Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you prefer to get your information?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. articles from trusted sources
    2. youtube videos from trusted sources
    Family Guy but also; Old School SoCal, punk rock loving, powerlifting, hardcore gym rat. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtLQ73EutoY

Comment

no idea what radio entails. if im at my computer and i can watch a video instead, then video. if im in my car i probably wouldnt be listening to lifting/nutritoin stuff :p

Comment

Articles and video's. Particularly from the forums here. The reason I say here is because the knowldge base is so wide here. If someone is full of ahit, then there is someone who knows the truth to call them out on it, and correct them.

J
        "No man ever won a war by dieing for his county. He did it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his."

George Patton

Get your Protein where the real men get theirs, TrueProtein.com

5% off with Dicount code JNR490, and 10% off orders over 10 lbs!!!

Comment

Its not necessarily the communication channel I get my information from, but rather the credibility of the person I receive it from and how easily it is to access the information.

I started viewing this forum again because I have been able to get to a gym more often. I know this forum is loaded with great workout info so this is where I go for the information. However, I wouldn't necessarily ask questions about advice for hiking and backpacking here unless I wanted the perspective of a bodybuilder/powerlifter/etc. I prefer to seek information from the experts of whatever hobby it is I'm pursuing, rather than going to one place for all my advice.

When I ask my workout related questions and await responses, I'm obviously going to judge who answers those questions. I know I'm more likely to take responses from guys like Skip and Homonoculus (forgive my spelling) without a grain of salt, whereas I'm going to question the response from someone else I don't recognize.

So I think finding a way to make it easier for posters to find out who gives out the most credible advice would be helpful, but that obviously opens up a can of worms in regards to disappointing people that believe they are more credible than others.

Then it also comes down to where I'm going to ask my questions and I think this forum does a great job at limiting the forums and subforms, while organizing it in an easy to navigate manner. This makes it easy for anyone to drill down to the information or forum they want.

For the other channels since I know you mentioned video, I do like them, but its difficult to find the information I'm looking for with them. One youtube channel that is really great is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AR7C5qWvuUc

I used it when I taught myself to ski last year and it was very easy to find the video I wanted that had only the information I needed in short bits (videos between 2-6 minutes long usually). Maybe modeling a nutritional and workout advice channels in a similar fashion would be useful.
          "If people were 1/10th as worried about the rest of their meals as they were about the post workout shake, there would be a hell of a lot more people looking like bodybuilders. "
          -Trop

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
            Please post and let me know how you prefer to get your information. This is in reference to bodybuilding info, training, nutrition, etc.. It doesn't have to be specifically about IM, it can be any site that you like.

Radio podcasts?

Instructional videos/video seminars, etc.?

In text like posts on a message board, social media posts, etc?

Articles?

If you could put these in order of which you prefer the most or use the most to what you prefer the least or use the least, that would be awesome.

If there is another way you prefer to get your information, please post it.

Skip
            i prefer the info you post right here on IM. Always interesting and can be referenced multiple times

Comment

#1-articles
              #2-videos
              If your not ripping a tendon your not working the muscle to its fullest capacity!

I just kinda feel if the weight wasn't so heavy, I could lift it:
              :bb::dancingna:bb::dancingna:bb::dancingna
              Living for the INSULIN SPIKE!

Comment

I like articles that are not horribly long. I also like 2-5 minute youtube videos. I do like the internet radio but most of the time I don't have time to watch so I end up missing them.

Comment

Awesome feedback. Thank you all!

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
                  Instagram: @intensemuscle
                  YouTube: TEAMSKIP
                  TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Links to articles via:

1.) Facebook
                    2.) Email list
                    #docswholift
                    PGY-1 FM
                    "No idea is above scrutiny and no people are beneath dignity." -Maajid Nawaz

Comment

Ken,

Do you want to transform this thread into a poll with the options that have been listed?...

-S
                      The Book Has Arrived!
                      The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
                      2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
                      2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

I like the articles that are posted on Facebook from sites like elite fitness and even T nation at times, although I unfollowed the latter. The podcasts are pretty cool too. I can listen to them on my way to and from work if I have a decent drive.
                        STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

Comment

Originally posted by steel1970 View Post
                          I like the articles that are posted on Facebook from sites like elite fitness and even T nation at times, although I unfollowed the latter. The podcasts are pretty cool too. I can listen to them on my way to and from work if I have a decent drive.
                          Do you mean EliteFTS?

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
                          Instagram: @intensemuscle
                          YouTube: TEAMSKIP
                          TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
                            Do you mean EliteFTS?

Skip
                            yes
                            STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

Comment

In order of how likely I am to actually view it:

1. text
                              2. audio
                              3. video (aka never).

I'll clarify:
                              If it's something I know I am looking for - an answer to a question, I want text. I want to read it quickly and skim through the article so I can find the answer I am looking for. I won't sit through a video or audio of someone talking about it because it's horrible trying to skip ahead and find what you want there.

IF I don't know what I'm looking for - just wanting to learn something new, I'll listen to podcasts or books, etc while I'm driving. I don't listen to the radio anymore - just a waste of time I could use to learn something new. I'll save my music for when I'm training or working on my computer.
                              Owner of 316FIT and Team Skip Approved Trainer

Instagram: @jaredragsdale
                              FB: www.fb.com/jared.ragsdale
                              www.316fit.com
                              Email: [email protected]

Comment

Look at what science says
                                Look at what anecdotal evidence shows
                                Look at the patterns that have been the most successful amongst the best in the world

Experiment
                                Extrapolate the results, reach a conclusion
                                Rinse and repeat until you get close to perfection(because you'll never get there)
                                Once you get close to perfection, don't change anything. In other words, if you are getting very strong, or very big, or very lean, or very health(or whatever the case may be) using a certain protocol...don't go ADD and mess it up.
                                Aiming for Mr.Olympia IFBB Men's Physique

Phil 4:8: Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.

A must read:
                                http://intensemuscle.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=138

Comment

Working...
                                X