total change in routine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• total change in routine

I have been out of work since the end of April. I have been job hunting and have had little to no results. As such I have had open time until I go back to school full time in January. I hae been wanting to go back to training to fill that time, improve my state of mind, and losing some belly fat.

Recently my sister in-law and I have been going to the gym together. We both have the same main goal in mind; strength. I know with increased strength, some fat will be lost as long as I keep my diet in check (getting there), and some size will be gained, but is there a particular split we should be going with?

She already has decently strong muscles from years of indie wrestling, and I have lost a bit since I left the military. I am working around neck and knee issues along with a small hernia that I need to get repaired at some point soon. After a good chunk of time away from training my numbers are incredibly weak IMO and I want to get them back up.

Sorry for such vague questions, but I am trying to brain dump shitty misinformation I have gained over the years, and plan shit correctly for both of us. Due to time limitations (her work schedule and the gym's hours) we have been training Tuesday (back and bi's), Wednesday (legs), and Thursday, (chest and tri's) to get back into the swing of things.

Thanks guys and gals. Any help is very appreciated, and well needed

J
    "No man ever won a war by dieing for his county. He did it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his."

George Patton

Get your Protein where the real men get theirs, TrueProtein.com

5% off with Dicount code JNR490, and 10% off orders over 10 lbs!!!

IF you are looking for a new program, I a BIG fan of Poliquins AGVT and currently doing his 5% Solution. Both are similar and strength focused. Check out my journal on here on the set-up etc.
    SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

Check out Mountain Dog Training. If you go on John Meadows' website (mountaindogdiet.com), you'll find different workouts he does for various bodyparts. Plug them into a split that's something like:

Mon: Legs
      Wed: Chest & Shoulders
      Fri: Back
      Sat: Arms

You should be set.

Regards,
      Rav.

Comment

After years of standard BB splits and a weak strength base, I've recently changed to Madcow 5x5. Been finding it good to go back to basics. Only been 4 weeks, but plan on using it for several months and squeeze the most out of it. Will have to alter the progression slightly as I'm over 40 and don't feel like injuring myself, so will program a deload week every 4-6 weeks

Comment

Thanks guys. i'll be looking into your suggestions here shortly.

J
          "No man ever won a war by dieing for his county. He did it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his."

George Patton

Get your Protein where the real men get theirs, TrueProtein.com

5% off with Dicount code JNR490, and 10% off orders over 10 lbs!!!

Comment

Scott's Fortitude Training is amazing
            :preach:

Comment

Originally posted by liftweights View Post
              Scott's Fortitude Training is amazing
              Gracias, LW!!!

-S
              The Book Has Arrived!
              The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
              2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
              2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

Working...
              X