Some fun up in Ohio this weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some fun up in Ohio this weekend

Went to up OH to work on some things with John Meadows this weekend and got to train at EliteFTS as well. (Short trip, but quite fun.)

We trained mountain dog style of course and this was the "challenge set" for the day. Partial deads with chains.

(I don't know how much weight it was, which was part of the fun. I had just pulled the Monday before from about the same height and got 675 for 5, so I'm thinking this was maybe 400 at the bottom and 500 at the top? There were 12 chains on each side, but I don't even know what each chain weighed. It was a nice feel, for sure.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lf8RIuFR5S0

[YOUTUBE]Lf8RIuFR5S0[/YOUTUBE]

-S
    The Book Has Arrived!
    The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
    2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
    2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

BAD. ASS. That is so cool you guys got together for some kick ass training and probably some really interesting discussions. Are you going to be heading up to ELITE FTS more in the future and doing stuff like this? Maybe do a seminar with John?
    Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
    2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
    2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Originally posted by mentalflex View Post
      BAD. ASS. That is so cool you guys got together for some kick ass training and probably some really interesting discussions. Are you going to be heading up to ELITE FTS more in the future and doing stuff like this? Maybe do a seminar with John?
      We've got a few things in store. I was up there to see John, mainly, but of course he trains with Dave on the weekend.

When I've got more time, we'll probably get an interview for EliteFTS. TONS of possibilities, without a doubt. (I think the cattle prod will be involved, for sure. )

I just felt honored be involved, honestly. To train at that gym is pretty friggin' cool as it's not open to the public.

-S
      The Book Has Arrived!
      The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

Comment

Badass Doc! Im sure was quite an experience to get to train there

Comment

Originally posted by firedawg0108 View Post
          Badass Doc! Im sure was quite an experience to get to train there
          Yes, very cool stuff. (Cool to actually be AT The gym where I've seen so many videos.)

-S
          The Book Has Arrived!
          The Book Has Arrived!

www.TrueNutrition.com

Comment

Boy oh boy, what I wouldnt give to be a fly on the wall with you 3. I would say that gym is probably the mecca for a lot of people now. Great set sir.

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2

Comment

That's awesome! (all of it)
              2014 Greater Gulf States 2nd WPD Class B
              2010 Jr. USA 2nd LHW
              2009 Houston Pro/Am 1st LHW & Overall (Am)
              2008 Jr. Nationals 5th LHW
              2007 Greater Gulf States 1st LHW
              2007 LA Championships 1st LHW & Overall

Comment

There's no "like" button on here vs facespace.

Nice work Scott!
                #docswholift
                PGY-1 FM
                "No idea is above scrutiny and no people are beneath dignity." -Maajid Nawaz

Comment

Originally posted by martin_h View Post
                  Boy oh boy, what I wouldnt give to be a fly on the wall with you 3. I would say that gym is probably the mecca for a lot of people now. Great set sir.

Thanks, man. It can't really be a mecca in the same way that Venice Gold's was, Bev Francis' PH, Quads, etc. as it's set up more so privately, but I get what you're saying. The folks they have in there are at the top of their game, for sure.

Originally posted by phoenix13 View Post
                  That's awesome! (all of it)
                  Originally posted by nexa View Post
                  There's no "like" button on here vs facespace.

Nice work Scott!
                  Thank you, Ladies!!!

-S
                  The Book Has Arrived!
                  The Book Has Arrived!

www.TrueNutrition.com

Comment

Scott, what is your ultimate challenge set? You versus ? and what exercise?
                    Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Scott, what is your ultimate challenge set? You versus ? and what exercise?
                      Well, the ultimate challenge set would be one I would most likely lose, but of course, that's why it would be a great challenge set.

Johnny and Shelby put out a challenge on their radio show that I did (wearing the T-shirt right now, literally) and then put one up to try to match Tom Platz' set of 50 squats with 225, resting 1 min, then another one. I managed to tweak my quad doing squat a couple weeks ago and am pretty sure (since trying to squat since then), that would leave me with a torn muscle... (But it would be fun, I think...)

Doing squat drop sets from 5 plates / side on down (5, 4, 3, 2, 1) is a pretty nifty one.

Thing is, there are thousands of guys who would beat me on any challenge set I choose, so that's a good person to pick, but a great challenge set is against someone who can beat you some days and on other days, the reverse is true.

Dave Henry and I used to have some pretty damn good days with back training. I'd beat him on dead varieties by a smidge and he'd often beat me on pulldowns. I could get him on legs but he'd kick my ass 'round the block every time on presses. Funny thing was that his triceps are RIDICULOUS, but he wouldn't (and didn't need to) push the limits there weight wise, so I'd sometimes use like 50% more weight than him (but would trade triceps any day... LOL).

Doing Cybergenics back in my "youth" was some of the craziest shit I've ever done and my training partner and I used to basically gauge on who could push the furthest into insanity. Every day was a challenge to try to kill the other guy. I think I was a bit stronger, but we were so far into the ludicrous with that training system that it would be like comparing superman vs. bizarro in terms of who's more bad-ass. They both are.

-S
                      The Book Has Arrived!
                      The Book Has Arrived!

www.TrueNutrition.com

Comment

All I have to say is I wish you were my training partner...

2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

All I have to say is I wish you were my training partner...
                          LOL - Yeah, we'd put the hurting' on each other.

-S
                          The Book Has Arrived!
                          The Book Has Arrived!

www.TrueNutrition.com

Comment

Originally posted by homonunculus View Post
                            Well, the ultimate challenge set would be one I would most likely lose, but of course, that's why it would be a great challenge set.

Johnny and Shelby put out a challenge on their radio show that I did (wearing the T-shirt right now, literally) and then put one up to try to match Tom Platz' set of 50 squats with 225, resting 1 min, then another one. I managed to tweak my quad doing squat a couple weeks ago and am pretty sure (since trying to squat since then), that would leave me with a torn muscle... (But it would be fun, I think...)

Doing squat drop sets from 5 plates / side on down (5, 4, 3, 2, 1) is a pretty nifty one.

Thing is, there are thousands of guys who would beat me on any challenge set I choose, so that's a good person to pick, but a great challenge set is against someone who can beat you some days and on other days, the reverse is true.

Dave Henry and I used to have some pretty damn good days with back training. I'd beat him on dead varieties by a smidge and he'd often beat me on pulldowns. I could get him on legs but he'd kick my ass 'round the block every time on presses. Funny thing was that his triceps are RIDICULOUS, but he wouldn't (and didn't need to) push the limits there weight wise, so I'd sometimes use like 50% more weight than him (but would trade triceps any day... LOL).

Doing Cybergenics back in my "youth" was some of the craziest shit I've ever done and my training partner and I used to basically gauge on who could push the furthest into insanity. Every day was a challenge to try to kill the other guy. I think I was a bit stronger, but we were so far into the ludicrous with that training system that it would be like comparing superman vs. bizarro in terms of who's more bad-ass. They both are.

-S
                            Is Jigsaw, from the film series Saw based on you Scott?

That would be an awesome thread: Homon's weekly challenge set.

Comment

Scott,

Thanks for sharing the video. Obviously I don't post much but I have always enjoyed reading your material. Sidenote: I recently put your 'sissy smith squat' into my rotation-holy shit-love that exercise. You mentioned you were on John and Shelby's radio show-has that been released yet? If so, can you point me towards it, I must have overlooked it.

Looking forward to your next projects.

Comment

Working...
                              X