X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B.O.C.
    replied
    Originally posted by phoenix13 View Post
    That's interesting about you losing your appetite when you eat carbs. I would think the opposite would happen. I do think you will lose some fullness if you are not getting in any dietary carbs, however who's to say how much LBM you'll lose, if any. You could find a compromise and do 2 days with the carbs spread throughout the week. I guess ultimately it depends on what is more important to you: staying leaner or maintaining more LBM/fullness. Err on the side that's more aligned with your current goals.
    i hold a desk job and I am not very physically active outside the gym. When I take a week off I dont do much other than work or relax at home. If I had a more active lifestyle maybe I would feel the need for some carbs even when taking a week off

Leave a comment:

• phoenix13
    replied
    Originally posted by B.O.C. View Post
    On my 3 days off I have zero carbs (but I incorporate some fats from fish, fish oil, natty peanut butter, whole eggs). I notice that if I eat even small amounts of carbs on those days I kill my appetite for too long and I end up skipping meals.
    Now, when it comes to taking 1 week off I was planning to use the same zero carb approach with some fats, but some folks warned me that 7 days is too long to go without carbs to maintain fullness and LBM.
    That's interesting about you losing your appetite when you eat carbs. I would think the opposite would happen. I do think you will lose some fullness if you are not getting in any dietary carbs, however who's to say how much LBM you'll lose, if any. You could find a compromise and do 2 days with the carbs spread throughout the week. I guess ultimately it depends on what is more important to you: staying leaner or maintaining more LBM/fullness. Err on the side that's more aligned with your current goals.

Leave a comment:

• B.O.C.
    replied
    Originally posted by phoenix13 View Post
    If I am taking a week off and wanting to maintain LBM and body composition, I eat a lifting day diet, minus the PWO shake and reduce the portion of carbs in what would be the PWO whole food meal. It's very similar to my non-lifting day diet, just a tad more carbs.

I guess whether or not you should go no carb for the week would depend on how you tolerate it in terms of energy, as well as how you metabolize the carbs (do you get fat easy on carbs or does it help to keep your metabolism humming).
    On my 3 days off I have zero carbs (but I incorporate some fats from fish, fish oil, natty peanut butter, whole eggs). I notice that if I eat even small amounts of carbs on those days I kill my appetite for too long and I end up skipping meals.
    Now, when it comes to taking 1 week off I was planning to use the same zero carb approach with some fats, but some folks warned me that 7 days is too long to go without carbs to maintain fullness and LBM.

Leave a comment:

• phoenix13
    replied
    If I am taking a week off and wanting to maintain LBM and body composition, I eat a lifting day diet, minus the PWO shake and reduce the portion of carbs in what would be the PWO whole food meal. It's very similar to my non-lifting day diet, just a tad more carbs.

I guess whether or not you should go no carb for the week would depend on how you tolerate it in terms of energy, as well as how you metabolize the carbs (do you get fat easy on carbs or does it help to keep your metabolism humming).
    Last edited by phoenix13; 03-14-2014, 01:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• B.O.C.
    replied
    On my regular non-training days i dont eat any carbs at all. So would it be wise to go a whole week without carbs? Thanks again and glad to be on this board!

Leave a comment:

• the db
    replied
    If I was cutting I would keep diet as per non workout days keeping an eye on carbs and the time of the day they are consumed.

If I was in a growing phase I'd cut calories down to maintenance keeping an eye on carbs. I'd keep protein and carbs the same for the first 2-3 days and then drop them back a bit (carbs more so than protein).

Leave a comment:

• hammersmashface
    replied
    Originally posted by dice77 View Post
    When I take a week off my macros are about the same as days I dont train except my protein and carbs may be slightly less.

Sometimes when I train I get in 6 meals a day. When I'm off its usually 5. I try to use protein shakes during my off week only if I'm in a bind. Otherwise the blender bottle is away.

I usually drop a pound or two after taking a week off. I THINK that is mostly water weight from no sups such as creatine and from no workout soreness.

Welcome to IM!
    I'm pretty much the same way.
    During deload/cruise weeks, I'll still stick to my normal 6 meals per day, but my carb levels will usually go to nil (I'm not overly high carb to begin with). Everything else stays the same.
    I still however keep in my planned cheat meal..

Leave a comment:

• dice77
    replied
    When I take a week off my macros are about the same as days I dont train except my protein and carbs may be slightly less.

Sometimes when I train I get in 6 meals a day. When I'm off its usually 5. I try to use protein shakes during my off week only if I'm in a bind. Otherwise the blender bottle is away.

I usually drop a pound or two after taking a week off. I THINK that is mostly water weight from no sups such as creatine and from no workout soreness.

Welcome to IM!

Leave a comment:

• B.O.C.
    started a topic Eatin plan during week off

Eatin plan during week off

Every 8 weeks or so I take 1 entire week off, no weights no cardio. How would you guys eat during that 1 week to keep bodyfat low while keep benefiting from the extra rest in terms of gains? I know we all have different metabolisms but would you lower the overall calories, or change the macros, or not do the weekend refeed/load perhaps? I am talking about older folks in the 40 years of age range too lol
    Last edited by B.O.C.; 03-13-2014, 05:46 PM.
Working...
X