How do you cook your chicken?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trulysmoked View Post
    I either grill them with bbq sauce or will throw them in the crock pot with a bottle of buffalo sauce and ranch seasoning.
    I avoided my roommate's crockpot until recently because I thought cooking my measly portions (compared to the size of the pot) would dry it out. Derp.

I'll throw in the breasts into the pot without added water or sauce. After a few hours I'll shred the chicken, leave the remaining water in, and add the seasoning/sauce.
    #docswholift
    PGY-1 FM
    "No idea is above scrutiny and no people are beneath dignity." -Maajid Nawaz

Comment

10 lbs chicken with a jar of frogs ranch natural salsa and salt
      Goes over red potatoes with Homeade guacamole

Or chicken wirh salt and water makes it like brothy tasting
      Put it over brown rice and add peanut butter and soy with a dab of hot sauce it's badass

Sounds wierd I know but it's bad ass for real lol
      I see you didn't take a s#!t before deadlifting....
      I too like to live dangerously

Comment

Started using a crockpot after this thread every week and it is ridiculously easy and tasty. Family pack of chicken, chicken broth, and one packet of spices (there are handful to choose from that I alternate between)...4 hours and done. Definitely much simpler now--I haven't grilled chicken since.

-s
        "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a pussy."

"Carry 24/7 or guess right."

"There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion."

"993 yo f9t[n9y[I8itineraryBMiy v][/t u 98 oh 99 u]y8y u[/hy jyip NH j o have I h"

Comment

Random question buy how long is chicken good in the fridge for from you guys experience lol

Comment

I stick to 5 days max lol
            I see you didn't take a s#!t before deadlifting....
            I too like to live dangerously

Comment

Originally posted by Herpemonger View Post
              Random question buy how long is chicken good in the fridge for from you guys experience lol
              I've gone a week and been just fine, as long as the chicken is thoroughly cooked. It loses taste quality, but I've been fine eating it.

Also I always cook it now with generic Shake N Bake. Coat it, and 20 minutes at 350° and blammo.
              Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
              kind of a douche

Comment

Originally posted by DC_catholic315 View Post
                I stick to 5 days max lol
                Same here, 5 days max for cooked chicken.
                -KidRok-
                "...because I won't accept that I can't."

www.https://Truenutrition.com/
                5% OFF with Discount Code "FXL222"

https://www.facebook.com/hopsfitnessxl

Comment

Oven at 350 for roughly a half hour does the job depending on the quality of the chicken.

I will cook 2 baking pans of breasts crammed on each one and it will stay good for a week and a half or more if I choose. Doesn't go bad. Might have something to do with the amount of spices I throw on. Or not.

True Nutrition Discount: SRC745
                  *2006 USAPL Washington State Powerlifting Championships- 1st, 14-16 age-148lb class -2nd Men's Open 148lb class
                  •2x WABDL Worlds Runner Up - Teens 16-17 165lb
                  *Former WABDL Teen 16-17 165lb World Record Bench Holder (Washington state record) of 396.6lbs

Comment

4-6 pounds of boneless/skinless thighs in crock pot with homeade bbq sauce or homeade teriyaki sauce or this zero carb/cal buffalo marinade/sauce. Pro tip: once the chicken is done, pour some of the remaining sauce/liquid left in the crock pot in a sauce pan (strain it first). Simmer it for 20+ minutes or until it thickens up then pour it back over the chicken.

Comment

Maybe i need to try this crockpot .... I usually bake in oven

Comment

I cook a lot of my chicken breasts "En papillote" which is basically making a pouch with parchment paper and cooking it in the oven. It keeps the chicken very moist and all you need is basic herbs to come up with a gourmet tasting meal. Super simple and clean up is ridiculously easy. I also make a ton of homemade oven cooked chicken fingers during bulking phases because I find my appetite starts to wain a little. For some reason the fingers don't seem as filling as a whole breast yet it's the same amount on the food scale.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrawny View Post
                          I cook a lot of my chicken breasts "En papillote" which is basically making a pouch with parchment paper and cooking it in the oven. It keeps the chicken very moist and all you need is basic herbs to come up with a gourmet tasting meal. Super simple and clean up is ridiculously easy. I also make a ton of homemade oven cooked chicken fingers during bulking phases because I find my appetite starts to wain a little. For some reason the fingers don't seem as filling as a whole breast yet it's the same amount on the food scale.
                          Is that what they call it? I make a pouch out of foil if I bake mine too.
                          #docswholift
                          PGY-1 FM
                          "No idea is above scrutiny and no people are beneath dignity." -Maajid Nawaz

Comment

Marinade it in nandos sauce and dunn river seasoning and cook in the oven for 20 min. Perfect!

Comment

Working...
                            X