Nutrition plan help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nutrition plan help

I would like some honest input from you guys with a diet plan that I want to start soon. I just finished a 10 week DC blast and I am currently cruising. I am also graduating in less than a week and plan on just working and working out after graduation until I go back for my Masters next fall. I also plan to be more strict with a diet since I will have more time to properly prep food and such.

My current macros are:

7 Meals/day (350 grams protein, 335 grams carbs, 70 g fat)
    ~50 g protein each meal
    ~65 g carbs for first five meals
    ~35 g fats for last two meals
    4 whole meals/3 shakes

This is not exact because like I said I am still in school, but I plan to be more strict with this through my next blast or until I reach 250 lbs. I am currently around 240 (up from 225 through my first blast). Once I reach 250 lbs, I would like to start cutting carbs, like 20-30g every two weeks. I would eventually like to be around 200 (where I will hopefully see some abs for the first time in my life). Once I get down to 200, or until I can see good definition, I want to reverse diet back up, so that I can continue to add mass without putting on a lot of fat.

Some stats:

6'0"
    ~240lbs
    ~20-25% bf

I am not a competitive bodybuilding or powerlifter, I am just a guy who has been chubby all his life and just wants to get cut for once. Lastly, feel free to tear the hell out of this diet if you think it sounds stupid, I want some honest feedback so I can succeed on this journey.
    The average silverback gorilla in the wild is between 5'7 and 5'11, and weighs between 298 and 397 pounds (according to wikipedia). Why not shoot for that?

-LoRez from T Nation

Without knowing all variables, take a look at these articles from Shelby Starnes:

http://www.t-nation.com/ALSAuthor.do?p=Shelby%20Starnes
    Last edited by jrf0104; 12-08-2014, 12:09 PM.

Comment

What other variables would you like to know jrf?
      The average silverback gorilla in the wild is between 5'7 and 5'11, and weighs between 298 and 397 pounds (according to wikipedia). Why not shoot for that?

-LoRez from T Nation

Comment

Originally posted by sampsellta View Post
        What other variables would you like to know jrf?
        Here is a big one, how are you going to train on this, when are you going to train, what level of activity do you have during the day, are you going to be doing cardio, and if so, when, what kind and how much?
        Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
        2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
        2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

^^^ Echo on mental's post. Diet is dependent on a number of factors, including your metabolism, weight, age, sex, and workload. I am not an expert. I would recommend hiring Skip, Shelby, or Dr. Scott if the funds are available.

Comment

Originally posted by jrf0104 View Post
            ^^^ Echo on mental's post. Diet is dependent on a number of factors, including your metabolism, weight, age, sex, and workload. I am not an expert. I would recommend hiring Skip, Shelby, or Dr. Scott if the funds are available.
            Shelby has several books that are worth reading... I have a few of his books and they have been huge aids in helping with nutrition. I would also suggest Lyle McDonald's fat loss books.

One thing I would consider is only focusing carbs around training versus spread throughout the day.
            Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Originally posted by mentalflex View Post
              Here is a big one, how are you going to train on this, when are you going to train, what level of activity do you have during the day, are you going to be doing cardio, and if so, when, what kind and how much?
              I'm gonna be doing DC training on MWF. I have a high level of activity during the day. I work in a grocery warehouse, so I walk 8-12 miles a day while lifting boxes from 2-80lbs. Since I do a lot of cardio at work, I am going to forego the cardio.

-LoRez from T Nation

Comment

One thing I would consider is only focusing carbs around training versus spread throughout the day.[/QUOTE]

^^^I was doing this at the beginning of my blast because I remember someone (I think it was BigDownUnder, but not positive) did a post about DC nutrition and said that endomorphs should limit carbs to just around training and I just felt flat when I did that and I couldn't put any weight on. I was either stagnant weightwise, or was losing weight. So I started to spread them out more.

I am willing to try it again, do you have a suggestion of intake amount for before/after if I'm going to taking most of my carbs in around training?

-LoRez from T Nation

Comment

Originally posted by jrf0104 View Post
                  I don't have the funds. I won't have funds for a while since I'm a college student. I just try to read as much as I can and educate myself as best as I can.

-LoRez from T Nation

Comment

Originally posted by sampsellta View Post
                    One thing I would consider is only focusing carbs around training versus spread throughout the day.

^^^I was doing this at the beginning of my blast because I remember someone (I think it was BigDownUnder, but not positive) did a post about DC nutrition and said that endomorphs should limit carbs to just around training and I just felt flat when I did that and I couldn't put any weight on. I was either stagnant weightwise, or was losing weight. So I started to spread them out more.

I am willing to try it again, do you have a suggestion of intake amount for before/after if I'm going to taking most of my carbs in around training?
                    I've seen others and myself feel more energy having MCTs in the AM, I use coconut oil in meals as a fat. You can have some carbs a hour or so before training, something like rice or another carb that digests easy for you, 50-60g should be fine, then another 50g or so during training and consumed immediately after and 75g in a whole food post training meal.

Experiment with something like that and see how your body changes.

2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

I'll have to give that a try. Thanks Mental.

-LoRez from T Nation

Comment

This might help. A good read on carb cycling by Justin Harris and Shelby Starnes:

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...o_carb_cycling

Comment

And there is always Shelby's Very Low Carb Diet (VLCD):

http://wannabebig.com/diet-and-nutri...ow-carb-diets/

Comment

I'll read into them. Thanks jrf.

-LoRez from T Nation

Comment

One more. You might want to check out John Meadows' website. For $10.00 a month, you have access to one of the top coaches in the bodybuilding community. There is a wealth of information on his site for the average person looking to better themselves.

Here is the link to his site: http://mountaindogdiet.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X