New to skiploading - help please :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to skiploading - help please :)

Im planning to do a skipload for the first time on sunday.

A bit of info about me . ..

Current calories and training -
    Monday - Legs and shoulders and 12min hiit on bike- macros - 150g carbs, 160p, 33f (1550 calories)
    Tuesday - rest = macros = 165p, 20carbs, 54f (1213 calories)
    Wednesday - Chest and arms and 12min hiit on bike - macros - 150g carbs, 160p, 33f (1550 calories)
    Thursday - rest = macros = 165p, 20carbs, 54f (1213 calories)
    Friday - Back and 12min hiit on bike - macros - 150g carbs, 160p, 33f(1550 calories)
    Sat - rest - macros = (165p, 20carbs, 54f 1213 calories)
    Sun - rest - macros = (165p, 20carbs, 54f 1213 calories)

Ive been trying to cut last 5 months ( I know - a very long time!) looking now to shed this last bit of fat around the stomach - love handles! with skiploading I hope to achieve this.

Im 20years old, 6 ft 1 and currently weigh 149 pounds. some do say my calories are very low and I need to increase them but I get paranoid when I start to increase them and the weight stops going down.

Could anyone comment on what can help me shed the last bit of fat and also a bit of a guide to a skipload?

would be appreciated thanks!

I'll go ahead and be the first to say this....You're 6'1 and 149 lbs and you wanna cut. What the hell is going to be left of you?

Comment

Thanks for looking.

I know what you are saying but I just want to get rid of this last bit of fat and then plan on lean bulking. I don't want to try and bulk because I think my stomach will also grow which I would not want.

Any tips i can take?

Comment

Originally posted by z33 View Post
        Thanks for looking.

I know what you are saying but I just want to get rid of this last bit of fat and then plan on lean bulking. I don't want to try and bulk because I think my stomach will also grow which I would not want.

Any tips i can take?
        Eat good, clean food. Get stronger on compound lifts like squats, bench press, rows, deadlifts, etc. Sprinkle in cardio here and there but don't over do it. You're not fat at 6'1" 149 lbs. You need to build a base first then worry about getting lean.

Comment

OK thanks for the help & I appreciate your opinion.

I'm going to have a skip load tomorrow. In the 6 hour window I'm basically allowed to eat as many high GI carbs I can and how many meals I can fit in That 6 hour window then concentrate on hitting my Protein macros right?

Thanks

Comment

OK thanks for the help & I appreciate your opinion.

I'm going to have a skip load tomorrow. In the 6 hour window I'm basically allowed to eat as many high GI carbs I can and how many meals I can fit in That 6 hour window then concentrate on hitting my Protein macros right?

Thanks
            In theory, yes, with that window. Take it slow...it may seem 'awesome' that you have access (lack of better term) to tons of cereals, pancakes, donuts, etc...but, I will tell you, after a little bit, you (more than likely) aren't going to want to touch any of that. You will just have to experiment...but, I love some chicken pizza, pastas, sushi, etc. I'd recommend not stuffing your face to the point you are in pain.

After that window, I go back to my 'regular' diet for non-training days...

Good luck...

-s
            "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a pussy."

"Carry 24/7 or guess right."

"There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion."

"993 yo f9t[n9y[I8itineraryBMiy v][/t u 98 oh 99 u]y8y u[/hy jyip NH j o have I h"

Comment

Thanks for the reply

Hopefully it be's a successful skip load and I lose body fat by the next week.

Am i meant to drink a lot of water (3 litres) on the skip load day or do I restrict it so I don't become full?

Thanks

Comment

Thanks for the reply

Am i meant to drink a lot of water (3 litres) on the skip load day or do I restrict it so I don't become full?

Thanks
                I don't restrict my water intake at all on loading days...

-s
                "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a pussy."

"There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion."

"993 yo f9t[n9y[I8itineraryBMiy v][/t u 98 oh 99 u]y8y u[/hy jyip NH j o have I h"

Comment

Thanks for the reply

Thanks
                  To clarify, I'm just an "average guy" on this board and by no means an expert so please discount this post and my previous one as you see fit.

Like Slide said, do NOT restrict water. There have been times I've loaded and not taken in much water as normal. I get a pretty bad headache and it's not fun. I would say drink as normal, stay hydrated, and enjoy the load.

Comment

Thanks again for your opinions .. .

I just want to achieve the best phyisique I can!

Any advice is appreciated

Comment

Two things that happened on my first several skiploads that I was not prepared for was running a mild fever and uncontrolled nappage. Also, I can't stress this part enough, you really are going to have to turn your brain off tomorrow, I can tell by your calories and attention to macros that tomorrow will not be an easy day for you if your are reading labels and letting your brain get too involved. Just trust the process and don't let your brain interfere.

Comment

Just had my skip load today and I dont think I'll be doing another onee

I had 2 meals in the 6 hour window trying to down as much as I can but after the second meal I could finish half of the food and I felt so much pain it was unbelievable. I think my body could not handle it or digest it..at one point I was goin to call an ambulance. Ive had a few paracetamol and the pain is dieing down slowly but I don't want to experience this again. I've been like this for the past 4 hours. Just sitting down in front of the heater and shivering. Can't even lie down that's how bad it is.

Comment

How much and what did you eat that caused this response??

Also "trying to down as much as I can" is not the way to go about the process of refeeding

Did u eat dairy? (And perhaps u are lactose intolerant)
                          Did you eat a bunch of fatty low quality (fast food type food)
                          How much water did u consume?
                          Did you start your load first thing in the morning (meaning your first 2 meals)

I'll go ahead and say looking at your hieght and wt that your gut is not use to handling a large volume of food at once and quite frankly it seems to me that you stuffed yourself

Also skip says to learn to "use hunger as a gauge" and eat carbs "til your full" that doesn't mean miserable

I would also go out on a limb and say at your ht and wt
                          That a smart diet/cardio approach to BUILD MUSLCE would be the best step

It is possible to do this and tighten up
                          Nutrient timing etc...

Without knowing what and how much you are it's hard to say that SKIPLOADING is WRONG for you
                          DC_catholic315
                          Light-heavyweight Member
                          Last edited by DC_catholic315; 01-25-2015, 05:46 PM.
                          I see you didn't take a s#!t before deadlifting....
                          I too like to live dangerously

Comment

Yes i had these two meals after i woke up, been to the bathroom and checked my weight then started the load.
                            I had cocopops cereal, weight watchers bake well slices, 10 pancakes with syrup. Half a bottle of jam with 4 cinnamon and raisin bagels, popcorn. Then 3 hours later.. Ice cream caramel sundae, 2 cinnamon bagels, candy floss and then it started and I couldn't take no more.

After the first meal I had about a litre or water but after the second meal I couldn't touch anything.

Thankfully I'm feeling a lot better now after a few burps and paracetamol but don't want to experience this again. Trust me it was horrible.
                            Last edited by z33; 01-25-2015, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Shit...this is weird...if only someone would have said something about not stuffing your face until you were in pain....

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showpos...91&postcount=6

That wasn't a skipload what you did...that was a ridiculous binge...just sayin'...

Next time, if there is one....you need to take it much, much slower...crawl first...glad you're feeling better though.

-s

Comment

Working...
                              X