Flu shots?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flu shots?

Just curious who gets them and who doesn't.(and why you don't)
    Heckman aka "WISE" OLD MAN

Don't get them, conspiracy theorist!
    SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

Never. And I won't let my kids get them, either. I know, call Child Protective Services.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
      Instagram: @intensemuscle
      YouTube: TEAMSKIP
      TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

I think I have had one since I have been out of our beloved Corps (where it was mandatory). The only reason I did the one time was because they were at our office doing them (offered free by my employer), and my GF at the time was going, so, I did too. But, I don't (and haven't) gone out of my way to do so.

-s
        "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a pussy."

"Carry 24/7 or guess right."

"There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion."

"993 yo f9t[n9y[I8itineraryBMiy v][/t u 98 oh 99 u]y8y u[/hy jyip NH j o have I h"

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
          Never. And I won't let my kids get them, either. I know, call Child Protective Services.

Skip
          Just curious but have any of your kids ever had the flu? I know they claim you can't get sick from it but I have had it even on years when I had the shot so now figure what's the point? My wife is almost 30 and has never had a flu shot but also never had the flu.
          6/22/13 - 2013 NPC VICTORY CLASSIC
          1st - Novice Men's Lightheavy & Novice overall

Comment

I get it because hospitals require it. I would personally get one anyway because, even though I'm not worried about the flu myself, I wouldn't want to carry it to an older person who could die from it.

And you cannot get the flu from the shot bc it is a dead virus.

Also remember the flu shot is just a prediction. My wife's entire floor was "quarantined" last year from a really bad outbreak (they just had to wear masks everyday and give all patients medicine for flu...not a quarantine like you might think from a movie lol).

And skip if you dont want your kids to get it thats your right to do what you believe is best. Usually only young children, older adults, or basically someone with a compromised immune systems are really at risk

Comment

Nope never have never will. Also dont allow my children to get them either. I agree if you have a compromised immune system, possibly, but still don't believe it's worth it IMO.
              2014 NPC Mr MN State TBD
              2012 NPC MN state 40+ 1st and 3rd Hvy *Injury :frusty:
              2012 NPC Gopher State 40+ 1st and 1st SuperHvy
              2011 NPC Gopher State 40+ 1st and 2nd Open Hvy.
              2011 NPC Upper Midwest 40+ 1st and Super Hvy 1st
              2009 Gopher State 4th Hvy and 4th Masters 40+
              *11 Natural contest 1992-2000 placed top 4 of all
              88 Natural Mr MN 2nd Teen
              88 Gopher State 4th Teen Hvy Div 176lbs

Comment

Nope, not me. It usually is only 1 or 2 strains when their are bunches of strains out there.
                I don't get them for my kids, but their mother does sometimes

Comment

Always, just in case. I work and live in a disease factory.
                  Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
                  kind of a douche

Comment

My kids have gotten it before but it never seems that bad and they only get it every now and then. It isn't common.

If they had an immune system that was compromised, I might then consider it.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
                    Instagram: @intensemuscle
                    YouTube: TEAMSKIP
                    TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

I've never had one and never would get one...just don't believe in them..If I had a compromised immune system, I would work on improving that instead..

My 80 Y.O. mother got one 2 years ago and it made her sick as shit..She also will never get another one..
                      Heckman aka "WISE" OLD MAN

Comment

Not completely relevant, but I can't help but curious about your standpoints on some of the common vaccines as well.

Thanks.

I've skipped the flu shot as well, mostly out of lack of interest and nothing more. Haven't had the flu and this sort of confirms the notion that it's not necessary by any means and really like shooting in the target at the strains of the year.
                        Don't ask for a light load, but a strong back.

5% Discount at TP.com: DEG907

Comment

I get mine every year but only because of a compromised immune system. Once I'm off of all medications and feeling better, I likely won't get them anymore.
                          2013 NPC Europa Battle of Champions - 1st Figure & Overall
                          2013 NPC Rhode Island - 1st Figure
                          2012 NPC Emerald Cup - 2nd Figure
                          2010 NPC Northwest Championships - 4th Figure

Comment

I get it every year. Never get the flu

Comment

Originally posted by Heckman View Post
                              I've never had one and never would get one...just don't believe in them..If I had a compromised immune system, I would work on improving that instead..

My 80 Y.O. mother got one 2 years ago and it made her sick as shit..She also will never get another one..
                              Couldn't agree with you more.
                              Problem is most people are lazy and have a screwed up external locus of control.

Some people bitch and moan that physicians just want to give drugs, surgery, etc. Really, I'm sure any person's dr would love to say "hey you are headed towards type II diabetes, you need to eat right and exercise." That would never work on 90% of pts. So metformin, insulin etc ends up being the treatment. It is either drugs or death (or maybe a lawsuit) because a lifestyle change is not likely.

Comment

Working...
                              X