The Cost of Redemption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Cost of Redemption

Hey guys, just got down watching Ronnie Coleman in that vid. I was just wandering about how he does some lifts like the bench or the shoulder press. I've always read online and in mags to go all the way up, just close enough to locking out then coming all the way down. How come big Ronnie does it only half way? I've seen it in Pumping Iron too, the way some of them guys do it, like Lou.
    So should it be done the way that they are doing it?
    "Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord." -Romans 12:19-

BREAKING NEWS: Scientists have recently discovered that eating whole foods, such as fruit and vegetables may actually be good for your health.

Some guys don't go all the way too lockout so that they keep the tension on the muscle being worked. You should do what works or feels comfortable to you. There are still guys (like Lee Priest)who uses a full range on his shoulder presses/bench presses and you can see the results he gets.

Just a side note, Ronnie's last two videos has him doing shoulders on a fourth day of training but I know that he does 3 day split. On his first video, "Ronnie Coleman," he does only three workouts:

1-chest/shoulder/triceps
    2-Back/biceps
    3-Legs

I think he just threw in the fourth day for the video and to show off his incredible strength.

Comment

I really don't think you should be looking to Ronnie to check out exercise form. The man is a freak of the highest order and not only does he grow by merely touching the weights, he can also come out unscathed from using (IMO) truly bad exercise form that would leave a normal human being crippled for a long time. The name of the bodybuilding game is as heavy as you can with as good as form as you can. That's the best way to do it - unless you are a genetic mutant like Mr. Olympia of course.

Comment

Yeah, Coleman is a big freak but he shouldn't ever try to be a trainer. His technique is really bad. Hell, his deadlift form is worse than mine. But he is a freak of nature and I love it! Great build...shitty technique.
        International Elite Raw Powerlifter
        Blood - Sweat - Chalk

Comment

I'm more worried about Ronnie breaking his foot with those 200 lb dumbbells. Can't believe he just drops dumbbells from waist height.

Comment

To give you a better perspective, and see the other side, watch Dorain Yates Blood and Guts. He uses heavy weight, not nearly has heavy as Ronnie, but he does it slow, controlled, and uses great form to get the job done.

If pushing a lawn mower all day can get you big (hrrrr, umm.. Paul Dillet) the I say come cut my grass. But if it doesn't, find something else that does.
            Official Web Designer of Intensemuscle.com :peace:

Advocate for Socially Relevant Search Engine -http://theenginuity.com

Comment

I'd definitely take lifting technique lessons from Dorian. His form is almost perfect, despite the fact that he does (did) hoick around some serious metal.

Comment

True enough. And Dorian wears those cool headbands.
                Blood - Sweat - Chalk

Comment

Originally posted by Future
                  True enough. And Dorian wears those cool headbands.
                  Do you think you would bust Dorians balls about that in person to him, like say hmmmm, Vander V, LOL.
                  Official Web Designer of Intensemuscle.com :peace:

Advocate for Socially Relevant Search Engine -http://theenginuity.com

Comment

So you guys use strict form then? and whatever works for you? I finally finished downloading "Made in Germany", ( imma one of those try before you buy guys )
                    And I like it alot more than Ronnie's vids. He's just so funny with some of his antics. Also I like the way he explains what works for him and why he does it. Anybody who actually bought the dvd, does it comes with subs? If it does, then I'm gonna order it, cause I'd like to know what he says most of the time. I can't understand german. I give this vid 2 thumbs up!! If some you guys haven't seen it, you should.
                    "Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord." -Romans 12:19-

BREAKING NEWS: Scientists have recently discovered that eating whole foods, such as fruit and vegetables may actually be good for your health.

Comment

Originally posted by Creator_11
                      Do you think you would bust Dorians balls about that in person to him, like say hmmmm, Vander V, LOL.
                      LOL, sure why not. I think he can take a joke.
                      Blood - Sweat - Chalk

Comment

Originally posted by SGU_Lt. Vue
                        So you guys use strict form then? and whatever works for you? I finally finished downloading "Made in Germany", ( imma one of those try before you buy guys )
                        And I like it alot more than Ronnie's vids. He's just so funny with some of his antics. Also I like the way he explains what works for him and why he does it. Anybody who actually bought the dvd, does it comes with subs? If it does, then I'm gonna order it, cause I'd like to know what he says most of the time. I can't understand german. I give this vid 2 thumbs up!! If some you guys haven't seen it, you should.
                        Yeah Ronnie tends to be a bit over the top. I dont know whats show and whats real. I actually would hate lifting in a gym where a guy was dropping shit all the time like that. And then suddenly hearing a squeaky voice yelling , "Yeahhh budddyyyy! Light weight!" LOL
                        Blood - Sweat - Chalk

Comment

Working...
                        X