Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photoshoots *sigh*

I posted this on my TEAM SKIP page but wanted to post it here:

It drives me fucking nuts when people refer to "photoshoots" when they simply pay a photographer to take a bunch of pics of them after a show for no other reason than to have pics of them in great shape. To me a photoshoot (probably because I am old) is having a photographer take pics for an advertisement or for an article either in print or online. It drives me even more nuts when it is a couple hanging all over each other trying to look hot as if the pics belong in GQ or Vogue or something.

I have tons of friends that have done this so I likely will get some backlash from it but it just drives me nuts when these pics are posted all over social media.

I am no angel but in 30 years of training and 20 years of competing I have never, not one time, had a "photoshoot". The only pics I have are competition pics or selfies. I can't bring myself to do it.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
    Instagram: @intensemuscle
    YouTube: TEAMSKIP
    TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

What about that one time at band camp?
    -KidRok-
    "...because I won't accept that I can't."

www.https://Truenutrition.com/
    5% OFF with Discount Code "FXL222"

https://www.facebook.com/hopsfitnessxl

Comment

Originally posted by Hop View Post
      What about that one time at band camp?
      I have had pictures taken many times but none that were supposed to get out.

Skip

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

I had a shoot done, I guess kinda, but a friend who is probably a better BB'ing photographer, at least for stage shots, than anyone shooting for any of the online mags (By far). He just took some photos of me (for free, wearing a diaper) between PJ and finals at the Jr. USA's.. (Just kidding about the diaper part. ) I mainly did that b/c he's the only guy I've ever met who could get stage shots that actually represented the true look (conditioning in particular) on the day of the show. (Google socalphotographer for some of his stuff posted on various boards.)

It was a pain in the ass, though - I did it b/c knew I shouldn't pass up the opportunity.

I DID Pay for a photoshoot for my book, though. I just knew I couldn't get good shots on my own... LOL

Otherwise, I'm the same way - can't get myself to do it.

I'm fine with other folks doing that, though.

-S
        The Book Has Arrived!
        The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
        2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
        2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

Post them so that I can judge you.

Skip

Comment

^^ha! I think it's a chick thing... I'll do a little one for my 40th but not for publicity... Just for me to not feel old :-)
            "This is your life. It is the only one you get. So no excuses, and no do-overs. If you make a mistake or fail at something you learn from it, you get over it and you move on. Your job is to be the very best person you can be and to never settle for anything less."
            ~ Ann Richards, former TX governor

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
              Post them so that I can judge you.

Skip
              LOL. Okey Dokey.

Here's a "video" from some stills from the Jr. USA (4th in Heavies) 2010:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pccCQLKPp3s

[YOUTUBE]pccCQLKPp3s[/YOUTUBE]

And here are some from my book shoot that ended up in my promo video (different photographer; 6 weeks out):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=ZCbDqwP0JvQ

[YOUTUBE]ZCbDqwP0JvQ[/YOUTUBE]

-S
              The Book Has Arrived!
              The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
                To me a photoshoot (probably because I am old) is having a photographer take pics for an advertisement or for an article either in print or online.
                I love this so much and I totally agree. Attention all delusional people: if you are paying a photographer to take pictures of you, YOU ARE NOT A MODEL FOR THE LOVE OF MIKE. Do brides and grooms call themselves "wedding models" when they have pictures taken at their ceremonies? They do not.

Listen, I often call myself Queen of the Universe. Doesn't mean it's true.

Comment

Originally posted by Kristine View Post
                  So does that mean when someone calls me "King Shit" that's not true either?
                  -KidRok-

Comment

My lone photoshoot was hilarious, the university clearly wanted to show diversity in an advertisement, they did everything save hang a dream catcher off my neck and put some feathers on my head, I thought they might ask me to hop around and do a rain dance. But as for paying for a photo, it never really interested me, hell I hate looking at photos, it truly pains me each time a friend/coworker/etc pulls out their phone and wants to show me pics of their kids/dogs/weekend warrior project. So when I did the Heckman flush I documented the entire cycle and shared my experiences for once = )

Comment

I love this so much and I totally agree. Attention all delusional people: if you are paying a photographer to take pictures of you, YOU ARE NOT A MODEL FOR THE LOVE OF MIKE. Do brides and grooms call themselves "wedding models" when they have pictures taken at their ceremonies? They do not.

There are a few that lay claim to that title, I do believe.

I'd be happy to run you through a ceremony next time you're in Tampa. We'll get you a crown and everything...

-S
                      The Book Has Arrived!
                      The Book Has Arrived!

www.TrueNutrition.com

Comment

I'm getting one to show my 6-9 month transformation from fat to fit

Comment

I guess I never really thought about it. I've been paid for shoots for fbbing sites, and I've done shoots for music promo, CD inserts, and my coaching business back when I did that.

It was all self-promotion, which is like selfies with potential for capital gain.
                          2014 Greater Gulf States 2nd WPD Class B
                          2010 Jr. USA 2nd LHW
                          2009 Houston Pro/Am 1st LHW & Overall (Am)
                          2008 Jr. Nationals 5th LHW
                          2007 Greater Gulf States 1st LHW
                          2007 LA Championships 1st LHW & Overall

Comment

Do you live on Turd Alley?

Comment

Do you live on Turd Alley?
                              No, up shit creek.
                              -KidRok-

Comment

Working...