Steve holmans 4x mixed with dc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve holmans 4x mixed with dc

After a while without dc training, and a lust for som real progression i wanted to start with the 2 day spilt...but unfortunatly i managed to get å shoulder pain ( had for many years ago, but came back, due to stupidy as always..)

So i had to scratch that idea and do something else while i did the broomstick rehab, and avoided all exercises that caused pain. Hard but thhe best cure.

Well, i did 4x... And used the 3 way split. Logbook and just progressed with 4 sets of 10, 30seconds between each set. Once i got 10 or more on the last set, increase weight.

It has worked very well, considering it has progression, but the short rest and the goal of 10 reps on the last set limits the weights and makes it possible to stay painfree.

When the pain is gone, ill consider the 2 way again.

Only things i can do that hits chest is mediuim grip decline press, closegrip bench and weightd dips... No peckdeck, wider presses or flyes, pr any shoulder press. Just laterals and uprigth rows.

So i though...i cannot use a proper dc program, so do something else.

I really recommend a 3-4 day split with this, and a bit more volume if you have to recover from an injury and cannot do dc for a while. It has prgrossiion, although not so atrength oriented, it builds muscle

WB,

I can't tell from your post: How is what you did a blend of Holman's program with Doggcrapp?... (Where's the DC component?)

-S
    Last edited by homonunculus; 08-15-2014, 10:19 PM.
    The Book Has Arrived!
    The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
    2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
    2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

I'm doing something similiar. I'm using Steve Holmans TORQ for my DC program. TORQ is basically the same as DC rest pause except with a much higher rep range. It goes 30,20,15 reps for a 65rep RP total. Ron Harris had great success with DC but switched to TORQ reps when he got into his 40s and joint problems called for lighter weights. I got the idea since I'm 42 and very prone to CNS burnout. Muscle growth and poundage progression has been great so far for me and blasts last more than twice as long. The burn on high reps is a mofo though.

Comment

...and i got lost in my own words as usual....mix was just the split, and exercise rotation. Considering i did this with higher volume, i only rotated the compound movments .

So the headline is a bit misleading...

Comment

A three way push / pull / legs split is hardly unique to DC, for what it's worth. (All due respect to Dante and DC training.)

It's like referring to anything with four wheels as a Cadillac. LOL

-S
          The Book Has Arrived!
          The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
          2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
          2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

Nice metaphor HM,
            And thanks to someone for moving this thread,

I should have called it " steve holmans 4x" is excellent for old farts(im getting there) with injuries, and need a nice system for progression" :-)

I've kept a beachbody like 8-10% for a few years now, time to gain again, staying on low bodyfat without gear lead nowhere..

And considering dc put the most mass on i shortest time, but the shoulder crashed the plans.. Well one finds alternatives:-)

Gaining size again:-)

And i found a great app for iphone, gymbuddy!
            You can totally customize, and it has 3 customizeable stop watch timers on the same page you note sets and reps for an exercise.

Ive already made a 2 day dc split, if /when my shoulder heals up:-)
            Last edited by woodbear; 08-16-2014, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by homonunculus View Post
              A three way push / pull / legs split is hardly unique to DC, for what it's worth. (All due respect to Dante and DC training.)

It's like referring to anything with four wheels as a Cadillac. LOL

-S
              I do a modified DC training program. It's essentially the 3 way split (with no widowmakers, just 1 RP set) 3 on 1 off. Only modification is I do my RP sets like a dropset. I take alittle weight off for each one , so my reps look like 10,6,6. I prefer the higher reps. Looking to try adding in widowmakers to see if I can progress. So ya it's push/pull/legs, one of the most popular split ever

Comment

Check out Scott's e-book on his "Fortitude Training". One of my favorite components is the "muscle round" sets which is a type of cluster set. This type of set structure has allowed me to once again move decent poundages without the CNS burnout, and without less-than-perfect reps that occur with higher rep sets.

Comment

Working...
                X