Peptopro, Is it worth the price?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peptopro, Is it worth the price?

What is the difference between peptopro and say a high grade hydrolyzed casein like truenutrition sells? Is the peptopro really that much better to warrant the price difference?

Originally posted by blastandcruise View Post
    What is the difference between peptopro and say a high grade hydrolyzed casein like truenutrition sells? Is the peptopro really that much better to warrant the price difference?
    pepto-pro has 80% di and tri peptides, allowing it to be utilized much faster than any other protein. Pepto-pro (at least to my knowledge) is the only product that claims such high percentage of peptides. The high percentage of peptides allow for you to initiate the rebuilding and recovery process after breaking down the muscle much faster than other sources of amino acids...

Is it worth the price? Well that is question only you can answer based on how much you value optimizing performance and putting the best of the best in your body..
    Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
    2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
    2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Originally posted by mentalflex View Post
      pepto-pro has 80% di and tri peptides, allowing it to be utilized much faster than any other protein. Pepto-pro (at least to my knowledge) is the only product that claims such high percentage of peptides. The high percentage of peptides allow for you to initiate the rebuilding and recovery process after breaking down the muscle much faster than other sources of amino acids...

Is it worth the price? Well that is question only you can answer based on how much you value optimizing performance and putting the best of the best in your body..
      I have studied this stuff quite a bit and I still dont know how much faster "much faster" is, or if it would even help to any measurable degree... I mean, we are talking about lengths of times in minutes here. Is it really that vital that your muscles be flooded with 20g of amino acids in 14 minutes versus 20 minutes? I'm just making up general numbers here, but would that really make any difference, even if done every training session for 20 years?

The only real benefit I could see to them is if you use them in relatively large quantities in your intra-workout shake. The di- and tri-peptide nature would be beneficial as digestion is essentially already "done for you" and you dont have a bunch of blood returning to the gut and shifting away from the muscles during the workout. That is at least the theory behind the drink, and guys like John Meadows are swearing by it (or similar products)

Unfortunately almost no one lists the amount of hydrolyzation in their products, and NO ONE lists how long they take to fully absorb and then have your blood return to baseline amino acid status. As far as I know only 1 of the major build-your-own protein companies list the first one (True Nutrition does not to my last looking), so its really anyone's guess as to how they compare.

Comment

Originally posted by Lonnie123 View Post
        I have studied this stuff quite a bit and I still dont know how much faster "much faster" is, or if it would even help to any measurable degree... I mean, we are talking about lengths of times in minutes here. Is it really that vital that your muscles be flooded with 20g of amino acids in 14 minutes versus 20 minutes? I'm just making up general numbers here, but would that really make any difference, even if done every training session for 20 years?

The only real benefit I could see to them is if you use them in relatively large quantities in your intra-workout shake. The di- and tri-peptide nature would be beneficial as digestion is essentially already "done for you" and you dont have a bunch of blood returning to the gut and shifting away from the muscles during the workout. That is at least the theory behind the drink, and guys like John Meadows are swearing by it (or similar products)

Unfortunately almost no one lists the amount of hydrolyzation in their products, and NO ONE lists how long they take to fully absorb and then have your blood return to baseline amino acid status. As far as I know only 1 of the major build-your-own protein companies list the first one (True Nutrition does not to my last looking), so its really anyone's guess as to how they compare.

As far as I know, there are no studies comparing pepto pro to an isolate or something else... All we have to go off of is the fact that protein peptides are taken up faster than free form amino acids and while intact proteins and the anecdotal evidence....

To judge how if affects one personally, I would experiment with it for a few months while keeping everything else the same and see if there is a difference...
        Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
        2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
        2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Working...
        X