Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delt cap

Please help.
    Training now for 2 years on and off (1 lay off through a wrist injury)
    Need help with Delts.
    Decent enough width to my shoulders but no Delt cap.
    I mainly stick to swapping between Dumbell and machine presses, then some sort of lateral dropset.
    Havnt tried Arnold press too much. I do Barbell presses sometimes but not behind the head as it feels uncomfortable.
    I go for maybe 10 sets of shoulder work and tie that in with traps on the same day where I go for any form of shrug exercise or an upright row.
    Someone suggest I lay off drop sets, any good advice please.

Not a ton of info to go off of but here is my take:

1. Eat more.
    2. Don't overtrain so if you are doing too much delt work too frequently, back off.
    3. Hard and heavy chest and back work will help to build big delts and arms.
    4. Do not neglect rear delts - either be doing something like heavy rowing and deads or get rear delt work in there, too. Remember, there are 3 heads to the delt complex.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
    Instagram: @intensemuscle
    YouTube: TEAMSKIP
    TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Thanks good comments,
      I'm sure I'm eating enough, making good gains elsewhere.
      What is interesting with your reply is that the other area I'm lacking is chest.
      Back, bi's and tri's all fine.
      In fairness I think it could be a pushing problem.
      I train 4 times a week.
      Delts and Traps, off, legs and abs, biceps and back, off, chest and triceps. Off.

Comment

Try training chest and shoulders together on the same day. If you are doing chest a separate day you are hitting the shoulders hard indirectly. maybe the 2 days a week is too much.
        I echo what Skip says in regards to rear delts. What people often see as a lack of a nice round cap is not so much due to the side delt as it is the rear delt. It's like a bowling ball with a flat side.
        I noticed the biggest change in mine years ago when I hit rear delts hard. Made an immense improvement.
        -KidRok-
        "...because I won't accept that I can't."

www.https://Truenutrition.com/
        5% OFF with Discount Code "FXL222"

https://www.facebook.com/hopsfitnessxl

Comment

Okay, makes sense I suppose, I will give that a try. Thanks.

Comment

Does anyone incorporate rear delt work into DC training? Maybe the occasional rear delt movement for shoulders? I haven't isolated my rear delts since I started doing DC.
            :preach:

Comment

Delt cap

In adhering to DC tradition, you'll activate your rear delts on overhead presses and heavy pulling exercises. If rear delts are a problem a behind the neck press will provide more rear delt activation. The goal on the two way is to add as much size as possible and then further refine it as you become more advanced.

Rear delt raises and similar exercises might be incorporated into a 3-way split as a widowmaker.

I hope homon doesn't slay me here, but in all honesty, I feel one would be able to incorporate some rear delt raises into a two way at the end of a session without compromising the program. This is just my wild mind blabbering
              Last edited by mentalflex; 02-24-2014, 06:41 PM.
              Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
              2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
              2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Originally posted by mentalflex View Post
                I feel one would be able to incorporate some rear delt raises into a two way at the end of a session without compromising the program. This is just my wild mind blabbering

HERETIC

:tongue1:
                "If you're ready to do DC, you're not gonna give a flying f*(k about fatigue from the previous exercise. You get under the bar and kill it, each and every time." - homonunculus

"Nothing better than coming to IM and seeing a Wall of Text next to that big Tricep pic." - Lonnie123

“Hateful to me as the gates of Hades is that man who hides one thing in his heart and speaks another.” - Homer

The scale doesn't show a number. When he steps on it, it simply reads: Big Mother Fucker. - Skip

Comment

Originally posted by 0001Delta View Post
                  HERETIC

:tongue1:
                  I feel there will be a shadowy figure over my bed tonight with a large knife waiting for me t make the wrong move.... Could this be the end?
                  Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
                  2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
                  2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Don't do that Arnold press bull shit. Press press press heavy fucking shit!! That is all.

Oh...which presses?... Viking, behind neck bb press, push press. Worked for me anyway. Get strong!!

Matt
                    NABBA UK 2011 - Novice class 3rd Place
                    NABBA BRITAIN FINALS 2012 - Novice class 3rd Place
                    NABBA NORTH WEST 2014 - Mr Class 2 - 1st Place
                    NABBA WORLD CHAMPS 2014 - Mr Class 2 - 10th Place
                    NABBA ENGLAND 2015 - Mr Class 2 - 3rd place
                    NABBA UK 2015 - Mr Class 2 - 4th place

Comment

As far as DC goes...

if your rear delts are lacking and you've been doing DC and have packed on the mass, then using a 3-way (with a rear felt widow maker) would be the obvious option.

If you're some how just wildly deficient in the rear delt area and still need / want to work on size overall (and thus use the 2-way DC split), you can simply choose an rear delt exercise or even a couple that call the rear delts more so into play.

---A seated slightly bent-over DB lateral comes to mind.

---Using the rear delt machine (reverse pec fly) with a grip (shoulder rotation) that hits the middle and posterior heads will do the trick, too.

You can also incorporate more rowing that brings the posterior delt into play (Pendlay rows, for instance).

-S
                      The Book Has Arrived!
                      The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
                      2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
                      2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

Took the words right off my finger tips with pendlay rows.

Meadow rows are a favourite off mine too and Klokov press - behind neck snatch grip press, need good shoulder mobility though for this.

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2
                        Last edited by martin_h; 02-25-2014, 02:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X