Diet question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diet question

What's up everyone? I have a diet/supplementation question. First off, a bit of background info. I am a natural body builder who has been trying to put on size for the last few years. I am 5'4" and have eaten my way up to 230...albeit a bit on the chunky side. I was putting down a fairly large amount of food with no issues but recently I have been getting full after about my 2nd meal of the day. When I say full i mean I fell like I can't eat another meal or I will puke. This has never happened to me before. I'm in the midst of a heckman flush to see if that helps but about 2 weeks in and I still get full really easy. I am also doing some am cardio to stimulate appetite and metabolism but no dice so far with the fullness issue. The only supplements I take (besides the stuff for the flush) are fish oil, a multi vitamin/mineral and cell tech pwo; I got few cans in the cheap and figured why not give it a go. I have taken creatine mono mixed with Karboload before and haven't had any issues but that's one thing I think might be the culprit here. Has anyone had this issue before and If so what did you do to remedy the situation?
    Thanks!

It could be the creatine and carbs. Have you looked into pre and probiotics? Digestive enzymes? Betaine hcl? I have tried these myself and they usually work. Right now I take a couple of Betaine caps pre and pwo only and it seems to be working.
    SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

No I have not tried nor am I really familiar with probiotics, or any other digestive enzyme; but It feels like food just sits in my stomach for a long time leading me to believe this is a digestion issue. I use to get hungry about an hour and a half to 2 hours after a meal but now...not so much.
      I will look into the probiotics and enzymes. Any you might recommend?

Comment

I like Digest Gold. it's pricey but IMO worth the $$$. Betaine HCL is sold bu NOW and is inexpensive IMO.
        SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

Originally posted by LG1 View Post
          I like Digest Gold. it's pricey but IMO worth the $$$. Betaine HCL is sold bu NOW and is inexpensive IMO.
          NOW Digestive Enzymes are good and True Nutrition has Betaine HCl pretty damn cheap (have some on the way). Nature's Way has several great probiotic products and they are much less expensive than the Digest Gold. I like this one: http://www.naturesway.com/Products/P...us-Optima.aspx
          Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
          2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
          2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Thanks for the info guys. I have always been somewhat skeptical about probiotics. I don’t get how they survive in the low pH of the stomach to get to where they need to be to be effective. Also, if the bacteria do survive and make it to the small intestine and colonize, why do you have to take them on a regular basis following colonization? I once had a physiology professor who swore up and down that probiotics were the biggest rip off ever and said he might believe they would be effective if you administered them rectaly as an enema Lol! Although I think he was trying to get a reaction out of the class with the enema comment, he specializes in neurobiology and how it relates to digestion and the GI system so I tended to believe him.
            I will have to investigate…thanks!

Comment

Jeffro, I just know they helped me immensely when I had a GI infection and was literally on the toilet 20-30 times per day. My gastroenterologist also wants me to keep taking them.

Another suggestion I have is to actually just eat by hunger for a few say or a week. Take it easy on training, like a cruise to let your body recovery, the prolonged stress can cause issues with hunger, and just eat when you feel hungry and don't eat until you are stuffed. just comfortable. I recently has to do this because my appetite was gone completely.

You may also want to vary your macro nutrient sources. I find that if I eat the same thing over and again fro long time I just can't stomach it.

Also consider getting some prebiotic rich food, sauerkraut (the real fermented stuff), kimchi, fermented vegetables, raw jerusalem artichoke and raw garlic.

Drinking kefir, which is rich in probiotics also helps.
              Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
              2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
              2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Yeah, you cant really argue with results even if you cant explain or understand something conceptually. I am definitely going to back off training and eating big for a while and try to "reset" my gut. The funny thing is that I am hungry as hell in the AM, but fill up real quick. Even drinking fluids makes me feel bloated and "water logged" for extended periods of time. Way longer than it should take for just fluid to pass through the stomach.

Comment

From my experience i can say that psyllium husk helps my digestion a lot and is quite cheap if bought as pure powder/granulate.

Gesendet von meinem iPhone mit Tapatalk

Comment

This happened to me previously. I ended up taking a probiotic and eating by hunger. About 2 months later my appetite returned. I hadn't lost any muscle and had leaned out a bit.

I really think that just like overtraining your muscles you can overtax your system and need to back off everything a little.
                    "Be gentle in what you do, firm in how you do it."
                    Buck Brannaman.

"It is the certainty of punishment that deters crime, not the severity of it."
                    'Hanging' Judge PARKER

"Nothing is so powerful as an insight into human nature... what compulsions drive a man, what instincts dominate his action... if you know these things about a man you can touch him at the core of his being."
                    ~William Bernbach

Comment

Yeah I haven't been eating big like I was. Its been about a week and I am already starting to feel better GI wise and I dont feel bloated anymore.

Comment

Working...
                      X