recent trouble getting up in morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• recent trouble getting up in morning

really have a hard time these last 2-3 weeks getting out of bed. it wasn't that bed before that...

anyone overcome this, aside from stop being a pussy??

been thinking of doing something with coconut oil upon waking?, or straight up caffeine pilling.

one reason i think is that under the covers, warm cozy 98degree heat, then open the covers and i am an icicle => get back in bed. also just groggy

recent training schedule...upped your workload/training/doing more that strains the CNS etc?

recent diet....are you in a deficiet at the moment/dieting. etc

work causing you to stress/stuff on your mind/family?

Have you been putting something off?

Medication?

I ask these because it could be that you are severly tired/fatigued and your body is begging for more sleep, plus with your humidity and it being warm and cozy in the sheets, its becoming diffcult to drag your ass out of bed..

Could be a multitude of things, could be nothing. Maybe writing out the above and then reading it back to yourself will indicate why this is happening? Worth a shot.

Comment

I was going to ask some of the questions Martin asked. Do you need a deload? For me, it's typically either physically needing the extra rest, or something in life which has me in a bit of a depressed state (such as a big exciting project being finished, or breakup...sometimes those overlap Lol).
      2014 Greater Gulf States 2nd WPD Class B
      2010 Jr. USA 2nd LHW
      2009 Houston Pro/Am 1st LHW & Overall (Am)
      2008 Jr. Nationals 5th LHW
      2007 Greater Gulf States 1st LHW
      2007 LA Championships 1st LHW & Overall

Comment

recently had a back injury 10 days ago so didnt lift for nearly a week, and diet has been more junky recently, didnt eat when not lifting, and started eating pizza . i do think it started before that though. however, during the injury and nonlifting, i felt i had no reason to get out of bed at all and stayed in until noonish.

CNS: possibly need a deload, not sure. i haven't added anything particularly different, just progressive weight increases since september might start seeing effects now.

putting off/stress: dont think so.

medication: nope

i'll start fixing my diet again and sleeping earlier (slept at 5am last night... and woke up at 9, 1040, 12, 1 and finally got up). may turn on heater and keep it at 69degrees for waking up. also going to try coconut oil on waking, and resort to 200mg caffeine if it doesnt work.

only other thing that changed was i ran out of potassium salt and my sodium intake jumped (pizza), while my water intake dropped a little.

thanks!

Comment

I have a similar issue, my problem is getting to sleep. Which causes me to be a total bastard in the morning. Some nights I just lay there and stare at the ceiling until 3am, listening to music, thinking about work. Then getting up at 5:30-6:00 makes for a shitty day.

I definitely hear you on the groggy issue though. Most of the time a strong cup of coffee or two will get me going.
          Back in the Game

2006 OCB Richmond 4th
          2006 OCB Pittsburgh 1st
          2007 OCB Richmond 6th
          2007 OCB Pittsburgh 4th

2015 Spartan Sprint OH 82nd out of 2500 Aroo!

Comment

Originally posted by drcrappants View Post
            really have a hard time these last 2-3 weeks getting out of bed. it wasn't that bed before that...

anyone overcome this, aside from stop being a pussy??

been thinking of doing something with coconut oil upon waking?, or straight up caffeine pilling.

one reason i think is that under the covers, warm cozy 98degree heat, then open the covers and i am an icicle => get back in bed. also just groggy
            You mentioned coconut oil and caffeine. You know what's delicious and has a kick? Coffee with some coconut oil in it
            My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable. I'm unna eat your style, i'm unna eat your style's kids.

Comment

Working...
            X