Skiploading on Training day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skiploading on Training day

I understand that the recommended day of the skipload is a non-training day. I've had a lot of success following a diet based on the MountainDogDiet and it includes a lot of peri workout carbs. I would like to try a Skipload but incorporate it into my periworkout nutrition.

I workout in the evening after work and can't really change that. I was thinking of starting my skipload on a hard training day like either legs or back. I would start consuming low fat carbs a couple hours before my workout and then continue until a couple of hours post workout. With some during the workout.

Is this a feasible plan? Am I just trying to fit a square peg in a round hole?

The whole idea behind the skipload is to load the carbs hard within your given time frame. I would have already tucked away 800g of carbs by time that 2 hour mark came around and all I want to do is chill and let the insulin knock me out

I would not be able to train effectively while nailing the amounts of carbs your hunger should be allowing you to eat, at least for me.

Comment

You can do it if you want to but it won't be Skiploading. I like it when people experiment and I encourage it but Skiploading is used for 2 main things:
      1. metabolic boost
      2. loading before a show

The way you are wanting to do it won't satisfy either of those 2 variables.

Periworkout nutrition is not Skiploading. Still, you could give it a go and see how it works for you and if it adds to your workouts.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
      Instagram: @intensemuscle
      YouTube: TEAMSKIP
      TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Surely if you yam carbs pre training and post training you are just in essence fueling your training and recovery via increased carb intake rather than actually skiploading?

I have twice trained about 6 hours into a load.

What I have noticed:

1. You feel fucking terrible. I don't know how people train on high carb diets. I am so tired and lethargic its untrue. You literally drag ass in the gym.
        2. You sweat like a fucking pig.
        3. You are normally bloating up by 2-4 hours into a load so you look fucking terrible.
        4. I can't train without having to drink 2litres of water. Detrimental to loading and makes point 3 worse.

If I have to train on a loading day (maybe because schedule has been messed up due to work etc) then i do it AM fasted and then spend the rest of the day shovelling in those carbs.

Comment

This ^ .

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
          Instagram: @intensemuscle
          YouTube: TEAMSKIP
          TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Thanks for all the input. I was thinking about this last night and was thinking this was going to be the consensus. I'm going to give skiploading a try and not a modified version, which wouldn't be skiploading

Comment

I've had to do it a couple times due to schedule and working crazy hours with work and school (I work for a sheriff's department) I have found somewhat opposite. I do get terribly gassy, but my lifts are pretty intense. I get a pretty bad ass pump as well. I try to stay away from sugar based carbs too. Maybe different metabolisms not too sure

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
              I have found iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me. It never runs. Friends may come and go but two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds. There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength, Once the mind and body have been awakened to their true potential, its impossible to turn back, the iron never lies to you.

Comment

When I was prepping for my last show I skiploaded correctly. I would get pretty tired as well. This time I'm not prepping and on higher intake of food. Maybe cause I'm not as depleted as I was before.

I have found iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me. It never runs. Friends may come and go but two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds. There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength, Once the mind and body have been awakened to their true potential, its impossible to turn back, the iron never lies to you.

Comment

On Monday I did a load around the workout like I originally talked about. Here is what I noticed.

1. I was thirsty as hell. I drank my large bottle of water, I drank 3/4 of my wifes water. I hit the fountain up and I was still thirsty.

2. No noticable increase in pump but no problem with bloat eaither.

3. The next day (Tuesday) was legs training and my arms were pumped with veins sticking out. I wanted that pump on Monday when working out Back

4. The day after the load I was 1.8 pounds heavier and the day after that I was still exactly 1.8 pounds heavier. I will keep track of weight and how look each day to see.

5. The day after the load I was making a lot of trips to the toilet.

Anyway, next week will be a real skipload and I will do it on Sunday when I have no training planned.

Comment

What about loading "post workout" as it were? Saying training in the afternoon some time, and getting in a Skipload from 5-11pm for something similar

Comment

Would that be more like carb back loading?

Comment

Why are people trying to modify a perfectly great system. Skips given you a ferrari to drive and yet some of you are determined to drive a larda..
                        I dont get it - Skip would have explained already that you could do this if you could, yet he has said no bad idea. I understand if you have life and time constraints, so why not realise that skiploading is not optimal for you at this time. Sure eating sweeties and sugar is fun(for the 1st meal!) but if its clear that you cant optimise it at this moment, then recognise the fact and do something different, that will be optimal/fits in with your current constraints.. instead of jamming/bashing like an ape a round peg into a square hole.

Comment

Gunrunner - the increased pump and vascularity the day after the load is due to glycogen retention. Skiploading is a bit of a headfuck as I find you bloat up a little on the day but the following day you look fucking ace -nice and full.

I would add that 1.8lb is a fucking terrible load. It's not about who can put on the most but I'd expect at least 4lb if you really went for it. I'm 210lb and I typically put on 7-12lb.

Comment

Due to time constraints I have been loading on training day (leg day). Feels good, but too early to tell with respect to results.
                            SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
                              You can do it if you want to but it won't be Skiploading. I like it when people experiment and I encourage it but Skiploading is used for 2 main things:
                              1. metabolic boost
                              2. loading before a show

The way you are wanting to do it won't satisfy either of those 2 variables.

Periworkout nutrition is not Skiploading. Still, you could give it a go and see how it works for you and if it adds to your workouts.

Skip
                              for non competitors reason 1. is all we will be using skiploading for. Curious why you say skiploading on a training day won't give a metabolic boost? Also did you ever experiment with loading on training days and find it didn't work out for people. I would think having your weekly huge carb load after your workout would help you store glycogen,not store fat, and utilize the carbs better. I completely agree a skipload pre workout wouldn't work for most.

Comment

Working...
                              X