Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you prefer to get your information?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you prefer to get your information?

Please post and let me know how you prefer to get your information. This is in reference to bodybuilding info, training, nutrition, etc.. It doesn't have to be specifically about IM, it can be any site that you like.

Radio podcasts?

Instructional videos/video seminars, etc.?

In text like posts on a message board, social media posts, etc?

Articles?

If you could put these in order of which you prefer the most or use the most to what you prefer the least or use the least, that would be awesome.

If there is another way you prefer to get your information, please post it.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
    Instagram: @intensemuscle
    YouTube: TEAMSKIP
    TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

not radio

vid if things need to be demonstrated
    text if its just ideas. vids ok here too

Comment

Originally posted by greensoup View Post
      not radio

vid if things need to be demonstrated
      text if its just ideas. vids ok here too
      Thanks. Curious why you don't like radio, though. Boring?

Skip

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

I really like text/articles because I can read them in a short break, my phone is always with me, and text uses hardly any data as an added bonus. Also it's easier to refer back to the information if it is specific in nature
        Podcasts are good when reading is impractical, like jogging, whilst driving etc, but I find it difficult to retrieve information afterwards/go back. It's good to have a quick listen for fun though, I think this is a good format if the information is more an entertainment style. I actually have a huge backlog I keep forgetting to load onto my phone though, so I guess it's better in theory
        Videos are always good, but again not as good as text and I would never watch these on my phone's data so not real versatile, though I reckon I watched the longevity series exclusively whilst doing dishes and eating. I do like putting on a video but if it's still going after eating then it's too long
        If at first you don't succeed... Try doing what Skip told you to do the first time.

Comment

I like them in text/articles also...
          A lot of times I will cut and paste info I find useful into a Word document for future reference.
          It's difficult to work out too hard, it's easy to work out too long.............

Comment

Text - Easiest to read, save, and bring back for later.

Articals - It depends on whos writing it. Theres alot of "professionals" these days that havent put in any real time, whom go off text book answers (proper deadlift,Squat). So I tend to do research on the writer after reading the artical and to find out he/she has no history. Waste of time...

Videos - time consuming. I like to quickly find the information and save it for later refrence.

Radio - I just dont have experince with podcasts.
            I have found iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me. It never runs. Friends may come and go but two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds. There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength, Once the mind and body have been awakened to their true potential, its impossible to turn back, the iron never lies to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Dens228 View Post
              I like them in text/articles also...
              A lot of times I will cut and paste info I find useful into a Word document for future reference.
              x2. Written format is my preference in general.

Video for technique/form demonstrations.

Radio is last on the list for me due to my relationship with technology...I don't do MP3's, yet. Also, some podcasts don't allow you to scroll back to specific points, and/or you have to start from the beginning if the page happens to close.
              2014 Greater Gulf States 2nd WPD Class B
              2010 Jr. USA 2nd LHW
              2009 Houston Pro/Am 1st LHW & Overall (Am)
              2008 Jr. Nationals 5th LHW
              2007 Greater Gulf States 1st LHW
              2007 LA Championships 1st LHW & Overall

Comment

Podcast and you tube
                I watch them during cardio
                I see you didn't take a s#!t before deadlifting....
                I too like to live dangerously

Comment

I utilize them all. If I had to rank them it would depend on the content, but I would rank them articles, text, video, then radio podcasts. Articles are easy to refer back to. Text is great for continued discussion, clarification, etc . Video is better for demonstrations or even a nice change of pace from reading. I've just started listening to the PED podcasts at work or driving and I really enjoy those too.
                  2014 KC All Star Championships 5th novice mw
                  2015 KC All Star Championships 3rd open mw, 3rd masters 40+
                  2016 Branch Warren 1st masters 40+, 3rd open mw

Comment

Text format with little fluff.
                    Bolded subtitles with important info to the point underneath.

Comment

Until recently i used the boards mostly and an article when i was bored. The podcast are really growing on me though. I like being able to listen/learn while in the car or doing cardio. The boards are a goldmine of info but between work and family life i just don't have time to sift through all the old threads for the good info.
                      6/22/13 - 2013 NPC VICTORY CLASSIC
                      1st - Novice Men's Lightheavy & Novice overall

Comment

In order of preference, best to worst
                        Articles (digital or print, doesn't matter)
                        Message Boards
                        Videos
                        Podcasts

Comment

Text/articles with the inclusion of videos or pictures. I'm a very visual person so sometimes when I hear something, versus reading it, it doesn't click with me for whatever reason. Videos/pictures can further enhance what I just read (would obviously make most sense for demonstration-type articles, e.g. how to perform a squat).

I have a hard time putting on a podcast and actually being able to listen to it without getting distracted.
                          2013 NPC Europa Battle of Champions - 1st Figure & Overall
                          2013 NPC Rhode Island - 1st Figure
                          2012 NPC Emerald Cup - 2nd Figure
                          2010 NPC Northwest Championships - 4th Figure

Comment

Solid feedback, thank you.

If anyone else has an opinion, please post.

Skip

Comment

1) Message Boards 2) Youtube Videos 3) Podcast/Radio

Comment

Working...
                              X