What TN protein powder? Sensitive stomach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What TN protein powder? Sensitive stomach

Hi all: I have a very sensitive stomach and need to find one that works. Strange because I was tested for milk allergy and don't have one. I eat yogurt and cottage cheese no problem.

I have used the following TN blends and they don't agree with my stomach:
    Teamskip w/stevia flavoring
    Cold filtration w/stevia

Bcaa plus w/stevia : caused bloating

Years ago: I would drink cold filtration and bcaas with premium flavoring with zero issues.

Suggestions?
    Thanks!
    [http://www.truenutrition.com

-discount code: ADA774-

Buy the highest quality protein and other supplements at the lowest prices.
    Save 5% on all orders.

Try any of the hydros yet?
    SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

Hi LG. No I haven't .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Save 5% on all orders.

Comment

Perhaps worth trying a pound of material. I have used the debitterized one.
        SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

Thanks !

I am not sure about sweeteners perhaps it it what is causing my stomach issues .

Anyone have experience with the vegan optimizer?
          mister69
          Light-heavyweight Member
          Last edited by mister69; 01-31-2015, 07:35 PM.

Save 5% on all orders.

Comment

Originally posted by mister69 View Post
            Hi all: I have a very sensitive stomach and need to find one that works. Strange because I was tested for milk allergy and don't have one. I eat yogurt and cottage cheese no problem.

I have used the following TN blends and they don't agree with my stomach:
            Teamskip w/stevia flavoring
            Cold filtration w/stevia

Bcaa plus w/stevia : caused bloating

Years ago: I would drink cold filtration and bcaas with premium flavoring with zero issues. (No stevia?)

Suggestions?
            Thanks!
            Please see above.

-S
            The Book Has Arrived!
            The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
            2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
            2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

Hi homon. Your right years ago it what the true protein premium flavoring. I switched to stevia because I was worried about artificial sweeteners .

Save 5% on all orders.

Comment

Well that could be the factor.

Stevia sweeteners contain stevioside which may cause an upset stomach, nausea or bloating after being consumed.

2017 NPC National Championships Classic Physique, Class D - 4th Place
                2017 NPC New England Championships Classic Physique, Class C - 1st Place
                2017 NPC East Coast Cup Classic Physique, Tall Class - 1st Place & Overall
                2015 Arnold Amateur Men's Classic Bodybuilding, Tall Class - 4th Place
                2013 NPC Europa Battle of Champions - 1st Place Novice Heavyweight, 2nd Place Open Light-Heavyweight

Comment

Thanks moco: I really feel like i am doing myself a disservice by not drinking intra workout and a shake before bed etc. I find myself missing more meals especially with work travel

Save 5% on all orders.

Comment

I use an all egg white protein. No whey. Take my BCAA's separate. Protein does no good if you can't digest it.

Comment

My plan is to buy 1lb of assorted items for bcaa and protein from TN and see how my stomach reacts. Just waiting to see all the great suggestions .
                      mister69
                      Light-heavyweight Member
                      Last edited by mister69; 02-01-2015, 02:00 AM.

Save 5% on all orders.

Comment

Homon beat me to it. Stevia gives ME the shits, bad, even at lower levels. It makes my guts liquid and gurgling, etc.. I hate the stuff.

Side note: It is my prediction that they will find stevia to be no better than the other sweeteners in its affect on blood sugar/insulin levels. It might be natural compared to aspartame and splenda but it will still work the same way in the body as the artificial sweeteners.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
                        Instagram: @intensemuscle
                        YouTube: TEAMSKIP
                        TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Thanks skip!

Maybe I should try the premium flavoring which i used to use since it never gave me issues .

I have 10lbs of unflavored teamskip chocolate (just cocoa powder) I will drink that for a few weeks and make sure it doesn't bother me as well.

Next up is to also pick a good bcaa with the right flavoring

Save 5% on all orders.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
                            Homon beat me to it. Stevia gives ME the shits, bad, even at lower levels. It makes my guts liquid and gurgling, etc.. I hate the stuff.

Side note: It is my prediction that they will find stevia to be no better than the other sweeteners in its affect on blood sugar/insulin levels. It might be natural compared to aspartame and splenda but it will still work the same way in the body as the artificial sweeteners.

Skip
                            Are we talking liquid stevia or the powdered kind? Usually the packets contain inulin as a bulking agent. As we all know, that is a source of fiber so that could very well be the cause of your super shits. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by jakew44 View Post
                              Are we talking liquid stevia or the powdered kind? Usually the packets contain inulin as a bulking agent. As we all know, that is a source of fiber so that could very well be the cause of your super shits. :-)
                              I doubt that this is why because the amount is so small but you never know.

At the risk of being too graphic, 2 things give me IBS type of shits:

1. stevia
                              2. too much coconut oil

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
                              Instagram: @intensemuscle
                              YouTube: TEAMSKIP
                              TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Working...
                              X