Pics of Bob Paris post-bodybuilding um ... wow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pics of Bob Paris post-bodybuilding um ... wow

I am quite disturbed by pics of pro bodybuilders after they get done competing and are small and "normal" again. I came across a few pics of Bob Paris that I have posted, that shocked me. I have seen pics of Levrone who doesn't look anything like he used to, either.

If anyone has any pics of FLEX or others that have competed as freaks and are now normal dudes, post up the pics.

Skip
    Attached Files

Facebook: Skip Hill
    Instagram: @intensemuscle
    YouTube: TEAMSKIP
    TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Gorilla Suit is a good read.

http://www.amazon.com/Gorilla-Suit-M.../dp/0312194587

-S
    The Book Has Arrived!
    The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
    2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
    2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

"This is a story about chasing a dream, being willing to do anything to get that dream, and then growing frustrated with the world that dream is lived in. It is the discovery that after years of climbing a mountain and finally reaching the top, perhaps on reconsideration it was the wrong mountain to begin with."

No comment.

Skip

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Damn ... I remember when he was on the cover of M&F every other month

He's one of the few bodybuilders I would have thought would kind of age gracefully as the Jacked Old Dude - still big and lean, maybe rocking some masters comps... Looks like he stays in shape, but if you hadn't identified him I never would have guessed from those pics

Comment

I don't know. Bob looks good to me - healthy, fit, happy.

Wait! Sorry. I forgot how my brain used to work in regards to bodybuilding.
          2014 Greater Gulf States 2nd WPD Class B
          2010 Jr. USA 2nd LHW
          2009 Houston Pro/Am 1st LHW & Overall (Am)
          2008 Jr. Nationals 5th LHW
          2007 Greater Gulf States 1st LHW
          2007 LA Championships 1st LHW & Overall

Comment

Yeah I saw this too man. He had one incredible physique back in the day. Pretty depressing to hear about how he became disillusioned with it all....

Comment

Originally posted by phoenix13 View Post
              I don't know. Bob looks good to me - healthy, fit, happy.

Wait! Sorry. I forgot how my brain used to work in regards to bodybuilding.
              I completely agree that he looks normal and fit and healthy - no question. I think my point is just that we all won't recognize him because we only know him as Mr Symmetry from the 80s carrying 50 more pounds of muscle.

Skip

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
                I completely agree that he looks normal and fit and healthy - no question. I think my point is just that we all won't recognize him because we only know him as Mr Symmetry from the 80s carrying 50 more pounds of muscle.
                I hear you. I didn't realize how much my perception has changed until this thread. Sorry if I killed the mood. For "normal" people, seeing bbers in their prime is what's disturbing. When I was in my bbing mindset, if I saw someone who was significantly downsized (nat to pro competitive to merely better than average physique), I wondered if it was hard for them to accept, or a struggle to be smaller.
                2014 Greater Gulf States 2nd WPD Class B
                2010 Jr. USA 2nd LHW
                2009 Houston Pro/Am 1st LHW & Overall (Am)
                2008 Jr. Nationals 5th LHW
                2007 Greater Gulf States 1st LHW
                2007 LA Championships 1st LHW & Overall

Comment

Here is Mr. Wheeler at the 2014 Olympia Expo. Decent build still but only a mere shadow of his former self.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 13B-T View Post
                    Here is Mr. Wheeler at the 2014 Olympia Expo. Decent build still but only a mere shadow of his former self.
                    Clearly you were happy to meet him.

Skip

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
                      Clearly you were happy to meet him.

Skip
                      Seems so!

Comment

Originally posted by Cletus View Post
                        Damn ... I remember when he was on the cover of M&F every other month

He's one of the few bodybuilders I would have thought would kind of age gracefully as the Jacked Old Dude - still big and lean, maybe rocking some masters comps... Looks like he stays in shape, but if you hadn't identified him I never would have guessed from those pics
                        I remember those old M&F covers with Bob on them. He really had an amazing look.
                        ...playing Bingo at the Senior Center :shocked:

Comment

Wow I just read Bob Paris' wiki biography; pretty accomplished guy aside from bodybuilding.
                          Max Muscle
                          5020 Katella Ave.
                          Los Alamitos, CA 90720
                          www.MaxMuscleLosAlamitos.com

Comment

Working...
                          X