Changes coming to IM in early September - Please Read

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changes coming to IM in early September - Please Read

I am currently discussing my ideas and changes that I want to start making to IM in a little over a month. The Summer is slow time for message boards in general and I am traveling quite a bit in August along with my oldest daughter getting married on Labor Day. After that, timing is great to start making some changes here to get traffic up and get more attention for IM again.

We have been around for over 10 years and our popularity peaked in the industry from about 06 to about 10 and has slowly started to fade since then. I admit that part of this is because of my not having the time to pour into it as I did during those peak years AND I did not put a huge effort into getting solid help by adding people to the team that have the time and motivation to really pour themselves into making the site better, either. Life gets in the way but I am going to be making a lot of changes starting this fall and the goal is during the next year, having this site traffic back to the level it was during those peak years.

If you are interested in being a part of helping the site move forward and renew the site again and increase daily traffic, please let me know. In fairness to me, please do not contact me unless you are committed or can commit to helping out on an almost daily basis here. I have had these types of commitments in the past and it does the site or myself absolutely no good, at all. I need people with energy and commitment. There is a lot of relevant info here at IM but I want to add to this and make IM relevant in the industry again, as it was not long ago. I feel strongly that this can happen or I wouldn't even bother with investing the time because it is a hell of a commitment on my end when I have a booming business that, quite honestly, will continue to thrive with or without IM.

I love this place and believe that we can be relevant again so even if you cannot help or don't have the time to be a part of the team here, please be a part of the community itself and contribute your feedback and questions through posting and interaction here. I appreciate all members that are respectful and offer positive and constructive feedback for the site.

We will continue to be a no bullshit site that does not tolerate trolling or disrespect of any kind. There is room for us in the industry and we have already proved that. I hope you continue to be a part of IM as we move forward into 2015.

Thanks,
    Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
    Instagram: @intensemuscle
    YouTube: TEAMSKIP
    TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

I have already spoken to Skip about my wanting to help out the Doggpound and any other threads where my nonsense might be needed lol. Dante, Skip and this forum/website and all those involved have impacted my life in such a great way I will definitely hang around and help out in any capacity I can. I shouldn't have been away so long in the first place..won't go away like that again!

looking forward to meeting new and seeing old friends...ok well i'm the only old one lol.

jimpaul
    ain't it the shit? Just wait til you guys/gals see some of the strength jumps lol..and the size you put on!
    Good luck
    Jimpaul/Newtoketo

EAT BIG, LIFT BIG AND GET BIG...SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN

USE TRUENUTRITION.COM FOR ALL YOUR
    SUPPLEMENTAL NEEDS!!
    TO GET MY DISCOUNT USE Jat338

Comment

And it is great to see you back around, JimPaul.

It is weird because in the last year I have seen names pop up that haven't been here in YEARS and yet they come back around to see how things are going. It occurred to me that after being gone so long these people likely came back to the internet boards to check out what is going on and their first visit, or at least one of their visits, was here to IntenseMuscle.com. That says something.

Really looking forward to getting moving on the site again.

Skip

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

one of the most information packed Boards out there!

Comment

SKIP,

I've taken a hiatus but recently my goals have changed probably for the long haul, also as a friend I'd love to help as much as possible

Comment

I'm back! Might even start a new journal ~
            "This is your life. It is the only one you get. So no excuses, and no do-overs. If you make a mistake or fail at something you learn from it, you get over it and you move on. Your job is to be the very best person you can be and to never settle for anything less."
            ~ Ann Richards, former TX governor

Comment

Over the last several years, multiple competitions, and bouts of DC, I think I have posted all of three times. Each time I consider responding I usually stay quiet and say to myself, someone more reputable, more experienced, more etc. will answer it and answer it better than myself. Despite the fact that IM is the first page I check each A.M. and the last in the P.M. I have not made an effort to offer anything to the community and I am sure that there are a lot of others like myself out there. So to the point, I think a big thing that could greatly improve the boards is if people (like myself) would chime in more often, plus it could take a lot of the pressure off the roundtable / major posters to have to respond to even some of the more basic questions.

Comment

Originally posted by chaotic inertia View Post
                Over the last several years, multiple competitions, and bouts of DC, I think I have posted all of three times. Each time I consider responding I usually stay quiet and say to myself, someone more reputable, more experienced, more etc. will answer it and answer it better than myself. Despite the fact that IM is the first page I check each A.M. and the last in the P.M. I have not made an effort to offer anything to the community and I am sure that there are a lot of others like myself out there. So to the point, I think a big thing that could greatly improve the boards is if people (like myself) would chime in more often, plus it could take a lot of the pressure off the roundtable / major posters to have to respond to even some of the more basic questions.
                So basically the drop in traffic and attention is your fault.
                Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
                kind of a douche

Comment

Originally posted by Sammich View Post
                  Exactly. This explains a lot. Thanks a lot.

lol

Skip

Comment

Originally posted by chaotic inertia View Post
                    All kidding aside, your point is a valid one. Post and encourage others to, as well.

Skip

Comment

Originally posted by Sammich View Post
                      Forgot to mention global warming and gluten intolerance, as I am directly responsible for them as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
                        All kidding aside, your point is a valid one. Post and encourage others to, as well.

Skip
                        Agreed, what actually spawned this thought was a week or so ago when someone posted the Google Site: search command. I had been looking for an old Dante post regarding Traps and Rack Pulls for a couple years. It had somehow evaded me until that post appeared and in one search on the google site it worked (for some reason the IM search function never yielded me the right result). While that search function may have seemed obvious to 99% of the people, it totally blew my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by RobbHensel View Post
                          SKIP,

I've taken a hiatus but recently my goals have changed probably for the long haul, also as a friend I'd love to help as much as possible
                          Awesome!

Skip

Comment

Originally posted by bankerbabe75 View Post
                            I'm back! Might even start a new journal ~
                            Double awesome! (no offense to you Robb lol )

Skip

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
                              Double awesome! (no offense to you Robb lol )

Skip
                              Yeah she's hotter I get it......

Comment

Working...
                              X