Pros of the future...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pros of the future...

For any of you who follow pro bodybuilding...who are the new guys who will become the next "Jay Cutler", "Phil Heath" or the next "Kai Greene"? In my humble opinion, only 2 names come to mind: Justin Compton and Dallas McCarver
    Last edited by B.O.C.; 03-24-2014, 05:08 PM.

It's kinda difficult to do these days...case in point, Trey Brewer.

He had the size, but it just never panned out *shrug*.

Having said that, Justin and Dallas look really good at a young age; hope they do well.
    Last edited by theroymccoy; 03-24-2014, 09:31 PM.
    Max Muscle
    5020 Katella Ave.
    Los Alamitos, CA 90720
    www.MaxMuscleLosAlamitos.com

Comment

Yea I went to the golds gym in Jackson Tennessee that Dallas trained at occasionally
      (I jus know I saw him a couple times) dude is freaky...(looking) monster ass calves I remember walking by this dude sitting on the pulldown bench and jus being like wtf look at that dudes calves

Whatever happened to trey brewer?
      I see you didn't take a s#!t before deadlifting....
      I too like to live dangerously

Comment

BOSTON LLOYD, Yeah Baby? No Baby? Maybe Baby? Ok not Boston.
        "Be gentle in what you do, firm in how you do it."
        Buck Brannaman.

"It is the certainty of punishment that deters crime, not the severity of it."
        'Hanging' Judge PARKER

"Nothing is so powerful as an insight into human nature... what compulsions drive a man, what instincts dominate his action... if you know these things about a man you can touch him at the core of his being."
        ~William Bernbach

Comment

Dallas Mccarver turned pro at 21...this guy has plenty of time and potential to truly become the next Cutler or Heath...Justin Compton is no joke either...He shoudkl have won the overall at Nats, his glutes are among the freakiest ever!

Comment

I could write on this forever but the short version is that it is too hard to tell because bodybuilders are so fickle, anyway, that when they are young and good there are a million things that can sidetrack them before they have the time invested to get a card.

On the one hand you have the obvious ones like John Irrizay (sp?) who if he can stay focused and consistent can get a card probably soon. He has to stay financially stable, usually have a stable relationship because shitty relationships sideline training very easily, stay injury free, stay HEALTHY, etc.. He seems to have his head on straight so hopefully he gets there.

On the other hand, there are guys that are on the coattails of guys like John but don't have the obvious genetic make up but have a work ethic that can get them there and you might not see them coming. Shelby is a fine example of this. Shelby basically worked himself to a pro card. He just outworked everyone else and made up for less than superior genetics.

My point is that you sometimes can't see who will be a pro because the obvious factors like genetic structure aren't the only prerequisite to turning pro. The variables you cannot see are probably more important than the ones you do see.

There are guys that will turn pro in 5 years that no one is paying any attention to right now.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
            Instagram: @intensemuscle
            YouTube: TEAMSKIP
            TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
              I could write on this forever but the short version is that it is too hard to tell because bodybuilders are so fickle, anyway, that when they are young and good there are a million things that can sidetrack them before they have the time invested to get a card.

On the one hand you have the obvious ones like John Irrizay (sp?) who if he can stay focused and consistent can get a card probably soon. He has to stay financially stable, usually have a stable relationship because shitty relationships sideline training very easily, stay injury free, stay HEALTHY, etc.. He seems to have his head on straight so hopefully he gets there.

On the other hand, there are guys that are on the coattails of guys like John but don't have the obvious genetic make up but have a work ethic that can get them there and you might not see them coming. Shelby is a fine example of this. Shelby basically worked himself to a pro card. He just outworked everyone else and made up for less than superior genetics.

My point is that you sometimes can't see who will be a pro because the obvious factors like genetic structure aren't the only prerequisite to turning pro. The variables you cannot see are probably more important than the ones you do see.

There are guys that will turn pro in 5 years that no one is paying any attention to right now.

Skip
              With all due respect, John Irizzary is good, but genetic-wise guys like Dallas McCarver or Justin Compton are in a whole separate category. Check out the pics of Teen Nats of Justin C., in 2008, and compare that to what he looks like now! The guy is a real mutant lol!

Comment

Originally posted by B.O.C. View Post
                With all due respect, John Irizzary is good, but genetic-wise guys like Dallas McCarver or Justin Compton are in a whole separate category. Check out the pics of Teen Nats of Justin C., in 2008, and compare that to what he looks like now! The guy is a real mutant lol!
                Whether we agree or not on John or the others you stated isn't the point of the original post, though. I used John as an example to make my point and the fact remains that whether it is Justin or Dallas or whomever, they might have the POTENTIAL to be a pro but they need to take the steps to get it done and that includes a ton of variables that you cannot see or that aren't on the surface.

There are MANY guys that have had the genetics (physically) to be a pro and yet never became one.

Skip

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Although I am not a pro, I have competed a few times at the local level, and it seems to me that genetics aside, one of the biggest hurdles is finances...this game can get really expensive once you plan to take it onto the stage, especially in the beginning with no endorsements to back you up

Comment

Agreed and that is only finances. The other aspect is few people can balance having a happy life including a family at the same time that they are obsessing about winning a pro card. They PRETEND they can but most can't. So, you have those that fall off simply because they are overwhelmed with life and can't do "everything" at once. It isn't too hard to be a good bodybuilder and win when you are living at home with parents or going to college. It is a different game when you get married, have a family and a career and need to balance your life.

Skip

Comment

Agreed and that is only finances. The other aspect is few people can balance having a happy life including a family at the same time that they are obsessing about winning a pro card. They PRETEND they can but most can't. So, you have those that fall off simply because they are overwhelmed with life and can't do "everything" at once. It isn't too hard to be a good bodybuilder and win when you are living at home with parents or going to college. It is a different game when you get married, have a family and a career and need to balance your life.

Skip
                      Yes, so many factors must align in the exact order required to propel a pro to be in the "elite". Cedric McMillan comes to mind also

Comment

Skip
                        well said.

I think this can be said about ANY pro athlete in any sport...it's not always the "best" or who has the "most potential" at their given sport...its a delicate balance and process for someone to be a professional at anything.

Comment

Working...
                        X