Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• phoenix13
    replied
    I happened to stumble across this topic elsewhere recently, and here's a little info I got, some y'all have already mentioned. It could be:

- inadequate hydration
    - eating too much protein
    - consuming certain amino acids (I can go back and list specifically, if you want)
    - kidney issues (blood work recommended, if not done recently)
    - low carbs/ketosis (not an issue for you)
    - cortisol elevation

Leave a comment:

• TLopez
    replied
    My sweat smells like See's candy and long stem roses on Valentine's day. Ya'll is gross.

Leave a comment:

• gsop_3
    replied
    d
    Originally posted by Jen View Post
    I have experienced this as well and noticed it on lower carb weeks. It never seems to last for more than a few days at most.
    So, if that's true for you, maybe I need more carbs than just pre/post workout...
    Though I've not been journaling my diet, that's the only time I've been taking in carbs as of late. (though, I thought it was a lot.)
    ...trying the nutrient timing thing.:yippee:

Leave a comment:

• gsop_3
    replied
    Originally posted by Sammich View Post
    You're not drinking Windex, are you?
    LOL...no need to drink the Windex...My body seems to be making it's own!
    So...I did notice my sweat cleans my glasses quite nicely now.

Leave a comment:

• Jen
    replied
    ^^ ha.. I actually wondered if spilled a cleaning product the first time that happened

Leave a comment:

• Sammich
    replied
    You're not drinking Windex, are you?

Leave a comment:

• Jen
    replied
    I have experienced this as well and noticed it on lower carb weeks. It never seems to last for more than a few days at most.

Leave a comment:

• LG1
    replied
    It could be too much protein powder/amino consumption too...

I remember seeing a thread on this earlier this year.

Leave a comment:

• gsop_3
    replied
    LG1, I think you're correct. That (ketosis) was when I first noticed it with me...this would reasonably happen during ketosis since the lack of glucose for energy to supply the brain,
    the higher level of dietary amino acids being broken down to compensate would cause the excess of urea (ammonia)...at least according to the article.

Yet, I'm no where near ketosis right now as I'm gaining weight and eating plenty of carbs.
    ...so, it seems to me, there must be other scenarios in which this can occur.

I'm definitely no expert but want to share and discuss the idea and possible solutions. :-)

Leave a comment:

• LG1
    replied
    I thought this was a byproduct of being in ketosis.

Leave a comment:

• gsop_3
    started a topic Ammonia Body Odor??

Ammonia Body Odor??

Not sure if anyone else has experienced this or currently does...I've been noticing it for a while.
    Late into my lifting or long cardio sessions, my sweat begins to smell like ammonia - like so strong it burns my eyes!
    What the heck!
    So, after doing a search, I came across this article over at bodybuilding.com...

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/ammonia.htm

Seems to come down to a nitrogen deficiency and breakdown of amino acids creating the urea and the kidneys not being able to clear it fast enough so its released in the sweat.

Any thoughts on this? Suggestions beyond what the article says? Do I need more carbs before or maybe during my sessions?
    Maybe some supplementation ideas? Maybe shorter sessions? (Currently about 2+ hours per session)

Currently, I'm drinking around 3 liters of water during...Pre w/o is 6oz. coffee, 5g creatine, 5g BCAA, 1000mg Niacin and a snickers.
    The last solid meal before lifting (about 2 hours prior) is usually 500g chicken or pork with a lot of rice and veggies...I'm always VERY full and sleepy from this meal.
Working...
X