Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fortitude training

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Fortitude training

    Not sure if this is the right spot to ask, so if not forgive me.

    But I'm thinking of buying the fortitude book and trying something new out. All the reviews and things I've read have been great.
    Question is I had read that it can be tailored to a 3 day split.
    Looking for info from anyone who has tried the 3 day.
    Or even those that have the book, your thoughts on how you think it would work.
    I've tried a lot of things, and I still can't get my damn weak parts (arms, legs) to grow.
    This may be worth a shot.
    For me, odd work schedule and wife and kids, a 3 day split is optimal for me.

    Thanks for any input !

  • #2
    The E-book has a 3-day family man plan. Well worth the money.

    Comment


    • #3
      I have the ebook, and did the 4 day split for a couple blasts. Though I have no experience with the 3 day split, IMO, Scott created a brilliant program that is getting great results for many people, so I would think that the 3 day split would also be effective.
      2014 Greater Gulf States 2nd WPD Class B
      2010 Jr. USA 2nd LHW
      2009 Houston Pro/Am 1st LHW & Overall (Am)
      2008 Jr. Nationals 5th LHW
      2007 Greater Gulf States 1st LHW
      2007 LA Championships 1st LHW & Overall

      Comment


      • #4
        It's from Scott Stevenson, it will work....
        Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

        Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

        2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
        2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
        2015 Beat Cancer!

        Comment


        • #5
          Right on.
          Thank you to all who replied.
          I'll be buying it this week.

          Comment


          • #6
            Curious if anyone out there has tried the 3 day split and your thoughts.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by fireguy10720 View Post
              Curious if anyone out there has tried the 3 day split and your thoughts.
              There are a few guys who are doing that to my knowledge (The Family Man Plan).

              The person for whom I wrote that up did quite well. "National level" guy (lives outside the U.S.) who was in his mid- / Late 40's. (He set some PRs on some lifts during that time - stronger than ever in his entire life... I was even a bit incredulous...)

              -S
              The Book Has Arrived!
              The Book Has Arrived!

              Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"


              www.TrueNutrition.com

              2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
              2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
              2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

              Comment


              • #8
                Bought this a few months ago and skimmed through it. Really looking forward to giving it a shot in the offseason.


                2017 NPC National Championships Classic Physique, Class D - 4th Place
                2017 NPC New England Championships Classic Physique, Class C - 1st Place
                2017 NPC East Coast Cup Classic Physique, Tall Class - 1st Place & Overall
                2015 Arnold Amateur Men's Classic Bodybuilding, Tall Class - 4th Place
                2013 NPC Europa Battle of Champions - 1st Place Novice Heavyweight, 2nd Place Open Light-Heavyweight


                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by homonunculus View Post
                  There are a few guys who are doing that to my knowledge (The Family Man Plan).

                  The person for whom I wrote that up did quite well. "National level" guy (lives outside the U.S.) who was in his mid- / Late 40's. (He set some PRs on some lifts during that time - stronger than ever in his entire life... I was even a bit incredulous...)

                  -S
                  Bought it last night.
                  Skimmed through it.
                  Holy cow there is a ton of info. My plan is to start this in the next 4 weeks after a cruise. Thank you for what looks like a great product can't wait to dive into it.
                  one quick question. Are the templates in the back printable.? Thanks

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I've done 2 solid blasts now(each blast is ~6 weeks) and have put about 10 quality pounds on thus far. I'm very sold on the book & the system. Very thorough
                    2013 NPC Heartland Classic OKC - 1st Men's Lightheavyweight Novice/Overall

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by fireguy10720 View Post
                      Bought it last night.
                      Skimmed through it.
                      Holy cow there is a ton of info. My plan is to start this in the next 4 weeks after a cruise. Thank you for what looks like a great product can't wait to dive into it.
                      one quick question. Are the templates in the back printable.? Thanks
                      Scott has printable templates on his website, so grab them there. And you are going to love it. It's hard gut busting work at the gym but it's fun, interesting, and produces results.

                      While I haven't put as much weight on as PF, I tend to put on about as much fat as I do muscle when I go to the gym. But so far training on FT it's been mostly all lean gains. I'm sweating bullets most nights after my post work out meal and there have been a few times I've had to roll my window down on the drive back from then gym (average temp right now here in NY is about 15 degrees) because I was so damn hot. Gets your metabolism fired up

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by fireguy10720 View Post
                        Bought it last night.
                        Skimmed through it.
                        Holy cow there is a ton of info. My plan is to start this in the next 4 weeks after a cruise. Thank you for what looks like a great product can't wait to dive into it.
                        one quick question. Are the templates in the back printable.? Thanks
                        You're welcome!

                        As Altamir mentioned, the Free Overview Sheets can be downloaded where you picked up the book.

                        www.fortitudetraining.net

                        Originally posted by PhoebeusFenix View Post
                        I've done 2 solid blasts now(each blast is ~6 weeks) and have put about 10 quality pounds on thus far. I'm very sold on the book & the system. Very thorough
                        RIGHT ON!!! (Man, that makes me very happy.).

                        Originally posted by Altamir View Post
                        Scott has printable templates on his website, so grab them there. And you are going to love it. It's hard gut busting work at the gym but it's fun, interesting, and produces results.

                        While I haven't put as much weight on as PF, I tend to put on about as much fat as I do muscle when I go to the gym. But so far training on FT it's been mostly all lean gains. I'm sweating bullets most nights after my post work out meal and there have been a few times I've had to roll my window down on the drive back from then gym (average temp right now here in NY is about 15 degrees) because I was so damn hot. Gets your metabolism fired up
                        Yes, this is pretty much a universal finding.

                        -S
                        The Book Has Arrived!
                        The Book Has Arrived!

                        Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"


                        www.TrueNutrition.com

                        2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
                        2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
                        2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          What if I train at a very Powerlifting type gym with zero machines? Can it work with such a barebones setup?
                          The promotion of the training methods used by drug-assisted and genetically giften men wreaks havoc, despite these men being presented as demigods in the bodybuilding world. Sure they have inspired millions, but at the same time they have misled millions; and their "intruction" has robbed millions of people of the best training years of their lives.
                          -Stuart McRobert

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X