Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with nutrition and workouts for BJJ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• phoenix13
    replied
    Welcome back x2. I'm glad you're on the upside, but sorry that you are still struggling. One day at a time.

What is your training looking like now? How many days/hours a week for the BJJ, or have you stopped completely?

I never trained BJJ, but was devoted to shotokan karate, and for a lesser time also judo (before starting BBing). Any suggestions I give will be assuming some similarities of training.

In terms of training, I was taught to just train more karate if I had any extra energy for anything, and that in itself provided the conditioning. If you are maxed out on BJJ training, or feel more wouldn't accomplish what you need, jumping rope, bodyweight exercises and jogging/running could supplement the training. Lots of stretching, before and after training.

That may all be putting the cart before the horse. If you're eating like shit, just clean it up. Eat "like a bodybuilder" but not for size. Quality food. You'll drop some weight just by doing that, and that will likely make you feel better and improve your endurance.

Leave a comment:

• babygetoboy
    replied
    Great to be seen again. I've really fallen out of fitness completely. Got addicted to hard drugs , stopped working out and treated me body awful. Thank god I am now almost 5 years sober but now my body is in awful shape and I eat garbage day in and day out.

I have been doing jiu jitsu for a bit and love it but stopped recently because my endurance was so frustrating.

I also feel terrible all the time, so stiff everything hurts and I hate myself now especially since I used to be pretty big and muscular.

But its really good to be back and see some familiar faces.

Leave a comment:

• Ken "Skip" Hill
    replied
    Holy shit. I saw your name in the "current posts" and figured I would check you out and let you know it is great to see you here again.

When you say overall fitness, what exactly are you looking to get our of your training?

Skip

Leave a comment:

• babygetoboy
    started a topic Help with nutrition and workouts for BJJ?

Help with nutrition and workouts for BJJ?

Hi everyone, I am transitioning from my past doing bodybuilding workouts and am starting to focus on overall fitness and dropping some weight and trying to become the best at jiu jitsu as I can. Does anyone have some help at all? I really am not sure what to do as I have only ever done bodybuilding workouts.

Thanks a lot in advance, years ago I was very active in this board and I look forward to hopefully getting involved again as I've put on a lot of fat.
Working...
X