Flavoring TN Protein

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flavoring TN Protein

I picked up 3 lbs of the Team Skip blend protein fron TN with the basic Chocolate flavoring to save a few bucks. I now realize How wrong I was to not spend the extra coin for the Premium flavor. Do you guys have any tips to help boost the taste some? I love the mixability, but the flavor is just not there.

J
    "No man ever won a war by dieing for his county. He did it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his."

George Patton

Get your Protein where the real men get theirs, TrueProtein.com

5% off with Dicount code JNR490, and 10% off orders over 10 lbs!!!

After 12 years of consuming shakes, and taking into consideration that today's flavours are light years ahead of what they once were, mixing in water just doesn't do it for me. My shakes always include things like oats, a banana, milk, and peanut butter to both improve the taste and get in extra calories. But that's just me. I know milk is a big no-no for a lot of people.

Comment

Originally posted by Godsmack View Post
      I picked up 3 lbs of the Team Skip blend protein fron TN with the basic Chocolate flavoring to save a few bucks. I now realize How wrong I was to not spend the extra coin for the Premium flavor. Do you guys have any tips to help boost the taste some? I love the mixability, but the flavor is just not there.

J
      Try the vanilla or chocolate flavored almond milk. Should do the trick and is low cal.
      SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

I did the same thing, Godsmack. Putting a little extra Splenda in mine helps a bit. I'd order some flavor packs and add just enough to pick up the taste.
        http://truenutrition.com/c-101-flavor-systems.aspx
        Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
        kind of a douche

Comment

You can also use fat free/sugar free jello instant pudding....comes in a bunch of flavors and works very well.
          Heckman aka "WISE" OLD MAN

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I'll be trying the almond milk gimmick first.

J
            "No man ever won a war by dieing for his county. He did it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his."

George Patton

Comment

Originally posted by Heckman View Post
              You can also use fat free/sugar free jello instant pudding....comes in a bunch of flavors and works very well.
              I've done this and the splendia and a few times and also thought i worked great. With vanilla powder I'd add some crystal lite.

~Joe
              Joe

Contest History:
              2017 Muscle Heat - 2nd Place Masters 40+ HWT & 3rd Place LHW
              2017 Gold's Classic - 3rd Place Masters 40+ HWT & 4th Place LHW
              2016 GK Classic - 1st Place MW & 4th Place Masters 40+
              2016 Charlotte Europa - 3rd Place MW & 1st Place Masters 35+
              2015 Mid-Atlantic Classic - 4th Place LHW & 4th Place Masters 40+ HWY
              2014 Muscle Heat Classic - 4th Place LHW & 4th Place Masters 35+ HWY

Comment

I mix it with Sobe Life Water to get more flavor w/o the calories. I've found that any of the flavors of both the Sobe and TN pro work well together (but people tell me I drink gross shakes).
                2014 Greater Gulf States 2nd WPD Class B
                2010 Jr. USA 2nd LHW
                2009 Houston Pro/Am 1st LHW & Overall (Am)
                2008 Jr. Nationals 5th LHW
                2007 Greater Gulf States 1st LHW
                2007 LA Championships 1st LHW & Overall

Comment

I am a huge fan of the Vitamin Water Zero. I have used zthat for mixing unflavored BCAA poweder before and found that it worked great.

Today after my workout I tried the Chocolate almond milk from Almond Breeze and it make it much tastier. I can still gulp it down with water as I did yesterday, but why not take advantage of these new gimmicks if they are available to me?

J

George Patton

Comment

Working...
                  X