what motivated me today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what motivated me today

There's this beautiful woman at my gym who lifts weights with demonic intensity, and who very openly flirts with extremely buff guys--and no other men whatsoever. If you have gorilla arms--which I don't yet--there's a very good chance she'll squeeze your arm and grin at you. While I was doing deadlifts today, I tried to focus my mind entirely on how much I want to get that seal of approval from her. I definitely lifted more intensely because of that.

Hey, whatever motivates, right? Like Dante said, even if you have to dry hump a cocker spaniel...
    "Be kind, friendly and lenient towards your fellow man, but unrelenting and pitiless with yourself." -- Franz Bardon

Motivation is a lot like ejaculation. Sure, the hot girl in the gym can get it done for a short while, but even she will get old, fat, and unattractive at some point. Your hand, however, never changes. It's embrace never grows old, it's grip never weakens. Your hand will never let you down.

Better to find an internal, lifelong source of motivation than a fleeting flash in the pan.
    2010 NPC North Star

Comment

I just know if I don't beat my logbook I am a bitch... Knowing that someone out there is busting their ass, makes me push myself to the extreme. That, and I enjoy suffering, yeah, I'm kind of weird...
      Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
      2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
      2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

I hope this doesn't make me sound ridiculous, but whatever...

When I wear any of my DC Training or IM shirts, I train much harder. The reason is that I respect Skip and Dante so much that if I am wearing something that represents them, even in some small way, I feel it's my duty not to "let them down" in my mind. If I'm wearing a shirt that says Intense Muscle, DC Training, or even EliteFTS, it's my job to represent what those mean. I'll be goddamned if anyone ever sees me in a DC or IM shirt without me gasping for breath and covered in sweat, chalk, and blood.
        Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
        kind of a douche

Comment

Originally posted by Macho Man View Post
          Motivation is a lot like ejaculation. Sure, the hot girl in the gym can get it done for a short while, but even she will get old, fat, and unattractive at some point. Your hand, however, never changes. It's embrace never grows old, it's grip never weakens. Your hand will never let you down.

Better to find an internal, lifelong source of motivation than a fleeting flash in the pan.
          BUT....I find that the older I get, the more appealing the "old, fat, and unattractive" women become.
          -KidRok-
          "...because I won't accept that I can't."

www.https://Truenutrition.com/
          5% OFF with Discount Code "FXL222"

https://www.facebook.com/hopsfitnessxl

Comment

Originally posted by Sammich View Post

When I wear any of my DC Training or IM shirts, I train much harder. The reason is that I respect Skip and Dante so much that if I am wearing something that represents them, even in some small way, I feel it's my duty not to "let them down" in my mind. If I'm wearing a shirt that says Intense Muscle, DC Training, or even EliteFTS, it's my job to represent what those mean. I'll be goddamned if anyone ever sees me in a DC or IM shirt without me gasping for breath and covered in sweat, chalk, and blood.
            That`s a good one.
            I`m a member of IM, so I`m here to push it. If I have no motivation I think by myself "holy shit, you post in the same forum as Dante, Skip and Scott. So earn it". That`s my motivation.

Comment

Originally posted by Hop View Post
              BUT....I find that the older I get, the more appealing the "old, fat, and unattractive" women become.
              Call me. Kidding.

I do agree that the majority of motivation needs to come from within. I think that an external motivator might work to get people started, and perhaps one calls upon it sporadically, but eventually, it's not enough.

I see this a lot with competitors: the show is their motivation and then they fall apart because they don't have that fire that burns within them to push themselves forward beyond the five minutes on stage.

You can't teach that, though. You have to find it in yourself, on your own...

Comment

In all seriousness, I don't know really what my motivation is other than "this is what I do, I've done it for a long time and wouldn't know how NOT to do it".
                -KidRok-
                "...because I won't accept that I can't."

www.https://Truenutrition.com/
                5% OFF with Discount Code "FXL222"

https://www.facebook.com/hopsfitnessxl

Comment

I got a DC shirt in one of my TN orders and I put it on and I look like one of those pac man ghosts

Comment

I once stood on a boat deck and leaned out over the rail to a lower boat that was sinking. I had to reach down and pull people up to save their lives.

My heavy bent over rows always takes me back to that time and place and near the end of the set I can see people reaching up to be pulled out, I can hear the waves, smell the salt water. Always gets me extra reps.
                    "Be gentle in what you do, firm in how you do it."
                    Buck Brannaman.

"It is the certainty of punishment that deters crime, not the severity of it."
                    'Hanging' Judge PARKER

"Nothing is so powerful as an insight into human nature... what compulsions drive a man, what instincts dominate his action... if you know these things about a man you can touch him at the core of his being."
                    ~William Bernbach

Comment

Funny because my IM shirt is my leg day shirt.
                      When I look in the mirror and those words "are you intense enough" are looking back at you, it does something mentally..
                      Which brings me to this question Skip. .
                      When or where can we get more IM, or Team Skip shirts?
                      I need more for the other days of the week!

Comment

Originally posted by mentalflex View Post
                        I just know if I don't beat my logbook I am a bitch... Knowing that someone out there is busting their ass, makes me push myself to the extreme. That, and I enjoy suffering, yeah, I'm kind of weird...
                        I can relate a lot to this.

The feeling that I may not be giving my best at what I'm doing, that someone out there might be out working me, is what pushes me.

Everytime I read about someone who never stopped working or fighting for a goal, I get uber motivated. Often these people are also extremelly sucessfull, Mark Bell, Jon Andersen, Rob Bailey; however this extends beyond our realm of lifting things and putting them down, the other day I finished a book on Teddy Roosevelt and went and squatted 405 (a bit deal for me ever since I broke my leg).
                        "If you're ready to do DC, you're not gonna give a flying f*(k about fatigue from the previous exercise. You get under the bar and kill it, each and every time." - homonunculus

"Nothing better than coming to IM and seeing a Wall of Text next to that big Tricep pic." - Lonnie123

“Hateful to me as the gates of Hades is that man who hides one thing in his heart and speaks another.” - Homer

The scale doesn't show a number. When he steps on it, it simply reads: Big Mother Fucker. - Skip

Comment

Originally posted by greensoup View Post
                          I got a DC shirt in one of my TN orders and I put it on and I look like one of those pac man ghosts
                          I bought a 4XL DC shirt for $4 and it's the same with me :preach:
                          Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
                          kind of a douche

Comment

Originally posted by Hop View Post
                            In all seriousness, I don't know really what my motivation is other than "this is what I do, I've done it for a long time and wouldn't know how NOT to do it".

This.

Going to the gym and cooking my own food are just habits, which is making being consistent incredibly easy this time around.
                            #docswholift
                            PGY-1 FM
                            "No idea is above scrutiny and no people are beneath dignity." -Maajid Nawaz

Comment

Funny you say that because I feel the SAME way when I where either an IM shirt or an EliteFTS - especially the Elite shirt because I know most of those fuckers think bodybuilders are pussies.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
                              Instagram: @intensemuscle
                              YouTube: TEAMSKIP
                              TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Working...
                              X