Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Revisiting Skiploading. Correctly This Time..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revisiting Skiploading. Correctly This Time..

Decided to start Skiploading again.

I had been cutting down for my boxing (needed to get to middleweight 165lb) and I successfully did this. In fact it was relatively easy this time and I won my state belt 3 days ago .

My fight was Saturday and it fitted perfectly with my Skipload on the Sunday.

Now when I did Skiploading last year I didn't do it correctly. In fact it was pretty much shitloading and I went from when I woke up to when I went to sleep. I was pretty much spinning my wheels as it was taking all week to baseline and I only just dropped the weight each week (I had to make it up by dropping weekly calories lower).

I did it properly this time and started with a 6 hour load. No milk, low fat and all the cereal, pancakes and maple syrup I could eat (but never got to the point of discomfort at all).

I didn't count the carbs as I was eating them but at the end of the day I thought I would work them out just out of curiosity and I got just over 1000g.

I actually followed the next day with a much higher carb and calorie intake than I planned (had about 350g of carbs and 3000+ cals) but even though I did this and I had a rest day (usually train on Monday) I still dropped below baseline today (two days later)!

Guess I will go with a 7 hour load next time

I'm using this as a means to maintain my weight as I have already reached my desired weight class.

This is me with my belt this Saturday:

Grats man. Nothing but respect for boxers, one of my favorite sports and one I wish I always got into when I was growing up.
    Don't ask for a light load, but a strong back.

5% Discount at TP.com: DEG907

Comment

Originally posted by DaveGabe24 View Post
      Grats man. Nothing but respect for boxers, one of my favorite sports and one I wish I always got into when I was growing up.
      Thanks Dave. It is a great sport that I've done for a long time. I'm doing everything I possibly can to win the nationals this year, I know I can and will do it with the right mind set.

It never to late to get into the sport!

I was fine the day after my fight and then the doms set in and it felt like I was coming down with the flu lol

It was a brutal fight and so many people said it was one of the best fights they have ever seen

When I get the dvd ill see if I can upload it.

Comment

Well done sir.Any one who steps into a ring or hexagon voluntarily gets my respect..no thanks jeff for me!! I cant ruin this face much more than it is.

Seriously though congratulatuons, i bet you feel on top of the world, enjoy it and enjoy many more (enjoying skiploads goes without saying..am I right!)

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by martin_h View Post
          Well done sir.Any one who steps into a ring or hexagon voluntarily gets my respect..no thanks jeff for me!! I cant ruin this face much more than it is.

Seriously though congratulatuons, i bet you feel on top of the world, enjoy it and enjoy many more (enjoying skiploads goes without saying..am I right!)

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2
          Thanks man

Can't wait to get some more big wins.

And yes it's goes without saying about enjoying the skiploads. Although I will say this..

After the 14th pancake and maple syrup you start to HATE sweet things lol but I couldn't think of any quick digesting savoury foods and had to have few slices of bread and a tortilla and felt bloated as hell!!

I'll stay away from the tortilla and bread next time but i need to check the skip approved foods for some decent savoury refined carbs.

Comment

Originally posted by champion#1 View Post
            Thanks Dave. It is a great sport that I've done for a long time. I'm doing everything I possibly can to win the nationals this year, I know I can and will do it with the right mind set.

It never to late to get into the sport!

I was fine the day after my fight and then the doms set in and it felt like I was coming down with the flu lol

It was a brutal fight and so many people said it was one of the best fights they have ever seen

When I get the dvd ill see if I can upload it.
            Yea I may sign up to a gym one day as a means to get in better shape but I'm working on 26 years old, my days of competing at a level thats up to my standards are long gone. Powerlifting fills my void for now.

I bet that was some MONSTER doms haha, sounds like a sick fight, I hope you can get us some footage somehow.

My grandpas brother was actually a golden glove in Brooklyn (in the good old days of NY)...such an awesome sport. Glad to see it's alive and well with all this UFC in mainstream media lately.

Comment

Congrats, first, but glad that you Skiploaded the right way this time and that it worked well for you!

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
              Instagram: @intensemuscle
              YouTube: TEAMSKIP
              TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Yea I may sign up to a gym one day as a means to get in better shape but I'm working on 26 years old, my days of competing at a level thats up to my standards are long gone. Powerlifting fills my void for now.

I bet that was some MONSTER doms haha, sounds like a sick fight, I hope you can get us some footage somehow.

My grandpas brother was actually a golden glove in Brooklyn (in the good old days of NY)...such an awesome sport. Glad to see it's alive and well with all this UFC in mainstream media lately.
                Yeah I understand. You have the same mentality as me, you don't do things just for the fun you do it to be great at doing something that you love. So I can appreciate the mentality that you've left your best young development years behind you. Keep smashing away at PL bro

Plus it's damn hard to put on muscle when you are doing all the conditioning required to have the fitness needed ro fight, definitely not supportive of PL if a focus is intentionally put onto boxing, great as a supplement though for conditioning if used sparingly.

[youtube]KLfMIAL0f2g[/youtube]

That's a quick video of me last year at welter.
                Last edited by champion#1; 02-05-2014, 08:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
                  Congrats, first, but glad that you Skiploaded the right way this time and that it worked well for you!

Skip

Worked well is an understatement! Skip is it possible the skipload has sped my metabolism up to the point that I can increase my daily calories and still lose or maintain my weight?

The reason I say is because 3 days post skipload I have dropped to my lowest weight yet.. But I have increased my daily calories to by 200-300 calories to 2700-2800. My training hasn't increased (I fact it was reduced due to tapering for my fight and resting afterwards) and I wasn't looking to drop weight further rather just maintain but it has dropped without even trying .

Very interesting. I will keep it up to see how it develops over the next few weeks. Either way my weigh in will be a breeze next time!

Comment

This is EXACTLY what it does, yes.

Skip
                    Originally posted by champion#1 View Post
                    Worked well is an understatement! Skip is it possible the skipload has sped my metabolism up to the point that I can increase my daily calories and still lose or maintain my weight?

Facebook: Skip Hill
                    Instagram: @intensemuscle
                    YouTube: TEAMSKIP
                    TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
                      This is EXACTLY what it does, yes.

Skip
                      It's incredible. Like I say I will do it for the next few weeks to evaluate how it's working but I keep waking up either lighter or the same weight even though I'm increasing my calories.

Exciting stuff for me

Comment

Do you or anyone know what the deal is with using skiploads at higher body fat? I'm gettin back into the iron game but I'm out of shape (relatively speaking).

I vaguely remember skiploads being recommended more for the lower BF guys (<10%). Is there any merit to that?

Comment

Do you or anyone know what the deal is with using skiploads at higher body fat? I'm gettin back into the iron game but I'm out of shape (relatively speaking).

I vaguely remember skiploads being recommended more for the lower BF guys (<10%). Is there any merit to that?
                          Skip always had me loading during the offseason, when my BF was higher. So, every Sunday was a Skipload...whether it was X meals (that's going back some time) or for X amount of time. Those loads were significantly less (lower) than when I was prepping for a show or and depleted (and at a lower BF).

I'd say it was pretty successful...(and still is).

-s
                          "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a pussy."

"Carry 24/7 or guess right."

"There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion."

"993 yo f9t[n9y[I8itineraryBMiy v][/t u 98 oh 99 u]y8y u[/hy jyip NH j o have I h"

Comment

Originally posted by slide View Post
                            Skip always had me loading during the offseason, when my BF was higher. So, every Sunday was a Skipload...whether it was X meals (that's going back some time) or for X amount of time. Those loads were significantly less (lower) than when I was prepping for a show or and depleted (and at a lower BF).

I'd say it was pretty successful...(and still is).

-s
                            Yea that's the impression I got out of my research as well. Higher BF = shorter skiploads, as you lean out you'll need more carbs, bigger windows, etc.

Thanks man

Comment

Just thought I would update on this.

So I have been using skiploading for the last 5 weeks and it has been going really well.

A 6 hour load will having me baselining by the second day on the Tuesday. Did a 6 hour load for the first two weekends just to see how my body reacted and both times baselined on the same day.

The last two weekends I pushed it to 8 hours and I baselined roughly 1-2 days later (Wednesday or Thursday) and the last weekend I did eat some non approved foods (ice cream mainly) but I crushed the carbs (most likely 1100+ carbs).

I have been using skiploading to maintain my weight while increasing daily calories during the week and staying lean and it is working well. The increase calories in the week have really helped me to push my strength gains as I finally hit double bodyweight ball to the floor squat for reps

I am defending my title this thursday so I was planning on skiploading yesterday instead of my usual sunday (so I would baseline ealier) but I figured if I go with a standard 6 hour load I will still have the metabolic benefits and I know (due to me doing two previous 6 hour loads) that I will baseline by Tuesday (two day before weigh in) so all is good.

I suppose that's the interesting thing about skiploading is it gives you a chance to really see how your body reacts to different things. So far so good.

p.s. Currently on my 4th hour of todays load and I don't feel full in the stomach at all (even though I've crushed a lot of food) but just placing one more pancake on my tongue makes me feel nauseous fuck lol!

Time to hit the savoury rice

Comment

Working...
                              X