Classic Bodybuilding, '15 Arnold Amateur

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classic Bodybuilding, '15 Arnold Amateur

Hotel booked and registration being sent in today... it's getting real. Prep starts three weeks from Monday and here are some pictures of the overall winners from the past several years. This is what I have to... no, this is what I'm going to beat. Skip and I surely have our work cut out for us.
    Attached Files

2017 NPC National Championships Classic Physique, Class D - 4th Place
    2017 NPC New England Championships Classic Physique, Class C - 1st Place
    2017 NPC East Coast Cup Classic Physique, Tall Class - 1st Place & Overall
    2015 Arnold Amateur Men's Classic Bodybuilding, Tall Class - 4th Place
    2013 NPC Europa Battle of Champions - 1st Place Novice Heavyweight, 2nd Place Open Light-Heavyweight

good luck!
    #docswholift
    PGY-1 FM
    "No idea is above scrutiny and no people are beneath dignity." -Maajid Nawaz

Comment

That's awesome, moco! I didn't know that category existed in the NPC.
      2014 Greater Gulf States 2nd WPD Class B
      2010 Jr. USA 2nd LHW
      2009 Houston Pro/Am 1st LHW & Overall (Am)
      2008 Jr. Nationals 5th LHW
      2007 Greater Gulf States 1st LHW
      2007 LA Championships 1st LHW & Overall

Comment

Good luck with the prep! Need to keep a journal so we can follow along.

How tall are you and what weight do you have to make for this division?
        6/22/13 - 2013 NPC VICTORY CLASSIC
        1st - Novice Men's Lightheavy & Novice overall

Comment

I'm 6'0", so based on the conversion chart I can weigh a maximum of 200.6 lbs.

At 19 weeks out during my last prep I weighed 213 and ended up weighing in for the contest at 194.

Right now I'm sitting at 220, but bigger and leaner than what I was at 213. So I think I'm in a good place.

If there's interest in a journal then I will definitely keep one.

2013 NPC Europa Battle of Champions - 1st Place Novice Heavyweight, 2nd Place Open Light-Heavyweight

Comment

Here is 19 weeks out and 1 week out from when I competed in June of 2013. I'll get a starting pic for this prep up once I officially start.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by phoenix13 View Post
              That's awesome, moco! I didn't know that category existed in the NPC.
              This is what's cool about this.

The Arnold Amateur is an international competition, so any of the IFBB amateur organization (not the IFBB Pro league, which is what we think of in the U.S. when we hear IFBB) divisions can be held there. The guy with the crazy glutes is Italian, for instance.

I'd love to see a shitload of American Physique competitors storm that show...

-S
              The Book Has Arrived!
              The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
              2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
              2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

The guy with the crazy glutes...
                Holy Shredded Glutes, Batman!! Now we know where the phrase "punkin' butt" comes from!
                Unless a man undertakes more than he can possibly do, he will never do all he can.

Unfathomable progress is the result of consistent, daily steps toward a single goal

Comment

This has been my goal for a few years now (used to compete as a heavy but don't like being big any more)
                  Every year I get a little smaller and closer to the limit.
                  This year I competed and won at 185b (not super lean at all) but for this class I need to be 170lb!
                  Currently 187lb and 8% so if I can keep chipping away hopefully it happens.
                  Good luck!

Comment

Good luck bro!!!!

Im doing the UKBFF classic class next year! qualifier in june/july with the finals in october! 5ft 10Inch here so the heaviest i can be on stage in 13st 2lbs (184lbs).

Also dont want/cant be adding more size anymore at 42 with previous health problems so its all about condition (have already contacted Skip ;-) ). Im normally around 204lbs year round at 8/9% body fat so also in a good place!

Classics - its the way forward! haha

Stew
                    Some people are so afraid of dying they never actually start living.

Comment

Saturday morning secondary push session in our new basement set-up.

[YOUTUBE]V9lwWB23Ps0[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

I am very much looking forward to this prep.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
                        Instagram: @intensemuscle
                        YouTube: TEAMSKIP
                        TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

I am 6 ft 2 so I will be following along closely! you have a very aesthetic look and I wish you the best with reaching your goal!
                          countless hours of preparation, for minutes on stage

Step Back A Second, And See The Big Picture...

Comment

Interesting to see US (?) competitors enter this class, as Classic Bodybuilding has been a staple in amateur IFBB shows here in Europe since 2005-2006. The NPC doesn't seem to have the division in regular shows, though.

Make sure to bring insanely ripped conditioning. The Arnold Amateur is judged by an international panel, and dry conditioning is always the #1 criterion they go for in this class. I've competed at the IFBB World Championships in Classic Bodybuilding myself, and the top guys are always shredded beyond belief while maxing out the height-weight limit.

Anyway, good luck with your prep!

Comment

How is the prep going?
                              6/22/13 - 2013 NPC VICTORY CLASSIC
                              1st - Novice Men's Lightheavy & Novice overall

Comment

Working...
                              X