Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My first post a real firestorm. Hope you can handle this.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first post a real firestorm. Hope you can handle this.

Last edited by rodneyo; 02-03-2015, 01:04 AM. Reason: see notes below in replies

First, I want to welcome you to IM. If you have notes from Jr High School in 71 I can respect that.

I like that you are old school in that you are big on dairy and beef but I don't understand your statement about promoting beef yet saying no to hamburger. Can you elaborate?

You can't post links until you have more posts under your belt. We would hate to have people come here specifically to promote themselves or their businesses. That doesn't fly here.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
    Instagram: @intensemuscle
    YouTube: TEAMSKIP
    TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

I too am curious about this anti-hamburger suggestion (sounds like a Chic-Fila Commercial, lol).

Assuming:

Steak (standard flank) is roughly: 190 cals (10 F / 0 C / 24 P) per 4oz serving

and

90/10 Ground beef is roughly: 190 cals (11 F / 0 C / 23 P) per 4oz serving

Did you mean to suggest that perhaps a dinner of the lower fat variety is better to control overnight hormone production/balances? Making it less about the location of the cut or the processing and more about the nutritional breakdown of the product itself?

Comment

Actually, the muscle is not burning from lactic acid, but rather hydrogen ions that creates the burning sensation you are describing

Originally posted by rodneyo View Post
        OK guys I'm new here...I just joined and thought I'd make my first post a real firestorm.

I am sure this is going to go against the grain, but I have to say in my 59 years I have done it all.

As you know information that is "truth" is worth lots of money. People if they know something keep it hidden, and most people don't know this stuff, and IF they do they don't give it away.

Supplements and info in bodybuilding have made lots of people rich.

I have been out of the gym because of an bad injury (almost died) 6 years ago, so I had gained a ton of weight.

I was really out of shape, and wanted to gain some size, get some tone, and lose lots of fat.

So I did the opposite of everything you read or hear from people in the mags and the gym. In fact I went to my notes from Jr High School, from 1971.

So here is a little history, and my brief description, and links to a photo and links to videos if you are interested. (oops can't post links)...

Hope this helps you on your quest to better health.

I started lifting in the 8th grade, my coach was a retired Pro ball player, and he played for the raiders.

He taught me how to eat and lift...

First off, food is very anabolic, and it will stimulate growth hormone and testosterone.

You also have to make sure you don't lift so much that you overly stimulate the nervous system. And no biking, running...

Remember this: Everything sends a signal to your system.

EX: Long distance runners look thin, sprinters who also run, have nice muscular thighs, why?

Because of the signal sent.

The long distance runner sends a signal to lose, muscle weight, because to body is intelligent and doesn't want to carry all that weight for long distances.

So the body says shed that muscle, and lower the production of testosterone.

This is how I lost 35 pounds in 6 weeks. I wanted to lose fat gain muscle…

My Workout: 15 minutes each day with weights 3x10-20 all muscle groups. Go for burn no failure. Different exercises each day.

My Diet: Breakfast 3 eggs and 3 sausage, and 3 protein drinks at 12, 3, and 11pm. Dinner steak.

Saturday and Sunday are off days no exercise and eat whatever you want.

That's it, so easy and no hunger. The workout is M-F and is every body part at each session, but change up the exercise movements (EX: Monday do chins Tuesday do bent row).

Protein must be 55% of your total calories and carbs kept at about 60g or below. That is the secret.

Works for men and women, without giving women big muscles, just great tone. Guys gain muscle and lose fat.

Take a multi-vitamin, 20-40mg Boron.

Get the lactic acid burn in the muscles, get yourself breathing and sweating, just like in my video.

The exercise routine is done in 15 minutes. Follow the diet and watch the weight fall off 5-10 pound per week.

If you get hungry later in the day after dinner, you can have cheese or cottage cheese. Also my diet is a guideline.

You can have chicken or turkey if you don't like beef, just no hamburger. Beef is best though, as it builds your blood.

I use whey protein blends, you can get them on net or at local store. I use 50grams protein per serving. 3 times per day.

Lactic acid burn in the muscle is real important and stimulates a lot of hormone output.

Do not go to muscle failure, use a lighter weight and go for a good burn.

Remember your coming back to the gym tomorrow, so avoid going until you can't do another rep.

Do same muscle groups, but different moves each day. EX: squat Monday, dead lift Tuesday.

Comment

Kind of cool old school program. One question though - how are you able to get through a full body routine with 3 sets for each bodypart in 15 minutes?

Comment

He noted the sets arent to failure so warmups are likely minimal and the pace is fast with little rest between sets. Plus, I would assume these are all compound/basic movements.

Skip

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

It's an interesting way of doing things. While I lack the knowledge to say if this is a good or bad setup, I do find the concept intreguing.

J
              "No man ever won a war by dieing for his county. He did it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his."

George Patton

Get your Protein where the real men get theirs, TrueProtein.com

5% off with Dicount code JNR490, and 10% off orders over 10 lbs!!!

Comment

I would like to see him back but the post looks more like an attempt to link to a business page. I could be wrong but I am usually not wrong about these things.

Skip

Comment

Also thought he was trolling ....
                  SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
                    I would like to see him back but the post looks more like an attempt to link to a business page. I could be wrong but I am usually not wrong about these things.

Skip
                    lol..first clue was "just like in my video" but couldn't post it...I hope he comes back too, we need a few more old farts here
                    Heckman aka "WISE" OLD MAN

Comment

I had a kid call me Sir at the gym and I didnt like it. How dare he be respectful like that.

Skip

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
                        I had a kid call me Sir at the gym and I didnt like it. How dare he be respectful like that.

Skip
                        Enjoy it....over here day in and day out I get called Monsieur by young and old..

Comment

Originally posted by Heckman View Post
                          Enjoy it....over here day in and day out I get called Monsieur by young and old..
                          I would just respond with, "Yes, I'm big but I'd not myself a Monster. Nonetheless... Thank you."

-S
                          The Book Has Arrived!
                          The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
                          2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
                          2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

Originally posted by homonunculus View Post
                            I would just respond with, "Yes, I'm big but I'd not myself a Monster. Nonetheless... Thank you."

-S
                            Scott.....It's Monsieur....not monster...lol

Comment

Last edited by rodneyo; 02-03-2015, 01:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X