Rare or discontinued machine finds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rare or discontinued machine finds

I like trying different gyms when I am on the road (which is rarely) because I like trying new machines. In some cases I find OLD machines they don't make anymore, but wish they did. Today I found a killer old Nautilus Forearm machine. It works your forearms in 4 directions AND has a grip strength component.

Family Guy but also; Old School SoCal, punk rock loving, powerlifting, hardcore gym rat. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtLQ73EutoY

That is one I haven't seen.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
    Instagram: @intensemuscle
    YouTube: TEAMSKIP
    TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Best forearm workout I ever experienced. Wrist curls, reverse wrist curls, and then wrist pronation and supination. (I didn't use the gripper). But I rotated those 4 movements in a giant set. 3 total sets. Forearms were smoked. Unfortunately I will never get to use it again as this gym is not near me. The big additions were the wrist pronation/supination. Typically I can only do curls and reverse curls. The side to side element was nothing I had experienced before.
      Family Guy but also; Old School SoCal, punk rock loving, powerlifting, hardcore gym rat. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtLQ73EutoY

Comment

Haha that's awesome...I remember a vid of some guy using a plate loaded/hammer strength forearm machine.

Kinda like that 4 angled bar set-up in the middle there, but plate-loaded.
        Max Muscle
        5020 Katella Ave.
        Los Alamitos, CA 90720
        www.MaxMuscleLosAlamitos.com

Comment

Got a hundred year old Sandow patented chest expander 2nd hand - does this count? I have it as a talking piece on my home gym wall. It was the top model at the time with grip strengthener also.
          Last edited by SAHD; 01-21-2015, 01:29 AM.
          "Be gentle in what you do, firm in how you do it."
          Buck Brannaman.

"It is the certainty of punishment that deters crime, not the severity of it."
          'Hanging' Judge PARKER

"Nothing is so powerful as an insight into human nature... what compulsions drive a man, what instincts dominate his action... if you know these things about a man you can touch him at the core of his being."
          ~William Bernbach

Comment

So ... let me get this right: People train their forearms?

Skip

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
              So ... let me get this right: People train their forearms?

Skip
              ^^^ Wise guy Yes, I read your thread about how you don't need direct forearm training and don't use straps. Some of use "less gifted" individuals do need direct forearm work. Now, if I read you don't have to train calves either I am trading in my gym bag for a yoga mat. NOBODY should be that lucky.

Comment

The Ymca I went to growing up had one of those nautilus machines. Damn that thing must be old haha.
                2014 KC All Star Championships 5th novice mw
                2015 KC All Star Championships 3rd open mw, 3rd masters 40+
                2016 Branch Warren 1st masters 40+, 3rd open mw

Comment

Calves matter?? Lol
                  I see you didn't take a s#!t before deadlifting....
                  I too like to live dangerously

Comment

Originally posted by Swaminator View Post
                    ^^^ Wise guy Yes, I read your thread about how you don't need direct forearm training and don't use straps. Some of use "less gifted" individuals do need direct forearm work. Now, if I read you don't have to train calves either I am trading in my gym bag for a yoga mat. NOBODY should be that lucky.
                    I was gifted with forearms and calves. If everything else matched, I would be a whole lot better than I am. lol

Skip

Comment

Originally posted by jasong View Post
                      The Ymca I went to growing up had one of those nautilus machines. Damn that thing must be old haha.
                      Funny you say that because the most Nautilus equipment I have seen in my life was in the 80s at the Y Center that I trained at.

Skip

Comment

Originally posted by DC_catholic315 View Post
                        Calves matter?? Lol
                        Until 1991.

Skip

Comment

Originally posted by theroymccoy View Post
                          Haha that's awesome...I remember a vid of some guy using a plate loaded/hammer strength forearm machine.

Kinda like that 4 angled bar set-up in the middle there, but plate-loaded.
                          One of the gyms in the chain that I goto has that machine. Sadly the two other gyms that I goto in that chain don't have that machine >.<

Comment

I am a cheater! I always try to find a way to make the movement easier, which is bad for muscle isolation. The ARM BLASTER is a blast from the past. It works. And you get to look bitchen when you do em. I like arm blaster hammer curls w/db best.

Comment

Originally posted by Swaminator View Post
                              I am a cheater! I always try to find a way to make the movement easier, which is bad for muscle isolation. The ARM BLASTER is a blast from the past. It works. And you get to look bitchen when you do em. I like arm blaster hammer curls w/db best.

Oh yeah my gym has one of these. Its brass and old as hell with a strap that is stained with 25 years of sweat lol oh and its all bent up. I use it occasionally.

True Nutrition Discount: SRC745
                              *2006 USAPL Washington State Powerlifting Championships- 1st, 14-16 age-148lb class -2nd Men's Open 148lb class
                              •2x WABDL Worlds Runner Up - Teens 16-17 165lb
                              *Former WABDL Teen 16-17 165lb World Record Bench Holder (Washington state record) of 396.6lbs

Comment

Working...
                              X