No announcement yet.

Deload, Detrain, Decondition…Defeated?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deload, Detrain, Decondition…Defeated?

It happens to all of us at some point. We suffer an injury, take a long trip or vacation, or even experience true overtraining (1–3), leaving essentially no choice but to take a break from training. The cards are dealt and you’re handed the most dreaded of fates—the “D word” (detraining).

http://articles.elitefts.com/trainin...tion-defeated/

-S
    The Book Has Arrived!
    The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
    2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
    2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

I love you, Scott.
    Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
    kind of a douche

Comment

I needed this.

Also working my through all your stuff on Johns site..mother of god it hurts to read..

The process
      -Read a sentence...wtf does that word mean
      -Dictionary.com
      -huh..still doesnt make sense..
      -Google said word in a sentence...GOT IT
      -Finish rest of paragraph...barely grasping it all (cliffhanger Stallone style clinging on)
      -Next Paragraph
      -Oh shit references - 'clicks it' WTF do these hyragliphics mean..
      -Google.com - P < 0.01 -- no results fool
      -Skip over the meaningless symbols of the study (because they are clearly not relevant...right!?..RIGHT!?)
      -Back to paragraph.. Repeat steps above.

Seriously, and I mean this with all greatest respect, I read your articles quite a number of times more than any others..and often refer back to them when needed for clients/programming etc.

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2
      martin_h
      Middleweight Member
      Last edited by martin_h; 05-21-2014, 10:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by martin_h View Post
        I needed this.

Also working my through all your stuff on Johns site..mother of god it hurts to read..

The process
        -Dictionary.com
        -Finish rest of paragraph...barely grasping it all (cliffhanger Stallone style clinging on)
        -Next Paragraph
        -Skip over the meaningless symbols of the study (because they are clearly not relevant...right!?..RIGHT!?)

Seriously, and I mean this with all greatest respect, I read your articles quite a number of times more than any others..and often refer back to them when needed for clients/programming etc.

Fucking lol! That's how I felt when I started reading papers in grad school. The good news is if you keep doing exactly what you're doing, you will learn a LOOOOOOOOOOOOT.
        Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
        kind of a douche

Comment

Interesting read. Looking forward to part 2...
          SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

Originally posted by Sammich View Post
            I love you, Scott.

Roses sent.

Originally posted by martin_h View Post
            I needed this.

The process
            -Dictionary.com
            -Next Paragraph

THanks, man. That's one of the ways I come up with them and VERY often what I do, too. It's a great time saver when I get asked the same questions and gets them a better answer, too.

Also, I can tell who is really digging in on the material / wanting to get and really absorb it, which helps get an idea of who I'm interacting with. I still get asked the same questions - almost all of which have been answered in one or more articles - about peri-workout nutrition. I can copy / paste relevant answers really quickly when that happens, but it also saves me from trying to explain something again in case I did poor job in the articles.

Feel free to ask questions here, too, if you get stuck.

Originally posted by Sammich View Post
            Fucking lol! That's how I felt when I started reading papers in grad school. The good news is if you keep doing exactly what you're doing, you will learn a LOOOOOOOOOOOOT.
            Exactly. Just keep looking stuff up, and be persistent and you'll come up with some very nifty insights over time, the kind that you'd not get from just reading what others say / write. A couple days ago, I spent about 5hr doing this and didn't add to the article in terms of actual words. Last night, I dug back in and shit started coming together really well. I had set the dominos up to fall two days ago, and toppled the first one last night.

Originally posted by LG1 View Post
            Interesting read. Looking forward to part 2...
            Part 2 is much more interesting, IMO.

-S
            The Book Has Arrived!
            The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
            2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
            2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

I can really relate to this article Scott!
              Can't wait for part two!

Comment

Thanks Scott, that was a really enjoyable read. Looking forward to part II.

Comment

Working...
                X