Daa/dim+zma/gaba

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daa/dim+zma/gaba

Just curious if anyone has supp'd these simultaneously and if so what were the results? Should they be cycled or used continuously? Also, would diphenhydramine (antihistamine) or melatonin adversely affect the GABA/ZMA before bed? I've read the results on DAA/DIM but haven't found anything about all of them together...also, I'm asking for input as an un-gear'd lifter. I apologize if this thread is redundant...if so, please point me in the relevant direction.
    Unless a man undertakes more than he can possibly do, he will never do all he can.

Unfathomable progress is the result of consistent, daily steps toward a single goal

Originally posted by gsop_3 View Post
    Just curious if anyone has supp'd these simultaneously and if so what were the results? Should they be cycled or used continuously? Also, would diphenhydramine (antihistamine) or melatonin adversely affect the GABA/ZMA before bed? I've read the results on DAA/DIM but haven't found anything about all of them together...also, I'm asking for input as an un-gear'd lifter. I apologize if this thread is redundant...if so, please point me in the relevant direction.
    I have used DAA before. I liked how it made me feel, but didn't get bloodwork done... might have raised test... might have been placebo.

I can't comment on DIM. I've never used it, and I hear mixed reviews. Everything from "it's just as good as a prescription AI" to "it's just as good as a capsule of potato starch" (nearly worthless).

As for GABA, I didn't notice any better sleep from it. It makes you a bit tingly, though, so umm... that feels kind of cool.

ZMA I'm a big fan of. I take it any time I can afford it. I think zinc is one of the best things for you to be taking, as it is good for healthy hormone levels, good for the immune system, etc. In other words, I believe it is good for overall health, not just bodybuilding.

As for diphenhydramine (Benadryl, Unisom, etc.), it is safe to take with ZMA, and I'd imagine safe with GABA as well. Melatonin I would say has the same level of safety.

I hope this helps.

EDIT: After re-reading your question again (for about the 5th time... im slow), I figured I would throw in some clarity on a couple points:

Using all four together (even along with diphenhydramine and melatonin) should be perfectly safe, though I doubt that is the secret formula for massive natural recovery and growth. (note, I said I DOUBT that... it still could be for you.)

I DO believe in cycling all of the above, if you are going to use them. 4-8 weeks at a time, and take 2-4 weeks off, and do it again is probably a decent rule of thumb. But you can play with those time frames to adjust it to YOU. The possible exception is ZMA, which you can probably use year round. I use it almost all year (as long as I can afford it).

If it were me... based on my personal experience. I would probably use DAA and ZMA. Occasionally I would use diphenhydramine to help with sleep... or with allergies. The rest of it, I would leave on the shelf at the store.

As the Hodge twins would say "But hey, that's just advice. you do what the FUCK you wanna do!" ;-)
    MyTMouse
    Bantamweight Member
    Last edited by MyTMouse; 09-30-2014, 03:15 PM.
    My intro thread: http://intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=49855

Comment

Wow! MyTMouse, thanks for the really thorough response!

Now that you've said that, I'll share a bit more. So far I've just started the ZMA/GABA in the evenings and just as you've said, the GABA makes me tingly which is pretty cool but didn't seem to improve the quality of my sleep...in fact, the first three nights or so, I'd say I actually slept worse, if you can imagine that... Though, last night my allergies were acting up, as they always do this time of year. So, I took a diphenhydramine and sleep was deep with quite lucid dreaming. (bonus!) So, either GABA with diphenhydramine OR diphenhydramine by itself improved my sleep (which it always does) ...hmmmmm...looks like GABA may just be good for the tingly feeling (for me)...who knows without proper blood work though. Oh, well...I have it now so I might as well use it up. I've got 60 days worth.

Based on your suggestion, I think I'll continue with the ZMA at least for the overall health benefits and pick up some DAA...I'll get some blood work done and do a little "test"ing on myself if I can find a trustworthy place here in China. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks again for the response! :-) :-)
      Unless a man undertakes more than he can possibly do, he will never do all he can.

Unfathomable progress is the result of consistent, daily steps toward a single goal

Comment

Originally posted by gsop_3 View Post
        Wow! MyTMouse, thanks for the really thorough response!

Now that you've said that, I'll share a bit more. So far I've just started the ZMA/GABA in the evenings and just as you've said, the GABA makes me tingly which is pretty cool but didn't seem to improve the quality of my sleep...in fact, the first three nights or so, I'd say I actually slept worse, if you can imagine that... Though, last night my allergies were acting up, as they always do this time of year. So, I took a diphenhydramine and sleep was deep with quite lucid dreaming. (bonus!) So, either GABA with diphenhydramine OR diphenhydramine by itself improved my sleep (which it always does) ...hmmmmm...looks like GABA may just be good for the tingly feeling (for me)...who knows without proper blood work though. Oh, well...I have it now so I might as well use it up. I've got 60 days worth.

Based on your suggestion, I think I'll continue with the ZMA at least for the overall health benefits and pick up some DAA...I'll get some blood work done and do a little "test"ing on myself if I can find a trustworthy place here in China. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks again for the response! :-) :-)
        ZMA use will sometimes be accompanied by very vivid dreams/lucid dreams. It is pretty common, in fact. So that is your most likely source for that side effect. I'm with you on taking the GABA since you already bought it. You might as well. But I personally wouldnt buy any more, unless you feel like it really is benefiting you.

The DAA is worth a shot in my opinion. I felt really good on 3-6 grams per day. 3g per day is probably enough, especially for first time use.

Enjoy, and keep us updated.
        My intro thread: http://intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=49855

Comment

Just wanted to update here...Seems I'll be waiting for Christmas to get the DAA/DIM ordered and will begin after the New Year. Still working on finding a place to get the proper blood work done.

Been consistently taking the ZMA every night and sleep has been AWESOME!
          gsop_3
          Lightweight Member
          Last edited by gsop_3; 11-08-2014, 08:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X