Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quite possibly the worst question to date....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quite possibly the worst question to date....

...And I apologize in advance for my ignorance but I am over analyzing shit lately.

When working out how do you choose to organize your sets?

For example do you rotate back and forth during sets (ie one set on biceps, followed by a set for the back, then back for the next set on biceps, etc) or do you do all your sets for that exercise then switch body parts? Or yet, do you hammer on one body part at a time?

I am asking what may seem like such an elementary question because I have seen people do their routing a variety of ways, but never have had a clear cut answer as to what is the better way of doing a rotation and what makes it better than another.

J
    "No man ever won a war by dieing for his county. He did it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his."

George Patton

Get your Protein where the real men get theirs, TrueProtein.com

5% off with Dicount code JNR490, and 10% off orders over 10 lbs!!!

Personally I do mine in sets for each muscle group....for example, I hit chest for 3 or 4 exercises, then shoulders for the about the same...etc...but I'm old and that's how I do shit!
    Heckman aka "WISE" OLD MAN

Comment

I would say the very large majority of people that train for bodybuilding will be grouping their work by muscle group. I might train something like hams and quads together but that would be the only real variance that I would use. You could also train different parts of the delt, I suppose, too. Example: doing one set for side delts, one set for front, etc..

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
      Instagram: @intensemuscle
      YouTube: TEAMSKIP
      TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Good to know. I was originally shown a 'swap set' methodology.

Ex. Preacher curls, then seated pull downs, cable curls, then rows, and so on. Kinda nice to see that the methods I have been using are not the status quo. That being said, how do you continuously keep within the same weight levels and not blow out your strength in the first two or three exercises? Again I am sorry that,my questions are so elementary, but as of late I over analyze everything, and am trying to adjust my knowledge base to get the most from my efforts.

I appreciate the guidance.

J
        "No man ever won a war by dieing for his county. He did it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his."

George Patton

Comment

Anyone else have any insite?

J

George Patton

Comment

Depends on body part. If training arms I do one exercise (3-5 sets) for triceps then one for biceps etc.

If doing something like chest/delts I do my entire chest workout and then delts. If really depends what body parts you are training, if fatiguing one will hamper training the other, etc etc.

End of the day not gonna make a huge difference.
            - Senior Editor of projectbodybuilding.com
            - Co-host of PED Radio, Inside Bodybuilding and Nonstop Bodybuilding

Comment

Working...
            X