Post Workout Meal ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post Workout Meal ?

I need some ideas for a good post workout meal. My main problem is that I train from 9pm-10pm, it's the very last thing i do for the day. I'm stuck with this for now due to work and having young kids. So here is what I have tried..

I either take creatine or I will mix my protein with apple juice so i get the benefits from the fast acting carbs. After that is where I'm kind lost I guess. I've tried a shake with rice cakes ( usually wake up starving in a few hours )Recently I've been having talapia and I can tell a difference, but I'm not sure what to have with it. I'm trying to keep it simple so i can get to bed before 11pm, but I always pre cook my meals anyway.

Any help is greatly appreciated
    Back in the Game

2006 OCB Richmond 4th
    2006 OCB Pittsburgh 1st
    2007 OCB Richmond 6th
    2007 OCB Pittsburgh 4th

2015 Spartan Sprint OH 82nd out of 2500 Aroo!

Half a box of kids cereal or a box of pop tarts and a protein shake would make a hell of a meal at that time, I would think.
    2010 NPC North Star

Comment

Originally posted by Macho Man View Post
      Half a box of kids cereal or a box of pop tarts and a protein shake would make a hell of a meal at that time, I would think.
      I'm a fan of the new Poppin' Pebbles cereal. Those frosted krispy popping bits are good enough that I want to reach into the box and pick them out like a 5 year old.
      #docswholift
      PGY-1 FM
      "No idea is above scrutiny and no people are beneath dignity." -Maajid Nawaz

Comment

Mine varies a bit. Usually 75-100 grams of simple carbs, and 50-75 grams of whey.

The 50-75 grams of whey is pretty much in stone. But the carbs, sometimes I get them from a Maltodextrin and table sugar blend that I make. Sometimes I use pure dextrose. Sometimes I'll eat Nerds candies, or Skittles... some other low fat candy.
        My intro thread: http://intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=49855

Comment

Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
          kind of a douche

Comment

After the pwo drink with carbs and protein etc. I have a grilled chicken breast with veggies and fruit.
            SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

I'm a fan of cinnamon rolls personally.
              Owner of 316FIT and Team Skip Approved Trainer

Instagram: @jaredragsdale
              FB: www.fb.com/jared.ragsdale
              www.316fit.com
              Email: [email protected]

Comment

Wow, thanks for all the ideas. Some good stuff...
                Back in the Game

2006 OCB Richmond 4th
                2006 OCB Pittsburgh 1st
                2007 OCB Richmond 6th
                2007 OCB Pittsburgh 4th

2015 Spartan Sprint OH 82nd out of 2500 Aroo!

Comment

Working...
                X