Runner Up - Teens 16-17 165lb
                  *Former WABDL Teen 16-17 165lb World Record Bench Holder (Washington state record) of 396.6lbs

Comment

Originally posted by greensoup View Post
                    stomach HCl? just an idea.

iron poisoning one time made me shit everywhere uncontrollably. iron can collect in the water you use
                    I don't have heart burn unless I eat tomato-based foods and that is usually only on Skipload days like spaghetti sauce or pizza sauce, etc..

Skip

Comment

Originally posted by Collabera View Post
                      Any time I have serious bowel issues I do heavy duty probiotics and digestive enzymes. But that's my fix for everything so idk. Works like a charm though.

People with Crohns or IBS/IBD or ulcerative colitis use probiotics all the time to relieve symptoms. 100 CFU is the minimum in those cases I believe. I know one lady who used 500 CFUs daily for ulcerative colitis.

Worth a try.
                      I have at least 1 cup (sometimes 2) of Fage greek yogurt daily. I would guess that my gut flora is pretty good.

Skip

Comment

Originally posted by SAHD View Post
                        If I go over 200milligrams of Caffeine in a day then your post is me. Under that and I am normal and pleasant. Something to look at maybe.
                        I do drink coffee every morning, religiously. I use a press so there is sediment in the bottom of my cup. I usually drink 2 large cups (coffee mug at home) so I am sure I am getting plenty of caffeine. However, I still have my coffee on Skipload days but don't have the shit problem on loading days.

What I don't have on load days:

1. stevia
                        2. protein powder
                        3. coconut oil
                        4. your mom

Skip

Comment

Maybe the stevia?
                          I see you didn't take a s#!t before deadlifting....
                          I too like to live dangerously

Comment

This happens to my wife whenever she first goes into ketosis. But it only lasts for a few days, thankfully.

Comment

I was thinking back when you guys were in San Diego and you had the emergency landing going on, didn't we just kill off a 1 lb box of See's candy? Maybe something in the candy, sugar, chocolate, sweetener? Oh, I swear Kiki and I didn't laugh as I brought this up...lol
                              Heckman aka "WISE" OLD MAN

Comment

Working...
                              X