Tommie Copper compression sleeves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tommie Copper compression sleeves

Has anyone used the copper infused compression sleeves? Was it of benefit?

From what I read, the main benefits come from regular ol' compression, and anything from the copper is mainly placebo (though any added help is fine by me). My understanding is that the "backed by science" advertisement is referring to the antimicrobial nature of copper, which has nothing to do with what the product is claiming to do.
    2014 Greater Gulf States 2nd WPD Class B
    2010 Jr. USA 2nd LHW
    2009 Houston Pro/Am 1st LHW & Overall (Am)
    2008 Jr. Nationals 5th LHW
    2007 Greater Gulf States 1st LHW
    2007 LA Championships 1st LHW & Overall

Copper is not a placebo! I found a penny from 1942 the other day and Abe's face hadn't changed a bit.
    2010 NPC North Star

Comment

I was a given a pair of these about a month ago and first and foremost, they are comfortable and I like the way they feel. In any case, I have noticed on Chest/Shoulder day, my elbow does not hurt (as much) since I started using these.

Now, with that said, when doing tris/bis, I feel a significantly more discomfort (not necessarily pain) than on any other day (specifically when working the tri directly--probably not a coincidence there).

When compared to my other sleeves, these "seem" to keep the discomfort down (or less than the other sleeves)--perhaps placebo...but I will take less discomfort regardless--especially since I didn't purchase them.

-s
      "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a pussy."

"Carry 24/7 or guess right."

"There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion."

"993 yo f9t[n9y[I8itineraryBMiy v][/t u 98 oh 99 u]y8y u[/hy jyip NH j o have I h"

Comment

Jimmy used to use them when he was playing for the Vikings. He loved them. He didn't ask me about them (what I thought of them) until after he stopped playing. When I told him it was all bullshit, he asked me why I didn't tell him sooner. I didn't tell him because he believed they worked and, honestly, that is good enough.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
        Instagram: @intensemuscle
        YouTube: TEAMSKIP
        TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Thanks guys! That's all I needed to hear. Placebo or not, I'll take it. I'm going to order a knee sleeve and will follow up with feedback after I've had a chance to test it out for a while.
          2010 Jr. USA 2nd LHW

Comment

It appears more like silky smooth material as opposed to a neoprene type of material that provides warm and some support.
            SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

Originally posted by LG1 View Post
              It appears more like silky smooth material as opposed to a neoprene type of material that provides warm and some support.
              It's more like a stocking, from what I can tell (similar to compression stockings used in the medical field). Support is minimal, but it does provide some. Reviewers noted that getting a little extra support WITHOUT the restriction of motion that comes with neoprene sleeves was a benefit. Weightlifters sometimes want the resistance that comes with the sleeves, but my interest is not in that context. I want to use it for running and agility drills.

The research is mixed, but there is evidence that wearing compression garments during exercise increases venous blood flow, which in turn improves recovery by more efficiently removing lactic acid and increasing the supply of oxygen rich blood in the area. (I got this from an article that has some abbreviated citations for the studies - for anyone wanting to see the actual studies, I can provide more info.) There is also some evidence of it reducing swelling through the compression, as well as functioning as a sort of shock absorber (the latter being the socks and lower body garments used in running).
              2010 Jr. USA 2nd LHW

Comment

You will look great in that silky stocking D :-)

Would like to hear your feedback once you've had a chance to use it.
                SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

Originally posted by LG1 View Post
                  You will look great in that silky stocking D :-)

Would like to hear your feedback once you've had a chance to use it.
                  Sporty-hose. Panty hose for real athletes.
                  2010 Jr. USA 2nd LHW

Comment

I have the elbow sleeves, no support, just keep them.warm after icy/hot application .

Comment

Originally posted by RobbHensel View Post
                      I have the elbow sleeves, no support, just keep them.warm after icy/hot application .
                      Thanks for posting, Robb.

I just ordered 2 of the recovery knee sleeves. They give a 60 day no questions asked refund if unsatisfied, free shipping if you buy 2+, $10 off each additional item, and I had a 15% off coupon...so I have little to lose if I notice no benefit.
                      2010 Jr. USA 2nd LHW

Comment

IMO the titanium necklaces, physio tape, magnets, etc. are all gimmicks. No value. EXCEPT The only thing they work on is your brain. So, if you believe they work, then they do. But only because the brain is more powerful than any of us can understand. Sometimes ignorance is bliss. Next time, don't ask, just wear them and believe it :-)

ps. I have a side gig and my buddy and I purchased the same exact titanium necklaces from China that is used by the biggest name titanium necklace company around. They cost us about 50 cents each but sell for 40 bucks. All this stuff is no different than the Magic 8 Ball, Ouiji Boards and Mood rings.
                        Swaminator
                        Intense Muscle Competitor
                        Last edited by Swaminator; 09-24-2014, 12:57 AM.
                        Family Guy but also; Old School SoCal, punk rock loving, powerlifting, hardcore gym rat. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtLQ73EutoY

Comment

Originally posted by Swaminator View Post
                          IMO the titanium necklaces, physio tape, magnets, etc. are all gimmicks. No value. EXCEPT The only thing they work on is your brain. So, if you believe they work, then they do. But only because the brain is more powerful than any of us can understand. Sometimes ignorance is bliss. Next time, don't ask, just wear them and believe it :-)

ps. I have a side gig and my buddy and I purchased the same exact titanium necklaces from China that is used by the biggest name titanium necklace company around. They cost us about 50 cents each but sell for 40 bucks. All this stuff is no different than the Magic 8 Ball, Ouiji Boards and Mood rings.
                          So, what you're saying is that your side business is to sell people a product that you think is complete bullshit, at a ridiculous mark up? Seems pretty legit/noble. Do you guys have any snake oil or pills to grow my dick I can buy?
                          2010 NPC North Star

Comment

The mind and belief are very powerful. I am more than happy to reap benefits, even if it's all placebo...however, I am pretty open about whether or not the copper infusion will add to the effect. Maybe I should have started with regular sleeves and then compared. But where's the mystery and excitement in that?

As an aside, I ordered 2 days ago and have yet to receive a confirmation email or shipping email, which is odd in this day and age. I need to find out if I screwed up or if it's on their end.
                            2010 Jr. USA 2nd LHW

Comment

Originally posted by Macho Man View Post
                              So, what you're saying is that your side business is to sell people a product that you think is complete bullshit, at a ridiculous mark up? Seems pretty legit/noble. Do you guys have any snake oil or pills to grow my dick I can buy?
                              Answer: YES, absolutely. We even market the necklaces with humor involved. We state they can cure erectile problems, make you smarter, get your wife to do anything you want, makes you more attractive to young hot chicks, help you dance etc. But we have a disclaimer *statements not evaluated by the FDA :madgrin: Bottom line is guys buy this crap because its fashionable. Also, if you think we are the only guys who sell stuff at a ridiculous mark up I do have some snake oil for you! Welcome to America.

cap·i·tal·ism

noun

an economic and political system in which a country's trade and industry are controlled by private owners for profit, rather than by the state.
                              Family Guy but also; Old School SoCal, punk rock loving, powerlifting, hardcore gym rat. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtLQ73EutoY

Comment

Working...
                              X